Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 29 Oct 22, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Yorkshire_Dan View Post
That’s correct. I’ve updated the sticky if you’re unsure but it’s a much more streamlined system these days. Accelerated check in first then STC.
Perfect thanks for confirming 👍

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 22, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
andylfc60
Excited about Disney

andylfc60's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi Guys

Online check in issues here, having to add a credit card for online check in and going through the verification texts etc fine but when i click submit its saying payment transaction failed anyone had this issue? tried 2 different cards with no luck.

booked through alamo brits and ACI already complete. I do have fuel added on if that makes a difference.

Any help much appreciated!
Old 30 Nov 22, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
KEEWAYDIN
a Friend of the DIBB

I tried to book through Alamo Brits last week and had the same issue. I did some searching and found it was because I had pre paid. Also seems to happen if you add the fuel or any extras too. You can add the fuel at the barrier when you leave the garage.
KEEWAYDIN is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 23, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Lorrabell
First POST

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I've booked via discount florida car hire and all prepaid
On there website they advise doing online check in but dont mention straight to garage
Can i do STG?
Also if not how much time does it save as having looked into how to use the kiosks its doesn't look too tricky or time consuming
I did read recently that to do straight to garage it had to be booked direct with alamo. You can still do skip the counter and use the kiosk tho
Lorrabell is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 23, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Lorrabell View Post
I did read recently that to do straight to garage it had to be booked direct with alamo. You can still do skip the counter and use the kiosk tho
I don't know who the "guest" is that you're replying to but here is Andy's (DFCH) guide to Alamo accelerated check-in. Near the end you'll see that you can go straight to the garage.

discountfloridacarhire.c...heck-in-guide/

And here's the process at the kiosks

discountfloridacarhire.c...e-kiosk-guide/

Mick

PS Welcome to the DIBB
Old 14 Feb 23, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
TBH the kiosks are quick, once it spits out the paperwork you do go straight to garage and pick a car from the lane you are shown. I don’t think straight to garage would be any quicker.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 23, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
TBH the kiosks are quick, once it spits out the paperwork you do go straight to garage and pick a car from the lane you are shown. I don’t think straight to garage would be any quicker.
Before November 2021 I'd done skip the counter and straight to the garage about a dozen times with either Andy or Alamo Brits and it was so easy then. All I had to do was to fill in a simple form on the Alamo web site and print a bar code and go straight to the garage to pick a car and go nowhere near the terminal.

Then sometime in 2022 they changed it to accelerated check in with most UK brokers including Andy.

I'll be trying accelerated check-in for the first time soon. Will leave Joan in the central concourse whilst I go over to level 1 side A for the VTP then both over to B to collect the car then auto-pilot to the 417.

Mick
Old 14 Mar 23, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
class
A Guest at All-Stars

class's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
This has probably been answered, but I'm booked with Alamo via Virgin. I am trying to do skip the counter, but it won't recognise my Mastercard Debit Card as a valid form of payment. Do I need to go to the counter and complete as I only have a debit card?
class is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 23, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Pigglesberg
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Originally Posted by class View Post
This has probably been answered, but I'm booked with Alamo via Virgin. I am trying to do skip the counter, but it won't recognise my Mastercard Debit Card as a valid form of payment. Do I need to go to the counter and complete as I only have a debit card?
You have to enter credit card details for the skip the counter but when you collect the car you can ask at the gate to change to the debit card. I go in just over 3 weeks and will be doing exactly the same thing
Pigglesberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 23, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
gilders
Trading Disney Pins

I made a booking via Alamo's official website and easily sorted out ACI and STC. Thanks to this site , I found a great price on Alamo Italy. It was mentioned on this site (Dibb) that if I pay at time of booking I wouldn't be able to access STC, but Accelerated Check In (and use of self service kiosks) was available.
But I cannot even complete ACI. I enter my name and confirmation number, which takes me to Driving licence page. I enter my driving licence number and click Next.
This page now shows all my driving licence details, with bits blanked out and my home address and telephone number (I guess it's sourced my details from previous bookings). When I click Confirm, I get the following message -
"We’re sorry, but currently this reservation can't be modified online. Please cancel and rebook your reservation with any necessary changes, or call us for assistance."

There is one difference to previous bookings, in that I chose GOLD on the Italian site as the included tank of fuel was much cheaper than I could purchase at a pump. Is this what has caused the problem?

Edited at 02:05 PM.
gilders is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List