Notices

Old 15 Jul 18, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We were there in May. Fantastic trip, saw bears by the road. Brilliant scenery. The icefield tip is a highlight
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Gunna
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks everyone - just finished a couple of nights in Calgary which we’ve enjoyed.

Stampede was amazing, just unfortunate we could only do on the day we flew in with it being the last day but wouldn’t of missed it. Jet lag and a 24 hour day meant we left earlier than expected but what we saw and did was brilliant.

Chilled a bit yesterday and explored the city. Off to Olympic Park and the Rockies today, been great so far and the weather is scorching!
Gunna is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
Thanks everyone - just finished a couple of nights in Calgary which we’ve enjoyed.

Stampede was amazing, just unfortunate we could only do on the day we flew in with it being the last day but wouldn’t of missed it. Jet lag and a 24 hour day meant we left earlier than expected but what we saw and did was brilliant.

Chilled a bit yesterday and explored the city. Off to Olympic Park and the Rockies today, been great so far and the weather is scorching!
Well done you on surviving that travel day and managing to stay up for the Stampede. Glad you’re having a great time.

Hopefully that warm weather stays - I’m currently having a packing trauma, trying to pack for all eventualities! Wondering just how few ‘warmer’ clothes in case of colder weather I can get away with. Only have a hoodie, cardigan and pair of jeans so far. If you get the chance before the weekend, let me know if I might need more.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Gunna
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
Well done you on surviving that travel day and managing to stay up for the Stampede. Glad you’re having a great time.

Hopefully that warm weather stays - I’m currently having a packing trauma, trying to pack for all eventualities! Wondering just how few ‘warmer’ clothes in case of colder weather I can get away with. Only have a hoodie, cardigan and pair of jeans so far. If you get the chance before the weekend, let me know if I might need more.
The weather has been amazing, up at 30 degrees some days, still scheduled to be warm but they have forecast thunder today ( only briefly and late on) . I packed one hoodie, a light waterproof/walking jacket and then only 2 shorts (should of done more) and then two jeans but some longer trousers which Iooking back would of preferred more shorts - just means Kirsty is washing now😳.

We stopped at the Olympic Park in Calgary (winsport) did the zipline from the ski jump which was awesome and a downhill luge which was good fun, would recommend if you’re an adrenaline junkie. The stampede was great but we missed Eddie the Eagle as he came out at the last night grandstand show - bit gutted but I just had to do my best impression on the zipline.

In Banff National Park now and words can’t describe how stunning this place is - a local lady we spoke to showed us some pictures she’d taken, which where great, and said it somewhere you have to see with your own eyes it’s so beautiful, she’s right. You are going to love it.

Neil

Life's not meant to be lived in one place

The One Stop Trip Spot - all my trip reports all in one place
Gunna is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
It all sounds so amazing. I can’t wait to see it for myself

I’ve definitely got plenty of shorts and cropped trousers in the packing pile, as don’t want to be washing very much - poor Kirsty! At least I know I won’t need more clothes suitable for cold weather, so thanks for the update.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 18, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
MsMinervaMouse
Excited about Disney

Following along really looking forward to the full report!
MsMinervaMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 18, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Making notes from here as we are off to Banff in 16 days, so excited! Have a good rest of your hols
Old 23 Jul 18, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Gunna
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by parisdisneyfan View Post
Making notes from here as we are off to Banff in 16 days, so excited! Have a good rest of your hols
You are going to have the best time, we have just loved it.

Most breathtaking scenery, so much to see and do. It’s been amazing, one of the best places I’ve been too.

If you’re heading to Moraine Lake and driving go early (or later) the car park was full at 6:45am when we went - we did Lake Louise first and had it almost too ourselves, hiked up to Lake Agnes before the crowds descended then went back to Moraine Lake ( just stunning ) they had started to let people back down the road again then - it was about 1pm but if the car park is full they block the access road. Lake Louise car park was full early too but both are definitely worth the extra early get up.

Have fun, it is one of the most amazing places.

Neil

Life's not meant to be lived in one place

The One Stop Trip Spot - all my trip reports all in one place
Old 5 Aug 18, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Gunna
Apprentice Imagineer

Just a quick update - back now (unfortunately) and travelling home.

The whole trip has been amazing, really has been one of our best holidays. Hard to pick favourites and hilights as each place was different and brilliant in its own way.

The Rockies where just breathtaking, photos don’t and cannot do it justice and I feel lucky to have seen it with my own eyes and witnessed how stunning they are.

Vancouver a great city, we chilled for a few days before coming home and enjoyed it’s laid back feel. Victoria a beautiful place, whale watching a definite highlight and having the chance to see an orca pod in the wild a privilege.

Whistler we loved. Getting up in the mountains and walking, taking in the views as well as rafting on the river. Just a great place and we could of spent longer here, as we could most places.

Calgary Stampede, we were sorry that jet lag stopped us staying the distance as we landed in Canada on its final night but felt we needed to go with the opportunity being there. It was amazing and so glad we went even if just for a few hours.

I love Canada, this trip has confirmed and reminded me why this place is so great. I’d happily up sticks and move there in a shot but for now I’ll be writing the blog, sharing what we’ve been up to and hopefully for anyone planning or thinking of going share a bit of why this place should be on everyone’s bucket list.

Edited at 03:00 PM.
Old 5 Aug 18, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
Just a quick update - back now (unfortunately) and travelling home.

The whole trip has been amazing, really has been one of our best holidays. Hard to pick favourites and hilights as each place was different and brilliant in its own way.

The Rockies where just breathtaking, photos don’t and cannot do it justice and I feel lucky to have seen it with my own eyes and witnessed how stunning they are.

Vancouver a great city, we chilled for a few days before coming home and enjoyed it’s laid back feel. Victoria a beautiful place, whale watching a definite highlight and having the chance to see an orca pod in the wild a privilege.

Whistler we loved. Getting up in the mountains and walking, taking in the views as well as rafting on the river. Just a great place and we could of spent longer here, as we could most places.

Calgary Stampede, we were sorry that jet lag stopped us staying the distance as we landed in Canada on its final night but felt we needed to go with the opportunity being there. It was amazing and so glad we went even if just for a few hours.

I love Canada, this trip has confirmed and reminded me why this place is so great. I’d happily up sticks and move there in a shot but for now I’ll be writing the blog, sharing what we’ve been up to and hopefully for anyone planning or thinking of going share a bit of why this place should be on everyone’s bucket list.
We’ve just started the process of planning for next year. So any recommendations for hotels would be gratefully received.
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List