Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 11 Jan 20, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Questions re DDP

I would like some help re the Dining plan, never booked direct with Disney before but from what I’ve gathered is you get the DDP if you buy the Disney tickets & book direct with Disney, is this correct ?
If so when I book I need 2 rooms, can’t seem to do this on the site unlike BA I can add another room, what shall I do.
When the room is booked do I need to state the number of people at the time of booking or just pay deposit, what happens with the DDP then, don’t they need to know how many guests obviously bit worried if I pay more for son & DIL then they change their minds 😢we will be paying for it all, they just need to buy their Disney tickets & spending money, to them this will probably be a lot of money
Sorry for number of questions it’s going to Grandson’s & DIL first time in April 2021 & I want everything to go smoothly
Might book a package for flights & 7 nights offsite with BA, then the Disney hotel direct, want to get prepared for April hopefully & free DDP 🤞
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post

I don't think you can book two rooms at once on the Disney site, easily solved though, you book one and then book the other.

You don't need to state the number of people at the time of booking, but you will need to add them on in due course.

To get free dining, you will need to buy the tickets and hotel package.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
teerts
Excited about Disney

You can get the DDP included when booking with a 3rd party, however the free offer typically only runs from April until October for bookings in the next year.

Disney have started adding more & more restrictions on the dates and hotels which include the various DDP options.

So for 2021 holidays free DDP booking should start some time in April 2020, if they still do the offer.

If you want to book for 2020, you can pay for the DDP out of pocket through a 3rd party, but there are lots of discussion as to whether its worth paying for it or just loading the money onto a pre-paid card.

Hope this helps.

Edited at 05:09 PM.
teerts is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I don't think you can book two rooms at once on the Disney site, easily solved though, you book one and then book the other.

You don't need to state the number of people at the time of booking, but you will need to add them on in due course.

To get free dining, you will need to buy the tickets and hotel package.
Thanks for your help, so I can just book a room for one or two people then add others later, but then do I have to purchase their tickets straight away to get DDP or can I add them a few months later, just thinking as would have to pay for the tickets all at once with Disney direct
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Thanks for your help, so I can just book a room for one or two people then add others later, but then do I have to purchase their tickets straight away to get DDP or can I add them a few months later, just thinking as would have to pay for the tickets all at once with Disney direct
You can book one room for one person and add people later if you want and you’ll pay £50 per person deposit for each person you add. That includes a package with hotel and tickets. You don’t need to pay for the tickets up front, they are part of the package and the full amount is due about 8 weeks before you go. You can add them at any time and keep the original offer as long as you don’t exceed the room occupancy so if you want two rooms you’ll need to book two rooms before free dining ends. I would advise taking the risk of booking two rooms straight away because if you do all end up going you may struggle for the same resort and room category if you wait.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
You can book one room for one person and add people later if you want and you’ll pay £50 per person deposit for each person you add. That includes a package with hotel and tickets. You don’t need to pay for the tickets up front, they are part of the package and the full amount is due about 8 weeks before you go. You can add them at any time and keep the original offer as long as you don’t exceed the room occupancy so if you want two rooms you’ll need to book two rooms before free dining ends. I would advise taking the risk of booking two rooms straight away because if you do all end up going you may struggle for the same resort and room category if you wait.
Thanks that’s great info & fantastic that I won’t need to pay it all till next year
Old 12 Jan 20, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
As above ref: deposit, you can secure "your deal" for 1 person & add the rest later but this only works if you are in the same room, if you know that you need 2 rooms then do 2 bookings- each secured by 1 person, upside is IF they do the free $ gift card (which was as high as $300 this year) x 2 bookings would get you 1 per booking IYKWIM
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We're going in August and my parents are coming with us so have 2 rooms booked. I booked them separately, so each booking gets the giftcard. Easy enough to do, then I linked them on MDE as friends and family so I can book all the dining and fastpasses. The other room is in my dads name but I have permission from him to change things on the booking and notes are on the system to try and put our rooms close together. It's easy enough to do!

To get free dining, you have to book room + ticket together to qualify for a minimum of 5 days. The ticket cost will be shown when you book, so you can get your son/dil to pay you the ticket cost.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
We're going in August and my parents are coming with us so have 2 rooms booked. I booked them separately, so each booking gets the giftcard. Easy enough to do, then I linked them on MDE as friends and family so I can book all the dining and fastpasses. The other room is in my dads name but I have permission from him to change things on the booking and notes are on the system to try and put our rooms close together. It's easy enough to do!

To get free dining, you have to book room + ticket together to qualify for a minimum of 5 days. The ticket cost will be shown when you book, so you can get your son/dil to pay you the ticket cost.
Quick question I’ve done a dummy booking for this September maybe AoA as it’s got a suite, deposit though is £300, not the £50 as I had to specify 4 adults 1 child to get this option to show, how can I just book this suite for 1 person then add others later
Thanks
Old 19 Jan 20, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Quick question I’ve done a dummy booking for this September maybe AoA as it’s got a suite, deposit though is £300, not the £50 as I had to specify 4 adults 1 child to get this option to show, how can I just book this suite for 1 person then add others later
Thanks
You do it exactly like that, book naming only now (the MDE account holder) and then ring to add others later. The number of people does not change the options. I have just searched for one person and can get a AoA suite.

Edited at 09:42 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List