Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Feb 20, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post

well thats us moved in

I know a few have been following our move

well Tuesday lunctime i hired a luton box van and started to move all the outside stuff down to the bungalow, Tuesday night we loaded up all the boxes, at 10.30 we were still moving drawers and units downstairs

wednesday we were down the bungalow at 8.30 unloading the van, myself and 17yr and 12yr old daughters, while my wife cleaned the old house

we had family come and help us about 10, for the 2nd house load and the 3rd, without them it would have been a real push

we had sold our house at about 11, then had a phone call we can move in at abut 2.30, we were almost in by then as i had the keys,

i had to get the van back full of fuel at 3 unless i paid a extra day, I managed tit at 2.50, not bad a house move for £85 van hire and £4 fuel

only downside is we put our oak table on top of the beds and it slide and scratched the table top ( so any advice on repairing oak table scratches welcome )

living out of boxes for a few weeks / months as we strip the old wall paper and decorate, its really like 1980 in here
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Well done! I shudder at the thought of having to move house again and haven’t done it for 17 years!
Old 22 Feb 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm not moving again either! Moved in 2003 from 3 bed to new build 6 bed with a 6 month old DS. Couldn't face it again now there are 4 of us and 2 home offices, DS are 16 and 12.
Old 22 Feb 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Well done! Like others, the thought of moving again fills me with dread! I remember my DH hiring a van to move us into our 1st maisonette- we didn’t have much furniture- but still ended up with about 2 journeys each from our parents house. Well done for getting the van back on time!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Congratulations on your new house and move.

Very speedy and good of friends / family to help. £85 and some good will is a good price.

I dread the thought of moving, I recognise it will come as we will want to downsize at some point, but the idea of the decades of stuff to sort out really puts me off, let alone the whole selling/ buying saga.
Old 22 Feb 20, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

Congratulations on your new house and move.

As part of my divorce I need to move house and I am dreading it. I’ve lived here for 19 years and I said never again, but I have no choice. I will need to get rid of loads of stuff too as will need a much smaller property. Ex husband lives 100 miles away so I will be doing it all on my own as well.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great timings and well planned. Congratulations on your new home.
Shame about the table. How bad is it? This will help with minor marks (comes in different shades) but anything deep or big will probably need professional help (or a tablecloth! )
amazon/Tableau-Scr...2C185& sr=8-1
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Matt. Well done, you did well in that time and for that cost.
I moved us in 1986 which was before we had Children and all their stuff. Never again!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

Well done. We’ve moved several times and no matter how organised you think you are, there’s always something which doesn’t quite go according to plan. A tablecloth, runner or well placed plant could be a short term solution!
Old 22 Feb 20, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

Well done and the very best of luck in your new home.