Notices
Photo, Video & Vlogs
Help with photos on MacBook

26 May 20, 09:47 AM
    Campinggirl
    Very Serious Dibber
    Campinggirl is offline Girl Mouse Add Member to Ignore List
  • Hi I'm a first time MacBook user.

I've got photos saved in an album on the Photos app but I can't for the life of me work out how to export them onto facebook.

Can anyone give me any help as I'm doing my own head in!

Many thanks
    Our Florida Holiday
    26 May 20, 10:12 AM
    Butterbeer
    Trying for More Ears
    Butterbeer is offline Girl Mouse Add Member to Ignore List
  • Iíve had a Mac for years but have only just started using Photos a couple of weeks ago and havenít uploaded to Facebook from it yet. However, I just had a super quick experiment and if you open Facebook in Safari (or whatever browser you use) you can click on the photo in Photos and drag the photo down to Safari/whatever browser icon, then to the open Facebook window and drop it in the Create Post bit. I feel like there will probably be other ways but thatís all Iíve worked out so far! Iíll keep experiments as Iíll need to know this soon too!
    POFQ September 2020 :)
    26 May 20, 10:33 AM
    Campinggirl
    Very Serious Dibber
    Campinggirl is offline Girl Mouse Add Member to Ignore List Thread Starter
  • thank you butterbeer, that does work but does anyone know a quicker method to transport and why does it say (lower image quality)?
    Our Florida Holiday
    26 May 20, 10:45 AM
    Butterbeer
    Trying for More Ears
    Butterbeer is offline Girl Mouse Add Member to Ignore List
  • The other option Iíve found is when you create a post on Facebook and click on Photo/Video, it will open up the Finder window, and at the bottom of the left hand bar (with the folders, tags etc), it says Media, with Photos and Movies under it. If you click on Photos, it will show all you pictures like it does in the Photos app, so you can select an album, place, moment etc.

From a little google, that seems to be the only other way of doing it
    POFQ September 2020 :)
    26 May 20, 01:38 PM
    Campinggirl
    Very Serious Dibber
    Campinggirl is offline Girl Mouse Add Member to Ignore List Thread Starter
  • Quote Butterbeer
    The other option Iíve found is when you create a post on Facebook and click on Photo/Video, it will open up the Finder window, and at the bottom of the left hand bar (with the folders, tags etc), it says Media, with Photos and Movies under it. If you click on Photos, it will show all you pictures like it does in the Photos app, so you can select an album, place, moment etc.

From a little google, that seems to be the only other way of doing it
    Thanks for your help
    Our Florida Holiday
DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now