Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 11 Jul 17, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
FoxRed
Having Dinner with Goofy

I get married a year today!

That is all.

Intl Drive 1995 : Kissimmee 1998 : Highland Reserve 2014 :
Hampton Lakes 2015 : Polo Park 2016: Formosa Gardens 2018
FoxRed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
FoxRed
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by Claire@Hull View Post
How exciting!
Were getting married over there in April 2019 so have all this to come.
Im hoping to get a villa (or two) for my family too, but there will be 25 of us. Yours looks AMAZING!
Looking forward to hearing all about your plans as the date gets nearer! X

Congratulations!

I just looked on websites like owners direct etc and the amount of (huge) villas available was amazing. And of course you have the pick of lots of dibb villas too!

I can't believe how quickly my countdown has gone. Yours will be the same!

FoxRed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Wondering if OP has done a wee wedding blog somewhere?! I stay not too far from you actually haha and we get married at PC this October! Exciting stuff!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
FoxRed
Having Dinner with Goofy

Hi everyone!

sorry about the late reply - again!
I had completely planned to do a live trippie but after we arrived it was non stop chaos. It's been 6 months (almost 7) since the wedding and I cant believe how quick it has been. I do regret a little bit not doing a trip report but can say that I enjoyed every minute.
I will leave you with some pics below of our special day!

Old 5 Jan 19, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Your wedding looks like it was amazing! just in the process of organising our wedding (hopefully) at paradise cove in September. we will be 15 in total including myself and the other half. do you have any tips or suggestions? anything that you wish you had done or would advise someone planning that they should do?

I love your bridesmaid dresses where did you get them from?

the question I want to ask everyone who has had their wedding in Orlando is how did you plan out your day? we don't want people to come all that way for our wedding and then be bored mid way through the day.

Sorry for all the questions its just your post has made me excited for my own wedding
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Wow this looks amazing! Everything looks beautiful, I look forward to reading along x
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
FoxRed
Having Dinner with Goofy

Congratulations!
I know I am biased but you have picked a stunning location.
I got both my wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses from a shop in Glasgow called Angelique Lamont. The bridesmaid dress designer is emmabridals

I always wanted different pastel colours and this designer had loads of colour swatches that made my decision easier.

I had a videographer and would definitely recommend getting one if your budget allows.
Also seems obvious but triple check everything! One of my bridesmaids pulled out so naturally I cancelled her hair and make up. However I didn’t find out until the morning of my wedding that my wedding planner cancelled everyone’s hair and makeup including mine! It was all sorted in the end but was stress I could have done without.

On the day of, we got married at 5pm. John stayed with his friend in a hotel the night before and I stayed in the villa with my family and bridesmaids. My bridesmaids and I went to ihop for breakfast and John told me he went to Denny’s haha we’re a classy couple!
Our guests just suited themselves to be honest. My family had a lazy morning by the pool and then got ready. My mother in law and her friends booked into a spa to get their hair and makeup done. The boys transported all the alcohol to the venue.
Our ceremony started at 5 and John arrived 10 minutes before on a speedboat. Our ceremony lasted about half an hour. Then we had pictures and hors d'oeuvre.
We were announced into the dining area around 6pm and had the speeches and toasts.
Then John and I headed to the pier for our couple pictures.
After food we just danced the night away and then headed to our villa for the after party!
The day went so quickly that I didn’t have time to think. It was relaxed though and everyone said they had a great night. Your guests will have a great time - they have travelled all the way to Florida for you for a reason!
Any more questions feel free to ask!

Old 6 Jan 19, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Hels80
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We got married in 2009 with Helen organising everything. She is amazing. You’ll have a ball!
Best Western I drive 1997, Regal Palms 2009, Wedding at Beuna Vista Palace 04/08/09, Coco Key 2010, Art of Animation, RPR Universal, Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014, RPR & Disney's Swan 2017, Rosen Inn @ Pointe, Hard Rock Hotel, Port Orleans French 2018.

DLP: :
Best Western MLV 2007, Hotel Cheyenne 2008, Sequoia Lodge 2010, Dream Castle 2011, Kyriad MLV Torcy 2012, Hotel El'ysee 2012, Hotel Cheyenne 2013, Sequoia Lodge 2015.
Hels80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Morganza
slightly serious Dibber

Beautiful pictures and what a gorgeous bride! Congratulations!
Morganza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

After our daughter's wedding at Discovery Cove we went back to the villa, got changed, and had a meal at Hard Rock Cafe. Great day.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List