Old 6 Sep 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
changing tickets to APs US & SW/BG

Hi

Just really want confirmation from someone who has done this that this is right?

I have 14 day unlimited tix for universal (3park) and Seaworld (3park)

Am i correct in thinking that:

US - I can upgrade at GS to an annual power pass for the cost of the pass minus the cost of a 14 day explorer ticket? so 464 - 374 (approx) = $90 (plus tax) and start using it and using the discount from the day of upgrade?

Am I able to use my ticket to go to volcano bay in the first week, then pay to upgrade in the second week but only upgrade to the 2 park power pass? Or will I only be able to go to the 3 park one because I have used it in the 3rd park already? The 2 park power pass is actually cheaper than the 14 day explorer ticket and as I am also planning on upgrading SW to an annual pass (see below) I feel I can just go with the 2 parks next year for US. Can you even upgrade if its less than the cost of the pass you already have?

Final US question - if I upgrade to annual pass will I get discount on HHN as well as it says discounted tickets to events etc but doesnt give anymore details.

SW - based on current prices my 14 day ticket is worth 189.99, I'd like to upgrade to a bronze AP with 4 park access (not that I'll be going in the summer for the BG water park!) which is currently 193.88 - does this mean I can upgrade for like $3-5? or is there extra charges added on top? Or do SW even offer the chance to upgrade your 14 day tix for a year pass? I remember a couple of years ago they offered the upgrades on single entry passes.

Final SW questions - if you and the AP can you get discount on purchasing the all day dining plan and if so how much discount is it, similar can you use it to buy discount serenghetti safari at BG?

Hopefully someone who is wiser than me knows all the answers

Thanks

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
pluto99
Very Serious Dibber

we asked about upgrading our ap at seaworld and was told they was worth $64 off an ap
pluto99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Originally Posted by pluto99 View Post
we asked about upgrading our ap at seaworld and was told they was worth $64 off an ap
That seems more inline with what I remember - I think they were charging $99 to upgrade the tix on the day to AP's

pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pinkspideruk View Post
Just really want confirmation from someone who has done this that this is right?
as a UNI passholder I'll try to answer for that resort

US - I can upgrade at GS to an annual power pass for the cost of the pass minus the cost of a 14 day explorer ticket? so 464 - 374 (approx) = $90 (plus tax) and start using it and using the discount from the day of upgrade?
yes

but the price you'll be offered at GS for your 14 days ticket cannot be predicted
the upgrade price will be that of the AP minus the value they give you for your 14 days ticket

your AP starts from the first day you used the ticket you upgraded to AP, not from the day you actually upgrade to AP. Expiration date will be affected by this.

you can enjoy discounts as soon as you have upgraded

Am I able to use my ticket to go to volcano bay in the first week, then pay to upgrade in the second week but only upgrade to the 2 park power pass?
NO

Or will I only be able to go to the 3 park one because I have used it in the 3rd park already?
even if you don't go to volcano, the most recent policy is that you have a 3 parks ticket, it can only be upgraded to a 3 parks AP

Can you even upgrade if its less than the cost of the pass you already have?
when it's cheaper, Uni has been known to issue refunds.

Final US question - if I upgrade to annual pass will I get discount on HHN as well as it says discounted tickets to events etc but doesnt give anymore details.
you can see the prices here
universalorlando/web...-horror-nights

note you need to be a passholder to book the tickets or even see the price for your date

So you won't be able until you upgrade

Edited at 03:16 PM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Just a final point on HHN tickets, you can't get discount until you physically have the AP But from what I could gather the discount was "only" $10( this off multi-night tickets)
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Just a final point on HHN tickets, you can't get discount until you physically have the AP But from what I could gather the discount was "only" $10( this off multi-night tickets)
SD
Reading your reply, I checked with my AP number

The biggest discount is with the rush of fear pass ... $20 of on the 17 nights pass

here are the discounts breakdown

I'm a preferred passholder, if AP level impacts prices

all prices do not include taxes (add 6.5%)

Single night : from $61.99 compared to $67.99 regular ($6 savings on AP)

---

Multi nights

Rush of Fear Pass (first 17 nights) : $89.99 compared to $109.99 regular; that's a $20 savings on AP)

Rush of fear pass including Express passes for all 17 nights : $339.99 ($359.99 => $20 discount)

Frequent Fear Pass (25 nights)

ticket : $104.99 ($119.99 -> $15 discount)
ticket + express pass : $384.99 ($399.99 -> $15 discount)

Frequent Fear Plus Pass (34 nights)

ticket : $139.99 ($139.99 no discount)
ticket + express pass : $459.99 ($459.99 no discount)

Ultimate Frequent Fear Pass (all dates)

ticket : $259.99 (no discount)
ticket + express : $679.99 (no discount)

Edited at 05:47 PM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
thnks chmurf I'm deffo going to HHN not sure about what ap i will get as i dont go during high season so might work out better to just get the seasonal one as even with the food and merch discount i dont think its worth me getting the others and if the discount is only $6 on HHN its not a massive saving