Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Feb 20, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile Induction Hob

Those of you with induction hobs to like them?

We only have electric in our kitchen and currently have a halogen (I think) hob. It has a glass top and the pan sections go red. Maybe ceramic?
Anyway it has a large crack across the side (not the heating bits) when dh dropped something on it so needs to be replaced.

I like the idea of the surface not heating up as ds 6 wants to help out with things in the kitchen and I’m terrified of him touching the current glass surface.

I know there will be some residual heat. Most of the pans I currently have are suitable so I wouldn’t need all new pans.

Any recommendations, there doesn’t seem to be much difference in features between the cheap ones and the really expensive ones. Don’t really have a budget would just like something decent.

Thank You
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Yes I love my induction hob. It is about 4 years old now. Love how it doesn’t get hot, easy to keep clean, it does heat really quickly so may take a little while to get used to. Mine has a timer which I use all the time. I time the pan and the hob switches off at the end of cooking. Not sure about the difference in prices, mine is a Neff and I usually buy mid price range although I can’t remember what I paid.

Pans can be a problem. I find suitable woks particularly difficult to find.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

I love mine. I have a Bosch one. The main difference I found with the cheaper v more expensive ones is that the cheaper ones are just plug in so have a lower amount of electricity going to them (technical term there 😂😂 ). My research told me that this meant you could only have two rings on a higher setting at once and if you tried to add in a third then it would reduce power to the others too. We decided to go for a hard wired (aka more expensive) one so on the occasions we were cooking a big meal we didn't need to worry about the lack of power.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

We moved into a new house a couple of months ago, realised it had an induction hob and had to replace all our pans!
However we both LOVE the hob. It heats a pan of water quicker than the kettle! And it's safer because you can't turn it on unless a proper pan is on there and the whole thing doesn't get hot. One flat we had a ceramic hob and I was terrible always turning it on by accident and burning tea towels...
No idea what brand it is, think the whole kitchen came from Ikea

Edited at 10:37 AM.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Some Banana
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Have one and love it. Wouldn't go back any other type.
Some Banana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have one it’s brilliant, so easy to keep clean even after things have boiled over on them 😉 I have a Bosch one with five burners would definitely recommend
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Firstly, if buying a new hob, I wouldn't buy anything else other than an induction hob. After using one, using an old style hop is like going back to using a camp fire.
We went for Neff. Great hob.

I would stay away from Hotpoint as friends of ours got one in the summer. Had a couple of problems and couldn't get HP out to look at it. Their customer services seems to be that bad. their retailer replaced it with another brand after 8 months.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
deeley
Imagineer

Mobile

We were nervous but went for it, and we both adore it! It’s so easy to use, such instant heat and in even has a pause button so you can stop cooking instantly to answer the door etc... it looks great and apart from having to replace one frying pan we’ve not had any issues. I don’t think I’d ever go back to a different hob, plus I love how sleek it looks because it is flat on the worktop.
When our kettle broke, it heated water far faster in a pan! Ours was from ikea .
Covid cancelled Aug 2020!
Back to NYC Dec 22
deeley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Def recommend. I've had 2 Neff but think other brands probably just as good.
It boils amazingly quickly and easy to clean
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
ducati211
Trainee Dibber

Yes recommend, got mine from ikea and heats up great, function to share heat on the left hand side for 2 rings, child lock, easy clean
ducati211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List