Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 2 Feb 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
The 2 Minnies
slightly serious Dibber

TUI Cruises

Thinking of having a change from Florida this summer and we’re looking at doing a 7 day taster cruise around the Med (never cruised before).

We would like to cruise around Croatia (Split/Hvar etc) in particular, as DH was there with the Army during the conflict and were wondering what the TUI cruises are like as they cover this area.

We can also then have a few days in a hotel at the end
The 2 Minnies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

We did a Tui (Marella) cruise last month and loved it. It was our first ever cruise we did 2 weeks in the Caribbean on Marella Celebration. We’d been dithering over cruises for the last few years and couldn’t decide if it was for us or not and decided to take the plunge. We’re not overly sociable people and don’t like to dress up too much and found Tui suited us. There was only one formal dinner each week and on those nights we ate in the buffet and we weren’t the only ones there! We ate in the waiter service restaurant a couple of times and could get a table for 2 on each occasion. We also ate in the ‘additional cost’ restaurants a few times and all of the food was good. The entertainment was of a very high standard and we went most nights, whereas we wouldn’t normally do this if staying at a hotel. We liked the all inclusive concept and paid to upgrade our drinks but we probably didn’t make best use of this as there was so much on the standard drinks list. The ship was old, but kept very clean and the crew were fabulous. I know Marella isn’t for everyone, but we loved it and wouldn’t hesitate to book with them again.
Old 2 Feb 20, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Hoping lots of people reply to this as we’re looking at a TUI cruise in Med for June/July 2021. Adriatic Splendour is our fav at the moment as we want to return (after 30 years!) to Dubrovnik & Kotor. It will be our first cruise
Would love to hear from any Dibbers who’ve done that one
Old 2 Feb 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
There are a few companies who cruises include croatia etc.

Last year we did Celebrity and went from Barcelona and amongst other places we stopped at Kotor, Dubrovinc and Zadar.

Ive just checked and P&O do cruises from Malta - Zadar, Split, and Kotor are included but not Dubrovnic.

We had a really great time - we managed to get on a private tour arranged through Cruise Critic and went from Dubrovnik to various places and then finishing at Mostar. (we stayed overnight in Dubrovnik so had time to get back late).

The guide in Mostar was a very young teen during the war and had been deeply affected by it - it was a really fascinating afternoon.

We have been on 4 cruises and picked them for the itinerary rather than the specific cruise line - you can have good and bad experiences whoever you cruise with. I think the only ones id avoid are MSC and Costa as they are more like ferries around the med than the same passengers for 2 weeks like you get with MArella or P&O.

xxx
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

A work colleage cruised with Marella (then Tui) and said everything was great. She said food was fantastic. I would consider them but only their newer ships (Discovery and Explorer etc) as the older ones are too small and dated got me personally.
SquishTheWhale is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We did our first cruise last year on Marella Explorer 2. We loved it! The food, drink and service were excellent. I liked that the package was all inclusive so you don’t have to think about the cost of drinks or tip.

There are much fancier cruise companies but Marella suited us just fine. It was nice to get dressed up in the evening but the actual dress code was quite relaxed.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

We have cruised on Marella Dream twice (2018 and 2019) and would go again in a heartbeat. Having only done P&O before to compare it to I would say it is less formal but certainly not in a "holiday camp at sea" kind of way. The service is still top notch, the food is wonderful and plentiful and the entertainment is often voted best at sea. The all inclusive helped as we didn't need to worry about extortionate bar prices or tips.

I love traditional style cruise ships that have a proper, all the way around, prom deck and somewhere at the aft of the ship to sit and watch the sea go by. The Dream was perfect for this. Sadly her time is limited as Tui are favouring the new style ships.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Great replies folks, thanks for taking the time to share your experiences x
Old 2 Feb 20, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
The 2 Minnies
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks guys, put me at ease but will also look at the others that sail around that area. Just need to go in June sometime but not tied to particular dates. I have a 6 week sabbatical from work, due to making it to 25 years with them and want to do something I have never done before.
The 2 Minnies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Not been on one myself but have a friend who thinks they are fantastic.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List