Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Jan 20, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzymcfarlane
Apprentice Imagineer

We are in process of planning a trip to Australia for next feb. It’s awful what’s going on there just now but this thread has given us lots of ideas.
dizzymcfarlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
We always used the cancer council brand.

priceline.au/cancer-...-spf-50-200-ml
That’s the one 👍🏼
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

I really hope your travel agent will be proactive and get this sorted out for you soon.

We were in Australia in November 2018 and whilst we did a lot over the month we actually started in Sydney.

You have been given some terrific advice and fabulous ideas from Sparksy72.

I would just like to offer another idea if you are in Sydney to fly to Uluru, it is stunning, spend a couple of days there and then fly to Cairns but stay in Port Douglas. You can do the Great Barrier Reef and also Daintree Rainforest. From Cairns you can fly to Hamilton Island and visit Whitsunday Island before flying back to Sydney.

Hopefully you TA will be happy to get things sorted for you.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
Wow thankyou Sparksy72, that sounds exactly what we wanted. At least now I can be armed with ideas when/if we can make changes. I'm really hoping the ta will sort out an alternative itinerary for us as they booked all our hotels for the route we had planned.
I love the idea of visiting Australia Zoo as we are desperate to see some indigenous species whilst we are there.
Australia Zoo is really well done and you could spend most of the day there as they have a huge variety of Australian Animals.

If you do get to the Sunshine Coast, The Boatshed Restaurant at Cotton Tree is brilliant and the Spirit house Restaurant at Yandina is spectacular.

All our family still live on the coast, so if you need anything please just message me. I have everything crossed for a smooth trip for you. Michelle xx
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

I have seen the devastation on the news but I must admit I’m not entirely sure where’s completely unaffected.
If you could get to Brisbane and that area is ok, you could go to Cape Tribulation or the Whitsunday Islands which are absolutely beautiful

Edited at 07:43 PM.
Vanillapod is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I've a friend who lives in Armidale in New South Wales, about half way between Sydney and Brisbane. The nearest fire is about 20km away from them and she said they can't open windows as the smoke is so bad. She also said the water restrictions are causing issues and native animals are venturing into towns to look for water.

It's just so awful.
Old 4 Jan 20, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
We aren't just planning it... its all booked and paid for... we go on 31st Jan. I don't want to cancel unless we really have no choice as its very difficult for any of us to reschedule holiday times at work.
I think a good option may be to stay longer on the west coast, however I need to wait until anzcro get back to us with details of what they can offer. We have our return flights booked from Sydney so it would depend if they could change those and our internal flight? Or as others have said perhaps go to uluru or cairns?
I am open to options but it depends if anzcro are willing to do them. My insurance states that the ta should be paying for changes as we are aware of issues before we go, which I agree with. I will wait until next week and see what anzcro say. Thankyou everyone for recommendations, I really appreciate all your advice as we have never been to Australia before. You really are a fab bunch of people 😍
I suppose so as you already booked it up & paid it and I hope fire go down by 4 weeks time and I love Australia as I have been there 3 times. it is awesome and I am worrying about my family and friends who lives in Australia NSW but they all are fine and safe.

Have a lovely times in Australia
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
BribaneLG
Looking for my Ears

Whilst I understand the agent needing to wait and see what happens in the coming days/weeks, a lot of the areas between Melbourne and Sydney will probably be unable to cope with tourists. They will need to rebuild, there will possibly still be water shortages, your accommodations may be required for evacuees. I do get annoyed with the agents and totally understand why you don’t want to spend your long planned holiday in that area. I really feel for you. I would be on the phone next week asking them to seriously consider the above. We have lived in Sydney and in Brisbane and I totally agree with the suggestion of the Sunshine Coast. Fly from Perth to Brisbane, road trip to Sunshine Coast and maybe Harvey Bay/Fraser Island, you won’t be disappointed it beautiful part of Australia. Fly back from either Sunshine Coast or Brisbane. Good luck and my heart goes out to all Australians at the moment.
BribaneLG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Spoke to our son in Auckland today and he said the glaciers on the South Island are no longer 'white' but have turned brown with the ash from the fires in Australia. Think it is easy to forget just how far reaching the effects of this type of disaster can be.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by BribaneLG View Post
Whilst I understand the agent needing to wait and see what happens in the coming days/weeks, a lot of the areas between Melbourne and Sydney will probably be unable to cope with tourists. They will need to rebuild, there will possibly still be water shortages, your accommodations may be required for evacuees. I do get annoyed with the agents and totally understand why you don’t want to spend your long planned holiday in that area. I really feel for you. I would be on the phone next week asking them to seriously consider the above. We have lived in Sydney and in Brisbane and I totally agree with the suggestion of the Sunshine Coast. Fly from Perth to Brisbane, road trip to Sunshine Coast and maybe Harvey Bay/Fraser Island, you won’t be disappointed it beautiful part of Australia. Fly back from either Sunshine Coast or Brisbane. Good luck and my heart goes out to all Australians at the moment.
Thankyou Bribane LG, I'm giving them until Tuesday, which is when they said they will have made a decision by. I have already said this to them, as well as we really don't want to be driving through areas decimated by fire as it would be so sad and depressing. I am going to push for itinery to be relocated to sunshine coast, I've been researching and definately looks the best option. Anzcro also already have a self drive trip there in there brochure so shouldn't be too difficult for them to sort out.
Thankyou everyone for your help and advice, I'm so touched by all your kind words and especially Sparksy72 offer of help and advice. It's great to get accurate up to date info from people with family in Australia, but it must be so scary for you all worrying about them.
I will update as soon as I have any more news. X
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List