Notices
Photo, Video & Vlogs Photography, Video and Vlog discussions

Old 21 Jul 20, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Please, someone tell me this isn't real!

Audio cassettes making a comeback? I hope not!

bbc/news/technology-53472748

What do you think?

Edited at 06:34 PM.
BucksBugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
stan_the_man
Imagineer

I agree with the article, they are probably sold mainly as collectors items rather than to actually play, same as vinyl and how it made a comeback (although vinyl definitely looks nicer than a cassette tape tape). Personally I collect memorabilia from my favourite band, so I own a large number of cassette singles and albums from them, and try to get latest releases on every format

Allergy-Friendly Food Report 2015
stan_the_man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by stan_the_man View Post
I agree with the article, they are probably sold mainly as collectors items rather than to actually play, same as vinyl and how it made a comeback (although vinyl definitely looks nicer than a cassette tape tape). Personally I collect memorabilia from my favourite band, so I own a large number of cassette singles and albums from them, and try to get latest releases on every format

Go on...who is your favourite band ?
Old 21 Jul 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

I found a box of them while having a sort out and am slowly working my way through them, some are bought ones but some are top 20 taped from the radio . Quite good fun listening to them as none have labels on so you haven't a clue what comes on next
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
I found a box of them while having a sort out and am slowly working my way through them, some are bought ones but some are top 20 taped from the radio . Quite good fun listening to them as none have labels on so you haven't a clue what comes on next
It sounds a bit like finding a roll of unexposed 35mm film in the kitchen drawer and wondering what is on it!
Old 22 Jul 20, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
stan_the_man
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
Go on...who is your favourite band ?
It's Green Day, so I have mostly cassettes from around 1990 onwards, amongst countless other CDs and vinyl from them 😂

Allergy-Friendly Food Report 2015
stan_the_man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by stan_the_man View Post
It's Green Day, so I have mostly cassettes from around 1990 onwards, amongst countless other CDs and vinyl from them 😂
I have to be honest - ive never heard of them may have a Google later