Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 19 Feb 17, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
melons24791152
Looking for my Ears

Character Dining

Myself, my husband and our 18 year old daughter are planning our Florida 2018 holiday, having only been once before in 2005. We want to do at least one character dining experience and would love some recommendations. Thanks
melons24791152 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
little tink
slightly serious Dibber

Our top two character meals are Crystal Palace in MK and Tusker House in AK and we do them both as breakfasts.

Crystal Palace is with the Winnie the Pooh characters and Tusker House is with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald and Daisy in safari outfits. The food is pretty similar at both of them with Mickey waffles, pancakes, croissants and cooked things as well.

Other character breakfasts which we've enjoyed are Chef Mickey at the Contemporary, 'Ohana at the Polynesian and 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. All of them do very similar but delicious food! It really depends on what characters you want to see.

Little Tink
little tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

My fave is Crystal Palace as I love the characters - Pooh Bear, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet.

I also really enjoyed 1900 Park Fare as the character interaction was fantastic - Cinderella, along with step sisters and Lady Tremaine were brilliant.

It's just personal preference but both the above were great with lovely buffet food.
Old 19 Feb 17, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

One if our favourites is garden grill dinner at epcot with Mickey ,Pluto, Chip n Dale

1994 Lindfields Villa 1999 Polynesian/Disney Magic 2002 All Star Sports 2007 Best Western Lakeside 2012 OKW 2014 Disney Magic 2015 OKW/Disney Dream/AoA 2016 Disney Magic 2017 OKW 2018 Disney Dream / OKW / All Star Movies 2019 CBR
DVC Owner at OKW
disneymadhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

Breakfast at Tusker House is a must do for us.

We also enjoyed breakfast at Cape May Cafe last year (Donald, Minnie, Daisy and goofy) lovely and relaxed with great food. Dinner there gets good reviews too, especially if you like fish/seafood

I'm planning to try 1900 Park Fayre this trip after seeing good reviews
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

Crystal palace is top of our list this year. I love piglet and eeyore and neither of them were at 1900 park fare which we went to last year.

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We love Tusker House - the character interaction is great and the food is amazing 😊
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
beegnjasmum
VIP Dibber

Hi, we've done breakfast and brunch at Chef mickeys, breakfast at Tusker House, Garden Grill and Crystal Palace. To be honest I loved them all and character interaction was great.
In terms of the food I loved the breakfast lasagne at Crystal Palace ( a layered dish of sponge, custard, strawberries and cream), the choc chip pancakes and other pastries at Chef Mickeys and the jungle juice and blueberry cake at Tusker House.
Garden grill is not a buffet as such so less choice but lovely all the same. Good luck with your choice ☺
beegnjasmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
We've only done two character meals and they've both been breakfasts - Tusker House and Crystal Palace. I highly recommend both (although Tusker House slightly edges in front as favourite!)
Old 21 Feb 17, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Howleytronix
Getting Excited

Crystal Palace breakfast for me! We kick off our holiday here every time - it's a tradition!
The thought of Garden Grill gives me the shivers as the food was horrendous in my opinion (everyone I was with agreed).
I didn't enjoy Tusker House as much as i thought i would, it just didn't compare to Crystal palace for both character interaction and food. This year we are returning to CP and also trying out the Cape May character breakfast at the Beach Club which has great reviews.