Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Dec 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyphile
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I was 20 and so up for a big night out. We paid a small fortune to get a ticket into a club. Started drinking at 4pm so was absolutely hammered before we even got in the club. Midnight was a massive anticlimax as we all just wanted to go home by then and only stayed out because we had paid so much to get in.
I’ve not bothered with New Years ever since.
Disneyphile is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I had just turned 17 and with a big group of friends we decided to go up to London to a friend of a friend of a friends’ party, loaded with bottles of 2020 and Strongbow. Turned out it was in a wreck of a warehouse right by I think London Bridge. It was full of people off their heads on god knows what so we made a hasty retreat out of there! We ended up going to my Italian friends house in Richmond who’s parents were hosting a huge family party, it looked like something out of the Sopranos 😂. It was also the first night I tried Lasagne!
It’s funny as my daughter is now the exact same age but she is far more sensible than I was back then so is coming with us to a friends house where she’ll stick to drinking Diet Coke.

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
Rep lit pic 99 pic 9(4). The solution to many problems back then.😀 I worked for a credit reference agency back then and we started working on the millennium fix in January 94.
Good planning ! I wonder if that would have been infolink?
Old 31 Dec 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

We had a party at my sister and BILs just round the corner from our current house (which wasn't our current house til 2007). I made a millenium dome pudding - pavlova, caramel, chocolate and chocolate fingers sticking out of it.

How life has changed:
Got a 2:1 degree
First home
Engaged
New Job
Married
1st DD
2nd Hone
2nd DD
Cancer 0: Me 1
7 close family members died
1 best friend with sever brain injury
2 magical trips to WDW
Amazing family and friends

I wonder what the next 20 years will hold
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I was working in the operating theatre. We all waited for systems failure at the stroke of midnight.

Nothing, usual stuff, A gets drunk punched B, B has featured mandible, A has fractured hand. Mr A drives home drunk, hits teenager, friend of my daughter whom I didn’t recognise, until read his name on notes. Got home from an on call starting at 8am Friday morning ending at 6am the following morning having sorted through the drunken idiots. Back on shift at Midday after a few hours sleep.

Hated working New Year’s Eve mainly because of the drunks

Edited at 01:22 PM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

I remember the stories about everything stopping at midnight because systems wouldn't be able to cope! I think I didn't stay up until midnight as my eldest was 3 months old and really poorly with bronchiolitis!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I was 19 and I went to central London with my older sister and best friend, and 2 of mine, armed with bottles of champagne and Union Jack hats and had a brilliant night full of laugher with complete strangers, the police and you didn’t need tickets, we stood in Parliament Sq watching them, it was brilliant. Got the tube home which took forever because of the crowds, think I got home at 9am 😂 Best new year ever, followed closely by spending it in Reno in 2003. Now by 9am I’m in my jammies with a cuppa watching a film with the kids while my hubby is working up town - he’s a policeman so will be up there tonight!

Wishing you all a wonderful happy & healthy New Year ❤️

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Gaz Lear
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 6
Mobile

Yep. Spent a fortune on tickets for Gatecrasher in Sheffield biggest clubbing event of the decade and I came down with tonsillitis. Gutted. All my mates went though ...
Old 31 Dec 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
Good planning ! I wonder if that would have been infolink?
And your bonus for 20? Spot on the money. Were you there too?

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

We went to bed early as my husband had to work the next day, sorting problems caused by the millennium bug.

What he actually did was chat to his colleagues all day and earn enough to pay for our Florida trip. A great New Year's Day. 😁✈🌞
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List