Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 3 Feb 20, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
maxi0479
slightly serious Dibber

My DS is a huge fan of Roller Coasters so was very keen to try this one. He came off green vowing never to ride the death roller coaster again for as long as he lives.
My DH on the other hand loved the ride and found the whole thing with my son hilarious.
We are returning again this year (5 years later) and my DS will still not discuss it or even contemplate going back on it.
I on the other hand sat in the shade with my DD eating popcorn :-)

2015 Coronado Spring & HRH, 2017 Port Orleans Riverside & Villa, 2020 Cancelled due to COVID, 2021 Villa & Universal Loews Royal Pacific
maxi0479 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

That's the only rollercoaster that banged my head from side to side so hard that it was super painful. I never experienced that on any other coaster
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

I went on it a long time ago and didnt like it too much, no particular reason, it was just a bit meh. My dd13 went on it in nov and it was the only one she said she wouldnt go back on again, she didnt like it at all, particularly the climb at the start!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by maxi0479 View Post
My DS is a huge fan of Roller Coasters so was very keen to try this one. He came off green vowing never to ride the death roller coaster again for as long as he lives.
My DH on the other hand loved the ride and found the whole thing with my son hilarious.
We are returning again this year (5 years later) and my DS will still not discuss it or even contemplate going back on it.
I on the other hand sat in the shade with my DD eating popcorn :-)
Think I might be doing the same. Getting the popcorn sounds like a great idea!😀
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
robotango
Proud to wear my Ears

Been on the ride loads of times over the years and it has got rougher, but in all honesty it’s nothing to bother about, I have found that if you get the choice, go for a front row, the back does seem to throw you about a bit. Pick a decent song, sit back and enjoy... 🎢

Edited at 11:49 PM.
robotango is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by robotango View Post
Been on the ride loads of times over the years and it has got rougher, but in all honesty it’s nothing to bother about, I have found that if you get the choice, go for a front row, the back does seem to throw you about a bit. Pick a decent song, sit back and enjoy... 🎢
This was actually something I was thinking about. Is it better to be at the front or back? So smoother at the front?
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
robotango
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
This was actually something I was thinking about. Is it better to be at the front or back? So smoother at the front?
That’s how I’ve found it yes, towards the end of the ride especially, it does get a bit rough and ‘jolty’, it does seem slightly smoothly on the front and you don’t feel the jolts as bad
robotango is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Alan Carr loves it

tv GOLD

novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Ashleylvsgoofy
VIP Dibber

Me and my husband love roller coasters - the bigger the better in our opinion!

However hubby does not like coaster that do not have over the shoulder restraints - he does go on Rip Ride Rocket but he doesn't enjoy it (it can be quite rough also! )
Old 4 Feb 20, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

Me and my 13 yr old daughter went on it a couple of months ago and whilst you do get thrown around it is fun, I don't like heights unless I'm moving and didn't mind the climb up (preferred it to manta when you are looking at the floor), it doesn't go upside down as it spins you when you think you are going to, best thing is that you can pick your song to listen to, I had "I will survive" that I was singing along to, that embarrassed my daughter quite a lot!