Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 13 Sep 19, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Zarch
Getting to know the DIBB

Zarch's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
This thread has got me worried. So glad I checked through.

As per above, we're staying offsite and we've bought 4 x 14 day ultimate UK tickets with free Toy Story Magic Bands.

This voucher entitles you to 1 Toy Story MagicBand per Ticket purchased. To collect your Magicband(s) please visit the World of Disney Store in
Disney Springs and speak to a Cast Member. To claim your Magicband(s) you will need to present this voucher along with a valid Photo ID at
time of collection. You may collect your MagicBand(s) at any point during your stay, however we recommend visiting before 5pm to avoid queuing.
For more information on using your MagicBand(s) and how to link these to your Disney account, please visit our FAQs at

disneyholidays/walt...ive-magicbands.

Helpful tip: save time by linking your Park Tickets to your My Disney Experience account and collecting your MagicBand(s) before entering the
Parks. This will enable you to avoid the queues at Will Call as your MagicBand(s) can be used as your Ticket, meaning you won’t need to pick up

your Tickets separately and can head straight into the parks.
So first day is a trip to Disney Springs (an overpriced Mall by the looks of it) Rather than heading to a park! Grrrr!

What's my other option? Buy 4 Magic bands and have them delivered before we go? We go in 6 weeks time.
Zarch is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Fra
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Zarch View Post
This thread has got me worried. So glad I checked through.

As per above, we're staying offsite and we've bought 4 x 14 day ultimate UK tickets with free Toy Story Magic Bands.

So first day is a trip to Disney Springs (an overpriced Mall by the looks of it) Rather than heading to a park! Grrrr!

What's my other option? Buy 4 Magic bands and have them delivered before we go? We go in 6 weeks time.
go to a park and use your physical tickets to get into the park, then collect your magic bands at some point later - maybe speak to someone in the park - maybe they can help sort you out locally?
Fra is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
If you don't already have the physical tickets, you can go to the park on your first day and collect your tickets from the ticket desks at the entrance. Just show them your Will Call confirmation email from Disney and some photo ID. This is what you would normally have to do without the free Toy Story MagicBands.

You can then pick up the free MagicBand from Disney Springs a day or two later. Or don't bother and you won't have lost anything. You don't have to have a MagicBand to enter the parks.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Zarch
Getting to know the DIBB

Zarch's Reviews
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
If you don't already have the physical tickets, you can go to the park on your first day and collect your tickets from the ticket desks at the entrance. Just show them your Will Call confirmation email from Disney and some photo ID. This is what you would normally have to do without the free Toy Story MagicBands.

You can then pick up the free MagicBand from Disney Springs a day or two later. Or don't bother and you won't have lost anything. You don't have to have a MagicBand to enter the parks.
Thanks. I only have the supplied will-call PDF confirmation print-out.

If you don't have the free magic bands, what normally happens? Do you have to buy them when you arrive at the park with your confirmation letter? Then someone syncs them up?

What do the bands cost on arrival at the park?
Old 13 Sep 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

So you dont' actually need the bands at all. You can just use the card they gave u as a ticket and for fastpass use etc. You can however purchase bands at any merchandise location and then they have instructions on how to link them to your account or there are "magic band" locations in each park that can help with this. If however you don't get your bands on the first day then I would wait until you get to Disney Springs to get rather than paying for another one
Old 13 Sep 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Zarch
Getting to know the DIBB

Zarch's Reviews
Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
So you dont' actually need the bands at all. You can just use the card they gave u as a ticket and for fastpass use etc. You can however purchase bands at any merchandise location and then they have instructions on how to link them to your account or there are "magic band" locations in each park that can help with this. If however you don't get your bands on the first day then I would wait until you get to Disney Springs to get rather than paying for another one
Thank you again.

Just for clarity then... so I can explain this to the other half...

When we get to the park i'll give them the confirmation letter and we'll get 4 x plastic credit card type thing, which gets us in and we can use for our fast pass selections?

The magic band, when we get them are just a simpler alternative to whipping out the 4 cards all the time?
Old 13 Sep 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you again.

When we get to the park i'll give them the confirmation letter and we'll get 4 x plastic credit card type thing, which gets us in and we can use for our fast pass selections?

The magic band, when we get them are just a simpler alternative to whipping out the 4 cards all the time?
Yes, the magic bands are a more convenient card for off site guests.. For on site they are linked to room so things can be charged to it.
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
WDW365
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

When we visited in May just after arriving we popped into Disney Springs about 6.30, went to World of Disney. A kind cast member walked us to the desk where you pick up the free magic band and we were at Hollywood Studios by 7. Incredibly easy.
WDW365 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2

Yes, you’ll get plastic credit card tickets, like these:

You can then use those to scan at the turnstiles to get in and so on. You don’t need MagicBands at all. They just make things a little more convenient, that’s all.

BTW, if you haven’t done this, you can book fastpasses before you get those plastic cards and before you even leave for your holiday. You link the reference number shown on the Will Call pdf email to your Disney account and then that allows you to book fastpasses 30 days beforehand.

If you don’t already have a Disney account, go to the Disney website and create one:

disneyworld.disney.go/en_GB/login/

Once you have an account you can link the tickets here:

disneyworld.disney.go/en...ickets-passes/

Or you can get the Disney app, which also allows you to do these things.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Zarch
Getting to know the DIBB

Zarch's Reviews
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Yes, you’ll get plastic credit card tickets, like these:

You can then use those to scan at the turnstiles to get in and so on. You don’t need MagicBands at all. They just make things a little more convenient, that’s all.

BTW, if you haven’t done this, you can book fastpasses before you get those plastic cards and before you even leave for your holiday. You link the reference number shown on the Will Call pdf email to your Disney account and then that allows you to book fastpasses 30 days beforehand.

If you don’t already have a Disney account, go to the Disney website and create one:

disneyworld.disney.go/en_GB/login/

Once you have an account you can link the tickets here:

disneyworld.disney.go/en...ickets-passes/

Or you can get the Disney app, which also allows you to do these things.
Thank you. Yep, i've linked the tickets up to the app and all ready for this coming Friday which is our 30 days!