Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Mar 17, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Boardwalk dining...

Any suggestions for dining along the boardwalk?
Our loose plan for the day is to visit HS in the morning and catch a late morning boat to the boardwalk and spend the afternoon walking that area (shout up if I've planned too much time for this!) and generally noseying. Would you plan a 'dessert lunch' along there or recommend any other good spots for actual dinner? (Not the flying fish though)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 17, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Born Grumpy
slightly serious Dibber

Born Grumpy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 10
Originally Posted by Littlepip View Post
Any suggestions for dining along the boardwalk?
Our loose plan for the day is to visit HS in the morning and catch a late morning boat to the boardwalk and spend the afternoon walking that area (shout up if I've planned too much time for this!) and generally noseying. Would you plan a 'dessert lunch' along there or recommend any other good spots for actual dinner? (Not the flying fish though)
i will admit i've not spent a lot of time at the Boardwalk but one option for you could be ESPN.

Edited at 04:21 PM.
Born Grumpy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 17, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Big River Grille is lovely!
Great service and fantastic food.

You could spend a whole afternoon there, but it would be a very relaxed pace afternoon
Old 13 Mar 17, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

We stayed at Boardwalk Villas for 2 weeks last year - incredible location. If you are after something quick, the Boardwalk Bakery is hands down one of the best Counter Service places we've eaten at. In fact it was a daily occurance which saw me put on half a stone. Those sandwiches and the Key Lime Pie...

As mentioned ESPN is OK american food. Wasn't overly fussed but good if you like the various sports on the TV. Never tried Trattoria because of the low to middling reviews.
Cape May Cafe at Beach Club has always been one of our favourites and we always make a journey there wherever we are staying. However it felt like it had gone off the boil a bit last year. Maybe over familiarity after previous visits?

Captain's Grille at Yacht Club is supposed to be one of the tastiest at WDW but let down a bit by the mediocre surroundings. I'm led to believe it shares the same kitchen as Yachtsman Steakhouse.

Apart from Flying Fish which was incredible and you're not too keen on, there's little else substantial at Boardwalk. It's more than enough with the plethora of great places at EPCOT within walking distance.

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 17, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Big River Grille is fab.

Alternatively grab a pizza from the window and walk round and eat it on the beach at Y&B.
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 17, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally I'd planned the amplehills creamery to keep us going until a Big River adr at dinner time... But then TripAdvisor reviews were a bit negative about Big River and i had second thoughts. :-/
Old 13 Mar 17, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Maybe I'll chance a walk up at Big River? Then we can do as we please on the day? A bit optimistic do you think?
Old 13 Mar 17, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Don't forget the new bar Abracadbra may be worth a look at and a cheeky drink
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 17, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by LadyDebs86 View Post
Big River Grille is fab.

Alternatively grab a pizza from the window and walk round and eat it on the beach at Y&B.
We really enjoyed big river as well
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 17, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
We had our wedding meal at Trattoria Al Forno, it's lovely