Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 21 Jan 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I’ve used the “deliver luggage to room” many times when entering Orlando on a domestic flight. It is perfect for that.

Never bothered when flying direct because a) I’d already have collected luggage and gone through customs and b) I don’t want to wait hours to unpack after a long travel day and jet lag.
Old 21 Jan 20, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

I might be wrong but I think you have to travel with your luggage - you can’t ask them to pick it up then make your own way to the hotel.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Clarky View Post
Final question, if you left your luggage but decided to hop in a cab would they still deliver your luggage even though you weren’t on a bus?
Mmm not sure they would take your luggage if you didn’t go on the ME, although I could be wrong.

I definitely prefer taking my luggage on the ME with me.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
VicStar
VIP Dibber

It says on the website:

Luggage Delivery

You have two options:
1. You can pick up your luggage at baggage claim located on Level 2 and bring it with you on the motorcoach. Bell Services can provide assistance to your room upon check-in.
2. You may proceed to Disney's Magical Express and Disney will collect your luggage. You will need to provide your airline baggage claim check numbers to the Disney representatives.

Luggage delivery to your resort room may take up to 3 hours to arrive after you have checked in at the resort. You do not need to be in your room to receive your luggage.

I'm a bit confused by the whole thing We've never used the ME and will be arriving from an indirect flight via Chicago. Will we need to do the double luggage drop or do we bypass that coming in 'domestically' as it were? We land quite late, after 10pm and am not sure what to do - wait ages for the cases then stagger off to bed after check-in at the hotel, or zoom straight for the ME, check-in at hotel but be woken a few hours later by the cases!

Edited at 09:30 PM.
VicStar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Andi View Post
Mmm not sure they would take your luggage if you didn’t go on the ME, although I could be wrong.

I definitely prefer taking my luggage on the ME with me.
They will. My parents arrived on a domestic flight from New York. We had booked ME for them to save us collecting them from the airport but after their flight got cancelled and they ended up on a later one we decided to just go and get them. Their luggage had already been collected by Disney and taken to the hotel.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Clarky View Post
Hmmmm so mixed! I wonder if I can book and if we get there and it’s a huge wait we could jump in a taxi instead... obviously tell them and not just leave the bus hanging around!
You don't actually book onto a specific coach. You just get on the next one going to your resort that comes along when you get there (like you would with a regular bus).

So if you get to the Magical Express area of Orlando Airport and find that it's very busy you can just change your mind and hire a taxi, request an Uber/Lyft, whatever. You don't have to tell them you're not going to use the ME; the bus won't be hanging around for you to get on.

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I have never been on the ME. I have always been put off by the potential waiting about and the potential for a painstaking multiple resort drop offs. No, I have never fancied it and have always thought it would be like the package holiday coach transfers in Ibiza from my 20s. DH travelled separately to me last time and he took it, but he didn’t say much about it.
I've only used ME twice so, y'know, limited experience and all that. However, on the two occasions I have used it we've never waited for very long. Certainly not much longer than you would wait for a taxi. The buses are on a regular schedule so it's not like they have to wait for everyone on a list to get on the bus (like package holiday transfers do). The bus parks up, it waits for a while for whatever people are there to get on, then it goes and is replaced by another bus a few minutes later.

And the ME bus went straight to our resort. This was CBR. There were no multiple resort drop offs. That's not the case for all of them - some are shared (I wouldn't be surprised if the All-Star resorts share a bus). But there are only usually 2 or 3 drop off at most. There are around a dozen lines at the ME area of MCO, each going to a different resort (or couple of resorts) and each being serviced by a different set of buses.

That said, I often use airport transfers when holidaying in Europe and don't usually find them to be an issue. The ME is usually quicker than these though.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
dumbomum
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

We had a bad experience, after a delay at Gatwick and a long wait for our luggage. The queue for the bus was huge with multiple lanes depending on the hotel you were staying at. I don't mind a queue provided I know roughly how long the wait is. Other people were boarding for their buses for their hotels but ours took over an hour. With two small kids, this year we are paying for a private transfer. $100 all in and worth every cent for us. I am booked on the Disney express back to the airport.
dumbomum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

As far as I'm aware, Disney will not collect luggage for you if you're on an international flight. So don't hop on the Magical Express without yours if you're flying direct from the UK!

In terms of queues, I have not waited more than 10-15 mins in May and September.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Mobile

Anyone know what MDE would be like mid July ? Queue wise.
Old 2 Feb 20, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
liz2206
Trying for More Ears

We have used ME for the last four years and we have never waited more than 10 minutes to get on a bus. We go at the end of August and have been to a variety of different hotels.
It I’d definitely part of the holiday and the kids love the Disney trivia.
liz2206 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List