Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Dec 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Do you dream?

DH and I were having a conversation about dreams today. He very rarely dreams, or at least doesn’t remember doing so when he wakes up. He says he only dreams when he doesn’t sleep very well. Whereas I have several dreams per night and I’d find it really odd if I didn’t dream anything.

We were discussing it because we were talking about the woman in the news recently who died for 6 hours and I was wondering if she just felt like no time had passed, whereas when I sleep I feel like time had passed. I was also wondering what happened when someone was knocked unconscious, would they still be dreaming or have nothing?

Edited at 10:16 PM.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
BlueMacaw
Trading Disney Pins

Yeah I dream all the time, as you say, sometimes a few dreams per night.

Even when I have woken up around 5/6am and then gone back to sleep I’ll still usually have a dream, although it is usually more of a semi conscious one.

Most of my dreams are quite vivid and a lot of them seem to feature things that trouble me, like my dad and my half sister or work for example.

A couple of weeks ago my partner woke me up as he was leaving for work (I’m a light sleeper), I fell back into a sort of sleep, but had the weirdest experience, I felt like I was awake and I heard footsteps coming into the bedroom (I was alone in the house), the footsteps came around the left side of the bed, I felt the bed dip as though someone lent on it and I felt a hand on my shoulder, I tried to scream and no noise came out and then I came around, very odd but it was clearly some sort of semi conscious dream!

Edited at 10:28 PM.
BlueMacaw is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I dream alot, and I am often confused how my dreams work there way into a story. Sometimes they are about people I haven't seen for years or even thought about.

I did have a dream that I got a call out to a job and Jennifer Lawrence opened the door, and when I went inside her house she said she was cold and I was cuddling her to help keep her warm, and then I had a strange sensation, which wasn't me and Jennifer taking it to the next stage, but my cocker spaniel waking me up licking my nose. I will never know how much further my dream would have gone had my dog not woken me up😩
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BlueMacaw View Post
Yeah I dream all the time, as you say, sometimes a few dreams per night.

Even when I have woken up around 5/6am and then gone back to sleep I’ll still usually have a dream, although it is usually more of a semi conscious one.

Most of my dreams are quite vivid and a lot of them seem to feature things that trouble me, like my dad and my half sister or work for example.

A couple of weeks ago my partner woke me up as he was leaving for work (I’m a light sleeper), I fell back into a sort of sleep, but had the weirdest experience, I felt like I was awake and I heard footsteps coming into the bedroom (I was alone in the house), the footsteps came around the left side of the bed, I felt the bed dip as though someone lent on it and I felt a hand on my shoulder, I tried to scream and no noise came out and then I came around, very odd but it was clearly some sort of semi conscious dream!
This for me is the same.

If I am worrying or panicking about something it will always manifest in my dreams and sometimes it’s awful and scary.

There are times I don’t know what is real.
Hubby was on nights other week and I always sleep with a blanket on top of me then my duvet. Well I woke up for the toilet and my blanket was gone. Searched the floors and the bed etc in the semi dark room, no blanket. It’s fleece so hard mistake for the duvet.
Could not find it. Queue me then panicking bursting into the kids bedrooms to make sure they were still there as I thought someone had broke into the house and stole my blanket and my children while I was sleeping.

Both kids were fine. My blanket was somehow in between two sections of my duvet all twisted up that I would have never found if I hadn’t turned the light on.
Scared the pants off me.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I do
My mum died recently and she is in my dreams every night , sad but nice at the same time

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
BlueMacaw
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
This for me is the same.

If I am worrying or panicking about something it will always manifest in my dreams and sometimes it’s awful and scary.

There are times I don’t know what is real.
Hubby was on nights other week and I always sleep with a blanket on top of me then my duvet. Well I woke up for the toilet and my blanket was gone. Searched the floors and the bed etc in the semi dark room, no blanket. It’s fleece so hard mistake for the duvet.
Could not find it. Queue me then panicking bursting into the kids bedrooms to make sure they were still there as I thought someone had broke into the house and stole my blanket and my children while I was sleeping.

Both kids were fine. My blanket was somehow in between two sections of my duvet all twisted up that I would have never found if I hadn’t turned the light on.
Scared the pants off me.
It’s so strange isn’t it, I wake up from a lot of my dreams feeling strange and unsettled because they are often frightening or they bring up feelings and thoughts that I have suppressed.

That would terrify me too, it’s so strange how our brains function when we aren’t fully conscious. I try and not go back to sleep now in the mornings when my partner has left because I’ll usually have some unsettling semi conscious dream which isn’t pleasant when I’m alone.
BlueMacaw is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DizzyDisneyMum
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by BlueMacaw View Post
I have these quite a lot, as you say, normally after I have woken up and gone back to sleep in the morning. They always involve a huge sense of fear or dread!
There is a name for this type of dream, but I can't remember what it is at the moment.
DizzyDisneyMum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

I dream almost every night. I fell asleep on the sofa this afternoon and dreamt then too.

I often dream that I’m asleep too and I always wake up feeling so refreshed, like I’ve had double the sleep.
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyphile
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DizzyDisneyMum View Post
I have these quite a lot, as you say, normally after I have woken up and gone back to sleep in the morning. They always involve a huge sense of fear or dread!
There is a name for this type of dream, but I can't remember what it is at the moment.
It’s called sleep paralysis. I had it quite a few times when my kids were babies. It’s so scary.
Disneyphile is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

I dream every night, often about mum and sister occasionally about my dad (all sadly deceased)... those dreams are quite nice and I feel close to them again...
More irritating are the dreams where I need the loo, usually enough to wake me up (probably for the best)...
I had 3 occasions when I blacked out, I felt really weird couldn’t shout out and then nothing at all, DH says my eyes were open but I just wasn’t there... found out later that I’d had pulmonary embolisms... I think death must just be like falling asleep, maybe dreaming then just a peaceful nothing...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List