Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 21 Jan 18, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
#1
Procrastinator
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Dec 10

Procrastinator's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
throw away booking questions

Hello, we are staying offsite on idrive. But I am keen on the 60 day FP. We arrive 5:45pm on the 19th Aug. Now I don't really want to be sorting out the throwaway check in that night (might be rather late and if we have any time I want to get a grocery shop done). And I don't really want to do it the next morning either as we will be getting to one of the parks for rope drop. So my plan was to book the night of the 20th August and then "check in" on our way back from the park on the 20th. The downsides to this that I see are that 1) we will have not got that check in day parking free. And 2) we won't have the magic bands for that first day.

My questions are:

1) I'm guessing it doesn't matter that we use our passes for that first day rather than the magic bands and that once we get them it will still be fine linking that to MDE and all the FP we have booked?

2) How do people access the fort wilderness page? I get re-directed every time I try.

3) Any problems with doing the above that I have not thought of? Any other ways people have done something similar?

Thanks!
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 18, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
#2
Miss AliJS
VIP Dibber
 
Miss AliJS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 14
Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post
Hello, we are staying offsite on idrive. But I am keen on the 60 day FP. We arrive 5:45pm on the 19th Aug. Now I don't really want to be sorting out the throwaway check in that night (might be rather late and if we have any time I want to get a grocery shop done). And I don't really want to do it the next morning either as we will be getting to one of the parks for rope drop. So my plan was to book the night of the 20th August and then "check in" on our way back from the park on the 20th. The downsides to this that I see are that 1) we will have not got that check in day parking free. And 2) we won't have the magic bands for that first day.

My questions are:

1) I'm guessing it doesn't matter that we use our passes for that first day rather than the magic bands and that once we get them it will still be fine linking that to MDE and all the FP we have booked?

2) How do people access the fort wilderness page? I get re-directed every time I try.

3) Any problems with doing the above that I have not thought of? Any other ways people have done something similar?

Thanks!
You will still have the free parking for your first day (20th) as you can check in online and the parking is automatically on your magic band (or your park ticket before you get magic band).
To access the campsite booking you need to go to the US site- go to top of page and change from UK English to America English. One of the positives about the US site is that you can cancel at any time with no fee.
We did this last year and are doing it again this year, no problems. You can still link magic bands when you get them with no change to Fps etc
__________________
OCT 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 -Windsor Hills
OCT 2015, 2016, 2017- Sunset Lakes/HRH
APRIL 2018- Cabana Bay
OCT 2018- Emerald Island/HRH
APRIL 2019- Cabana Bay
OCT 2019- Back to Windsor Hills/Portofino Bay
OCT 2021- Emerald Island/3 night Disney Cruise

Edited at 09:25 PM.
Miss AliJS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 18, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
#3
Procrastinator
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Dec 10

Procrastinator's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Miss AliJS View Post
You will still have the free parking for your first day (20th) as you can check in online and the parking is automatically on your magic band (or your park ticket before you get magic band).
To access the campsite booking you need to go to the US site- go to top of page and change from UK English to America English. One of the positives about the US site is that you can cancel at any time with no fee.
We did this last year and are doing it again this year, no problems. You can still link magic bands when you get them with no change to Fps etc
Awesome. Thank you! Have found the site now. So I can check in online. I appreciate this is a bit of a waste, but if we end up deciding it is not worth the detour, can we actually never even bother going to the campsite? Just buy some magic bands, still get the free parking and the 60 days and that won't cause any FP issues with us not turning up?
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 18, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
#4
Miss AliJS
VIP Dibber
 
