Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Jan 20, 02:37 AM  
Link to this Post
allymc316
Getting Excited

Mobile Flybe possible Administration

Just read that Flybe are in crunch talks to secure funding or face administration.

news.sky/story/regional-...lapse-11907407

Hope all works out, for staff. I currently have connecting flights from BHD booked to Orlando this summer. Rumours are that Virgin, Stobart only bought them over to secure the landing slots... time will tell
allymc316 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 04:27 AM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Oh gosh, another airlines potentially gone.

Fingers crossed for the 2,000 staff.
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 06:26 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Maybe one of the parties in the take over group is getting cold feet or it's part of Virgin's plan to get all of the Flybe slots including the LHR ones on the cheap...

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

oh, I hope some sort of workaround can be found.

Living in the South West, with relatives in the Northern Isles, Flybe has been an absolute godsend of an airline. They knit the UK together at a reasonable price - which I guess is part of the problem...

I can get on a plane in Birmingham at lunchtime have one change in Scotland and be in the N Isles at teatime.

If I have to get on a train it takes 14 hours with 3 changes and then an overnight stay before a 2 hour ferry the next day.
---------------------------
For a simple hop to N Scotland
Birmingham to Inverness...
Flybe 1h 30m Non-stop from £75
KLM 6h 30m+ Connecting from £151
British Airways 9h 15m+ Connecting from £316
Loganair 4h 35m+ Connecting from £379

Train 8hr 39m Connecting £184 (on a train that allows more than 16 minutes transfer time!)

Will be a sad day if they go to the wall, travel to N Scotland will become expensive and time consuming.
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
dizzzy
Very Serious Dibber

dizzzy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Fingers crossed for all the staff that a solution is found. My daughter was/is planning on using them for the first time in April to get home from uni rather than having a 7 hour cramped train journey.
dizzzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Mobile

I hope they can keep going. For connections from South west to up north they are great.
If I could book a through ticket from Exeter to Orlando at a reasonable price I would not hesitate. Could connect to Manchester easily and Gatwick at a push.
Old 13 Jan 20, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

If it goes into administration, Virgin cannot just take the slots, it’s a separate business and those are assets which would need to be sold where possible, to pay creditors. There would be nothing to stop Virgin buying them, subject to regulatory approval.

Some of the LHR slots also come with strings attached in that they have to be used for domestic flights under current rules.

Edited at 11:15 AM.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
allymc316
Getting Excited

been looking at the flybe twitter, they started responding to customers saying that everything was business as usual.

Now all those tweets have been deleted. Seems something is being hid from the top... Dont know where it would leave me. Booked through virgin hols. Man to MCO connecting to Belfast with Flybe. All one ticket. Do I lose my Orlando flights as well if flybe go under?

Only the initial flight has a flybe flight number, everything else is VS including the return home between MAN and BHD.
allymc316 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

I don’t know but I imagine Virgin Holidays would sort alternative flights for you as you booked with them. Fingers crossed for you and anyone else affected 🤞
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Our son only booked his flights yesterday from Edinburgh to Southampton for February! It's a lifeline for us with him being so far away.

There's talk of the government stepping in as Flybe is so vital to the country. Hope they do, if it comes to it.

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List