Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Jan 20, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Being a bit Goofy

Quick Service Dining Plan - I don't understand

I'm really confused about the dining plan. I don't understand where I can use it and how I know if something is included. Do I tell the staff that I want to use my credits?
Will it say at the location whether the accept the quick service plan? sorry for being dim!
Picklepuppy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The Disney website will tell you if somewhere accepts it or not. Generally anywhere that you order from a counter rather than with a waiter/waitress will be included on Disney property. A meal credit includes a main course and drink. A snack is generally below $6 but will have a snack credit symbol next to it.

Have a read of this thread for more help https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1011133

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Mobile

I felt the same last year but it ended up being really simple if you are unsure just ask a cast member
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

I think most (if not all) quick service locations at the parks accept quick service credits, and snacks that can be paid for with a snack credit will have the purple dining plan symbol on the menu/notice boards. The dining plan seems complicated ahead of arrival, but once you're there it really is super simple. A quick service credit will buy you a main and a drink, and sometimes may even include a small side if it's sold as a complete meal, e.g. a burger meal may include some fries on the side. As for your drink, you can have more or less any drink with your meal, including slushies and some alcoholic drinks, but not anything that comes in a souvenir cup. When you come to pay tell the cashier that you'd like to pay with a quick service credit (times however many meals you're buying) - they'll put it through the till as such, then you scan your magic band and enter your PIN number (this will be set up for you at check in). Your receipt will show how many quick meal and snack credits you have left.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

honestly dont stress.

what resort are you staying in?

Basically you will have more than enough free food when you are there - and although its fast food - its not processed, good quality fast food.

We stayed at CBR in 2016 3 weeks and 2017 2 weeks and we are grubbers and we had loads left over.

Quick Service is basically anywhere you walk up to a counter ask for your food and take it to your table yourself. (with a few exceptions - be our guest breakfast).

It doesnt include buffets like chef mickey and anywhere you sit down and a the waiting staff come to you- these are usually the ones when you meet the characters. These are Table Service meals - and 180 days before you go you can book these and pay for them out of pocket when you are there. We always do a few TS meals even we have the QS Plan - meaning even more potential QS credits left!

If for example you are at CBR - you go to the cafe and you order Burger Fries and A Drink - thats ONE QS meal. Grab a cake or ice cream after, thats one snack.

There is no procedure to use up your credits. When you arrive you are told how many QS Meals and Snacks you are entitled to. (we had 3A 2K for 14 days - so we had 5 x 2 x 14 = 140 meals and 140 snacks to use over our two weeks). You do not have to ration them per day, just every time you use a credit the till receipt shows you how many you have left!

You can also use them at the QS restaurants in the parks and the QS restaurants at Disney Springs - like Blaze Pizza or the good burger place.

Basically its like all inclusive - but you can eat at LOADS of lovely places and lots of lovely food.

Dont stress - just plan your days - at which park for your Fast Passes - and then see what QS place is near your Fast Passes for Breakfast, Lunch or Tea.

For example - if we were doing MK early on a Tuesday (and werent doing Be Our Guest) - we'd head to Starbucks and get a QS breakfast there. Or Epcot Wednesday Afternoon - After FP for Soarin we'd head to electric umbrella for QS Lunch.

Hope this helps

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Picklepuppy View Post
I'm really confused about the dining plan. I don't understand where I can use it and how I know if something is included. Do I tell the staff that I want to use my credits?
Will it say at the location whether the accept the quick service plan? sorry for being dim!
Don’t worry about it. Practically everywhere will accept the dining plan, the main exception are the lounges and a couple of very posh places, but they wouldn’t be QS anyway.

The first question out of the server’s mouth will be if you have a dining plan.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
discoclare
Excited about Disney

and just to mention. Poster above mentioned Be Our Guest. This is QS at breakfast and lunch but table service at dinner. If you want to eat there at breakfast or lunch you will need a booking - best to make this as soon as the ADR window opens as it gets heavily booked. Most other QS locations don't take reservations, you just rock up.
discoclare is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
discoclare
Excited about Disney

If you have a look on You Tube at DFB (Disney food blog) she has loads of great vlogs called stuff like "25 best snacks in Magic Kingdom" etc. I'm sure she'll have ranked QS locations for each park etc. Also you can ask where to eat on here obviously, but yes as everyone said it's very easy.
discoclare is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by discoclare View Post
If you have a look on You Tube at DFB (Disney food blog) she has loads of great vlogs called stuff like "25 best snacks in Magic Kingdom" etc. I'm sure she'll have ranked QS locations for each park etc. Also you can ask where to eat on here obviously, but yes as everyone said it's very easy.
Was a bit disappointed with this years 25 best snacks there seemed to be more QS mentioned and very few snack credits lol... totally agree with DFB though generally good info about food
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Being a bit Goofy

Thank you everyone! We are looking forward to it! Although I suspect that we might end up with a lot of credits left as we have quite a few non Disney days planned!
Picklepuppy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List