Miss AliJS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 14
Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post
Awesome. Thank you! Have found the site now. So I can check in online. I appreciate this is a bit of a waste, but if we end up deciding it is not worth the detour, can we actually never even bother going to the campsite? Just buy some magic bands, still get the free parking and the 60 days and that won't cause any FP issues with us not turning up?
Yes, that is right. Last year we did exactly that as we already had magic bands from the year before.The free parking is for 2 cars too if anyone else in your party has a car.
__________________
OCT 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 -Windsor Hills
OCT 2015, 2016, 2017- Sunset Lakes/HRH
APRIL 2018- Cabana Bay
OCT 2018- Emerald Island/HRH
APRIL 2019- Cabana Bay
OCT 2019- Back to Windsor Hills/Portofino Bay
OCT 2021- Emerald Island/3 night Disney Cruise
Miss AliJS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 18, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
#5
suehen
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Apr 10
You can also check if that day there are any EMH in the morning you can us the morning one as well as the evening ones, you can also checkin at reception from 6.30 am in the morning if you want to go and pick up your magic bands and then you can use the free parking.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 18, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
#6
Paddcomp
Imagineer
 
Paddcomp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 11
Mobile

We're in the same boat, I've booked our second night in ASM to get 60 day FPs and MBs.
Our first day is EMH at AK which is our best chance of getting on FOP, so need to be there early. Also need to check in to the hotel to get our MBs, but from reading the above it sounds like we don't need them to get free parking. We have plastic cards and registered on MDE and done online check in.
Appreciate we'll be up early on the first moring so could check in at 7am and get to AK, which is close by. Good to know there's other options.

FYI the cheapest option for us was an All Stars hotel.
__________________
Paddcomp
Easter 2012 - Oak Island cove Dibb Villa
Easter 2013 - Oak Island cove Dibb Villa
Easter 2014 - Oak Island cove Dibb Villa
Easter 2018 - Lindfields Dibb Villa
Paddcomp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 18, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
#7
Eccle
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Nov 10
We are going to check in online and I have got my magic bands shipped to a US address by using a personal shopper service, it's only $15 and she is also delivering us some groceries and other packages I have ordered to be delivered to her. So we won't need to go there at all which will hopefully save us some running around.
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 18, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
#8
pegasus928
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian
 
Join Date: Jul 09
Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
We are going to check in online and I have got my magic bands shipped to a US address by using a personal shopper service, it's only $15 and she is also delivering us some groceries and other packages I have ordered to be delivered to her. So we won't need to go there at all which will hopefully save us some running around.
Could I ask which personal shopper service you have used please?
pegasus928 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 18, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
#9
Procrastinator
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Dec 10

Procrastinator's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thanks all, much appreciated! Just booked the campsite. $60. Bargain!

How did you find a personal shopper? Sounds like it might be useful for the magic bands and other items?

Might go down that route as we will have a 4 and 5 yr old with us and i just want to keep the hassle and stress to a minimum.

Also just noticed it is emh at ak on our first day. When we will have access... might end up with FOP being our first ride...
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 18, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
#10
Pinkpoochie
Excited about Disney
 
Join Date: Aug 15
Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post
Thanks all, much appreciated! Just booked the campsite. $60. Bargain!

Am I understanding this correct, you have booked a night at the Disney campsite, you won't use it, but you will be able to book FP at 60 days out?
__________________
Kissimmee Villa - Sept 1997
Windsor Hills Townhouse - Feb 2016
Storey Lakes Resort - May 2018
Pinkpoochie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Disney Shopping
On 18th October 9:02am
Disney has reduced the price of its large soft toys by up to 50%. Bargains... Read More »
Posted in Disney Offers
On 13th October 10:56am
Disney has released details of their UK & Ireland Early Booker promotion for Spring and... Read More »
Posted in The London Resort
On 12th October 3:40pm
The London Resort, one of the most ambitious projects in Europe, today released some of... Read More »

theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2683
CaxtonFX  $1.2645
Covent Garden FX  $1.2844
FAIRFX  $1.2635
John Lewis  $1.2702
M&S  $1.2489
Post Office  $1.2487
Sainsburys  $1.2655
TESCO  $1.2679
Travelex  $1.2629
Updated: 15:00 20/10/2020
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.0773
CaxtonFX  €1.0699
Covent Garden FX  €1.0852
FAIRFX  €1.0790
John Lewis  €1.0831
M&S  €1.0608
Post Office  €1.0600
Sainsburys  €1.0753
TESCO  €1.0770
Travelex  €1.0658
Updated: 15:00 20/10/2020

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now