Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 4 Jan 20, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We really enjoyed it - you know when Mark Gatiss writes, that you're not going to get anything 'normal'. It was good to get a time travelling twist.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Well, that went downhill fast. After two excellent episodes, the third one was a bit... rubbish. I was very disappointed. The whole Johnathan Harker Foundation idea was interesting and I was looking forward to seeing that explored. Perhaps showing us how modern day humans could be more monstrous than someone like Dracula. But then I felt the show ‘jumped the shark’ when Dracula simply went on the internet inside his cell, contacted his solicitor, and got released from the Foundation. And that was the last we heard of them. The only good bits from the final episode were the undead child and the final 10 minutes or so.

It would have been great to have seen Dracula stalking his victims in modern day Britain whilst the police and Foundation were trying to track him down and capture him, but that wasn’t explored. Instead, people seemed to accept the idea of a vampire quite readily and Dracula’s horror just kind of faded away. There weren’t even any intelligent twists in this episode like there were in the others.

Ah well, at least the first two episodes were good.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 12:00 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Fairy Helen
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Agree episode 3 so disappointing after the other 2 great episodes.
Fairy Helen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
Really enjoyed watching all three episodes.

In episode two when they were playing chess do you think that was them in the afterlife?
The “chess playing” was what was going through Agatha’s mind whilst Dracula was feeding on her during the voyage on the ship. She was the pawn trying to make it to the other side of the board / sea. The pieces being taken were the other passengers and members of the crew being killed by Dracula.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks Nimbus 😊
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Absolutely loved this... just got the last one to watch. Brilliant and love the actress playing the nun. Best thing over Christmas. xx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
Absolutely loved this... just got the last one to watch. Brilliant and love the actress playing the nun. Best thing over Christmas. xx
Deff agree it was the best thing on over Christmas.

Although I watched a white Christmas for the first time and that was really good. xx
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

I enjoyed the first 2 episodes, then I thought it went downhill after that.
Old 5 Jan 20, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
There are programmes that we both like, haha, I tend to like the ones you don't and vice versa , I was thinking the only programmes we'd both like involved dogs

I actually liked the third episode, it wasn't as 'exciting' as the others but it was good and I liked the ending

Edited at 12:01 AM.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I really liked the first 2 episodes but didn’t like the last one at all. It finished with a whimper. I know he “died” at the end but are there plans for a second series?
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List