Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 19 Sep 20, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
#1
Wysbob
Proud to wear my Ears
 
Wysbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 09
Disney hotel advice

Afternoon all, hope you are safe and well

I am just looking for some help and advice if you can say . Like a lot of us we had this year holiday cancelled and we decided to reschedule for Oct 2021, we have been lucky enough to get these dates but we cant do any thing with them.

This will be are first time staying on-site and I alway said I wanted to stay at AK, and lucky this is what we have got whoop whoop. However as the prices have gone up we are looking to maybe try and save some pennies. So I was wondering if you lovely Dibbers would be able to provide what once you have stayed at and your experience and what Can be recommended.

Also can you book the Swan/dolphin through Disney? Just as I can see that on the list.

Sorry for the long winded story

Edited at 04:23 PM.
Wysbob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
#2
Vikkicat
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Vikkicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 12
hi, if you have your heart set on AKL, how about looking to rent DVC points, from someone here or through one of the DVC rental companies (quick google search will bring a few up)! thats what we did before becoming DVC members ourselves. we were able to get a bigger room at less of the price of a studio room (and the one and two bedrooms have full kitchens!). it is a good way of staying at a deluxe for less than most travel companies.
Vikkicat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
#3
sha9
VIP Dibber
 
sha9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 08

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Wysbob View Post
Afternoon all, hope you are safe and well

I am just looking for some help and advice if you can say . Like a lot of us we had this year holiday cancelled and we decided to reschedule for Oct 2021, we have been lucky enough to get these dates but we cant do any thing with them.

This will be are first time staying on-site and I alway said I wanted to stay at AK, and lucky this is what we have got whoop whoop. However as the prices have gone up we are looking to maybe try and save some pennies. So I was wondering if you lovely Dibbers would be able to provide what once you have stayed at and your experience and what Can be recommended.

Also can you book the Swan/dolphin through Disney? Just as I can see that on the list.

Sorry for the long winded story
Iíve not stayed in a Disney hotel that I wouldnít stay at again. Iíd prefer a moderate or deluxe over a value though. I think you just need to have a look at the Disney website and see what theming takes your fancy although probably best to see whatís available first.

You can normally book the Swan & Dolphin through Disney but it wonít necessarily be the cheapest way to do it. I donít think theyíre released until about a year out though so youíd have to wait.
__________________
Lisa

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
#4
Wysbob
Thread Starter
Proud to wear my Ears
 
Wysbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 09
Iíve never heard of DVC points, so will have a look in to thanks 😊. Going to have a good look around and see what tickles my fancy 😂😂😂 x

Edited at 05:57 PM.
Wysbob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
#5
Shooby doo
Imagineer
 
Shooby doo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 09

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Only resort that we have stayed at that I wouldn't stay at again was CBR, just a bit meh, though loads like it. We were due to have our second stay at AKL this year (should be there now ) but without Free Dining it's not worth it. We've enjoyed both stays at WL but again without FD, probably not. We own DVC & love Saratoga but, IMO none of the Disney hotels are worth their price- a Mod is going to cost you £250/night yet somewhere like Vistana is £700 for a week!
Sd
__________________
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 Saphire Falls/SSR '20
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
#6
bronny
Imagineer
 
bronny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 09
Location: Cornwall
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Iíve not stayed in a Disney hotel that I wouldnít stay at again. Iíd prefer a moderate or deluxe over a value though. I think you just need to have a look at the Disney website and see what theming takes your fancy although probably best to see whatís available first.

You can normally book the Swan & Dolphin through Disney but it wonít necessarily be the cheapest way to do it. I donít think theyíre released until about a year out though so youíd have to wait.
Iíve booked the Swan for May 2022 through Travel Republic. Resort fees are included with them as well.
__________________
Low Q on I-Drive August 2007
New York - competition win - Empire Hotel April 2010.
POFQ & Rosen Inn International wedding trip April 2014.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019


bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
#7
sha9
VIP Dibber
 
sha9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 08

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by bronny View Post
Iíve booked the Swan for May 2022 through Travel Republic. Resort fees are included with them as well.
We have the Dolphin booked via them for next September.
__________________
Lisa

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
#8
Claudette
Imagineer
 
Claudette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 18
Location: Hertfordshire

Claudette's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I didnít think AKL or indeed any Disney hotel was yet available for October 2021, they have only released rooms up to September 2021 and there is no AKL availability on any dates I have looked at up until then. I presume you have used a TA and they are hoping it will become available.

I would caution over renting DVC points, you could end up losing all your money if you are not able to go. I would book directly and then it will either be fully refundable or only loss of deposit of £50 per person.

The availability is pretty poor and prices very high for the dates that have been released for next year (Jan - Sept). I have also been thinking that if we go, we will book the Swan or Dolphin, not available in the Disney site but you can find it elsewhere.
Claudette is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Walt Disney World
On 27th October 3:18pm
Walt Disney World has announced that their entrance gateways to Walt Disney World are about... Read More »
Posted in Disneyland News
On 21st October 8:51am
Disneyland California is the only major Disney theme park to not reopen after all the... Read More »
Posted in Disney Shopping
On 18th October 9:02am
Disney has reduced the price of its large soft toys by up to 50%. Bargains... Read More »

theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2670
CaxtonFX  $1.2641
Covent Garden FX  $1.2768
FAIRFX  $1.2690
John Lewis  $1.2695
M&S  $1.2454
Post Office  $1.2449
Sainsburys  $1.2638
TESCO  $1.2669
Travelex  $1.2600
Updated: 19:00 30/10/2020
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.0852
CaxtonFX  €1.0851
Covent Garden FX  €1.1004
FAIRFX  €1.0830
John Lewis  €1.0872
M&S  €1.0664
Post Office  €1.0661
Sainsburys  €1.0828
TESCO  €1.0849
Travelex  €1.0800
Updated: 19:00 30/10/2020

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now