Notices

Old 6 Nov 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for sharing. I didn't comment on each individual day but it was a really interesting read.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
A lovely last day and a smooth journey home. Glad you got a spare seat next to you and managed to get a good amount of sleep. Is O coming home at Christmas or staying out there?

Thanks for another great trip report Mel. Have you got any plans for future trips?
Jo - he is home for a month at Christmas
No plans yet - we will go skiing between Christmas and New Year but that is local.
I fancy Canada (Quebec) again next year but we need to discuss!

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
I don't normally read trip reports as I would never get anything done ! But I have read yours with interest as we are off to Hong Kong in 3 weeks only for a day as a stop off to NZ and the same coming home.
We have been before and spent 4 days there so was looking for different things to do.
Of all your places we have only done the tram, the big Buddha and Disney so you have given us lots of ideas .
You certainly packed it all in , and we'll done to you for doing most of it on your own. A great report and great photos .
Have a great trip. The discoverhongkong/ca/index.jsp website is really useful.

Thanks for reading along

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A great last day and a good journey home

Joan
Thanks Joan for coming along!

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
That’s a nice day at the gardens . Glad the flights back were ok and no hitches. What a fab trip it’s been. Really enjoyed following along !
Thanks Amanda. Itvwas great to see my boy

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Lovely last day, the gardens look beautiful. I know what you mean about hanging around on the last day, it does seem as if you are just waiting to go home. I’m sure saying bye to O was difficult, I know I find it hard dropping Georgia back to university and she isn’t even 50 miles away. It must have been wonderful to see him and to see how happy he is there. Christmas holidays won’t be long now too 😀

Seems as if you had a good journey home, and managed to get a reasonable sleep too. We really do like the same films, Notting Hill is another favourite of mine 😀
I did think of you and wonder when I chose the film
I know O is happy so that helps!

Originally Posted by Geordieprincess View Post
Thanks for sharing, I’ve enjoyed reading along.
I’m hoping to go to HK Easter 2021, hope the protests die down before we would need to book flights next spring or hubby will be reluctant to commit.
Also want to make sure Disney castle is finished by then as we are unlikely to go back.
While the protests are very real, and we could see the damage in the metro stations, they didn’t impact on our stay.
I don’t know when the castle will be finished! It is a bit ugly at the moment!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
So sad it’s the end of your trip, I’m sure it was wonderful to see O but very sad to say bye. I’m pleased he got his final pizza fix and a few other treats. Your travel home seemed to go smoothly. Thanks again for writing up your adventures, I really enjoy following all of your trip reports.
Thank you Sad to be apart from my boy but he will soon be home for Christmas!

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Have really enjoyed reading along; thank you for sharing your trip!
Thanks - it was a very special trip.

Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
Thanks for sharing. I didn't comment on each individual day but it was a really interesting read.
Thanks! I know I do like to do different things from the norm! Lots more things still to explore there!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

Loved your trip report. My son is hoping to go and teach in China next year, once he finishes Uni, so your report gave me lots of ideas and has got me excited for this. Thanks for sharing 👍.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
So glad you had a chance to get another pizza in. I've really enjoyed reading your trip report, it's been great to read about Hong Kong and so lovely for you to get some time with your son. It must have been hard to say goodbye. But he certainly seems to be making the most of this opportunity and so I'm sure it's worth it.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

OH Mel, what a fabulous time you have had. The views and temples are all amazing and you travel days seem to have gone reasonably smoothly. As always, thank you for sharing you trip, always different and always interesting. Can't wait for the next one.