Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 20 Jan 20, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyAL
Earning More Ears

First time car hire

Hi all,

I am going to be hiring a car for one day only on our upcoming trip as this works out cheaper than paying for multiple Ubers/Lyfts on our shopping day.

I am going to hire from the Disney Car Care centre.

Are they always available to collect and drop you off at your resort? (Coronado) and also are you able to get into the resort to drop off our shopping without having to pay for parking? We will only be there for about 5 minutes before returning the car on the same day.
DisneyAL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
For collection from resort to take you to DCCC you have to book in advance and are typically on the hour or half hour, or they were when we used it (they don't hang around so make sure you're waiting in plenty of time).

Return to resort is on a "as needed" basis, they have a bus sat waiting and off they go when you're ready (unless there are a few people returning their cars you might have to wait a few mins; we've always been the only ones on our bus for return).

Dropping stuff off at resort shouldn't be an issue and should be no charge as the charges only kick in for "overnight parking", just let the security guys know you're just dropping off and should be ok.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Dropping stuff off at resort shouldn't be an issue and should be no charge as the charges only kick in for "overnight parking", just let the security guys know you're just dropping off and should be ok.
this! and check your room charge folio (you can do that on the app or by asking at concierge), if any charge shows up, just go to guest services or concierge to have the charge dropped (keep rental agreement in case they want evidence, which they seem not to care about anyway)
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyAL
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
For collection from resort to take you to DCCC you have to book in advance and are typically on the hour or half hour, or they were when we used it (they don't hang around so make sure you're waiting in plenty of time).

Return to resort is on a "as needed" basis, they have a bus sat waiting and off they go when you're ready (unless there are a few people returning their cars you might have to wait a few mins; we've always been the only ones on our bus for return).

Thanks for the advice.

Also, I’m looking to book a mustang with Alamo. Is car insurance included in the price? Will there be anything else that I need to pay for?
DisneyAL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyAL View Post
Thanks for the advice.

Also, I’m looking to book a mustang with Alamo. Is car insurance included in the price? Will there be anything else that I need to pay for?
depends who you book with

if you book with a UK broker or site (Andy at DFCH, Alamo Brits, Virgin, and all the sites listed in the yellow boxes above this forum) insurances should be included (you need CDW and EP with Alamo)

if you book on the US site, then they're not included, and the rental will be much more expensive once you include those mandatory coverage.

so always book on a UK site, and check you have CDW and EP

due to limited inventory at DCCC and the insurance, you need to book in advance from a UK broker/site, don't expect to show up on the day and be given the car you want, especially a convertible.

pay attention to fuel charges. You will most probably need to fill up before returning, but there is a petrol station inside DCCC, just don't forget to fill up and keep your receipt if you don't go for the prepaid fuel option (not interesting for a one day rental)

check your charges are $0 on the rental agreement before leaving the desk

Edited at 10:48 AM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyAL
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
depends who you book with

if you book with a UK broker or site (Andy at DFCH, Alamo Brits, Virgin, and all the sites listed in the yellow boxes above this forum) insurances should be included (you need CDW and EP with Alamo)

if you book on the US site, then they're not included, and the rental will be much more expensive once you include those mandatory coverage.

so always book on a UK site, and check you have CDW and EP

due to limited inventory at DCCC and the insurance, you need to book in advance from a UK broker/site, don't expect to show up on the day and be given the car you want, especially a convertible.

pay attention to fuel charges. You will most probably need to fill up before returning, but there is a petrol station inside DCCC, just don't forget to fill up and keep your receipt if you don't go for the prepaid fuel option (not interesting for a one day rental)

check your charges are $0 on the rental agreement before leaving the desk
Thanks.

I’m looking on DFCH now and it’s showing £41.60 for a mustang or equivalent 10-4 on a Saturday.

I can see that this includes collision damage waiver, uninsured motorist protection and theft protection. Is there anything else at all that I will need?

Also, does the car come full of fuel and I just refill to fill when return it from the petrol station there?
Old 20 Jan 20, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyAL View Post
I’m looking on DFCH now and it’s showing £41.60 for a mustang or equivalent 10-4 on a Saturday.

I can see that this includes collision damage waiver, uninsured motorist protection and theft protection. Is there anything else at all that I will need?
you get 0 excess coverage, and third party protection up to $1.000.000 that's all you need as far as mandatory insurances

Also, does the car come full of fuel and I just refill to fill when return it from the petrol station there?
the tank will be full upon collection
you'll need to fill up before returning unless you take the fuel service option