Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 14 Aug 19, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl View Post
Thank you for sharing! I added your data to my spreadsheet and the prices you were given at HS match up precisely with what you're shown on the app (you, not your DH). They include tax (1119-558=561 + tax= 597.47). I'm curious to see how they respond to your DH's ticket value, though!

Would you mind sharing how much you paid for your tickets?

This is another confirmation that they only charge tax on the upgrade bit, not the full AP so that's a good $35 saved right there. However, there appears to have been a change in the value they assign to the tickets as it jumped from RickT's $524 to $558(/$574?) now.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday!
Thanks. We paid £398 for adults and £378 for child.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Just to add even more confusion, Epcot international gateway quotes the same for me but we got dh to scan his band and they want $702 to upgrade to platinum for him.

The lady there says that dd and I both scan as having UK 14 day ultimates but dh scans as having a UK select pass. Even though mde shows he has an ultimate.

I’ve never heard of the select pass and it has around $100 less value than the ultimate.

We need to visit guest services instead of ticketing to see what they can do. We’ll do this tomorrow.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
Just to add even more confusion, Epcot international gateway quotes the same for me but we got dh to scan his band and they want $702 to upgrade to platinum for him.

The lady there says that dd and I both scan as having UK 14 day ultimates but dh scans as having a UK select pass. Even though mde shows he has an ultimate.

I’ve never heard of the select pass and it has around $100 less value than the ultimate.

We need to visit guest services instead of ticketing to see what they can do. We’ll do this tomorrow.
That sounds very strange indeed, especially when his MDE is showing a higher value. Good luck sorting it out.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Currently going around on a few facebook groups is a recent (this month) receipt showing a figure of approx $150 to upgrade a 14 day UK ticket to a DVC gold AP. This price should be available everywhere but has definitely been available at Disney Springs and MK.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 01:31 AM  
Link to this Post
muzland
Getting Excited

muzland's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Ok, activated our 21 day ultimate tickets today at Animal Kingdom and app is showing $624 credit leaving $595+tax to pay ($633 Inc tax). This is for an adult.

Asked at guest relations for a price and quoted $742.

Showed the cast member the price in the app and he said he could not match it and to buy through the app. We did it there and then, he checked all was working and gave us our annual pass card.

Fast passes have all carried over and refunded my $25 parking charge.

I have 4 more to upgrade so I will see what price I am offered at each park knowing I have a base price I can use in the app if they can't beat it.

I will post the details when I have them.
Jul05 2wk Jul07 3wk Aug09 Oak Isl. 3wk Jul12 Emerald Isl. 3wk Dec13 Indian Cr. 2wk Jul14 Lindfields 3wk Dec15 Tranquility Villa, Lindfields 3wk Jul16 Miami & Tuscan Rdg 3wk Aug17 & Dec17 Villa Sunrise 3wk & 2wk May18 Tranquility 2wk Aug19 Treefield Villa, 3wks Dec19 Davenport Lakes 2wk Aug22 BA Villa AOA 3wk
muzland is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by muzland View Post
Ok, activated our 21 day ultimate tickets today at Animal Kingdom and app is showing $624 credit leaving $595+tax to pay ($633 Inc tax). This is for an adult.

Asked at guest relations for a price and quoted $742.

Showed the cast member the price in the app and he said he could not match it and to buy through the app. We did it there and then, he checked all was working and gave us our annual pass card.

Fast passes have all carried over and refunded my $25 parking charge.

I have 4 more to upgrade so I will see what price I am offered at each park knowing I have a base price I can use in the app if they can't beat it.

I will post the details when I have them.
That's quite annoying that they won't match the price because that means you can't get $624 credit for a regular platinum pass.

Thanks for your report, good luck with the others, and have a fantastic time!
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

That's quite annoying that they won't match the price because that means you can't get $624 credit for a regular platinum pass.

Thanks for your report, good luck with the others, and have a fantastic time!
So on the app can you only upgrade to the one with water parks included?
Old 21 Aug 19, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
So on the app can you only upgrade to the one with water parks included?
That is what other posters have reported, yes. I don't have personal experience, though.
Old 21 Aug 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

That is what other posters have reported, yes. I don't have personal experience, though.
Ah OK interesting. Good to know.
Old 22 Aug 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
muzland
Getting Excited

muzland's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Tried at Disney springs yesterday. Quoted $667 inc tax to upgrade 21 day ult adult so still dearer than the app.

When I left I checked the app and the price of my ticket had increased to exactly that price even though he assured me nothing had changed on my ticket.

Went back to explain that whatever he had done had affected my upgrade price in the app. After quite a while and Getting a manager involved they agreed to honour the original app price. Left with no choice at that point to upgrade the ticket which I did.

My other tickets are showing the $595 upgrade price still.

So, just asking for a price in Disney can change the price in the app negatively so be careful and be prepared to argue and stand your ground if it happens. I was lucky that I had other tickets I could show him with the original price.

Obviously you could skip the asking and just upgrade in the app for peace of mind.

Be careful out there folks.
Jul05 2wk Jul07 3wk Aug09 Oak Isl. 3wk Jul12 Emerald Isl. 3wk Dec13 Indian Cr. 2wk Jul14 Lindfields 3wk Dec15 Tranquility Villa, Lindfields 3wk Jul16 Miami & Tuscan Rdg 3wk Aug17 & Dec17 Villa Sunrise 3wk & 2wk May18 Tranquility 2wk Aug19 Treefield Villa, 3wks Dec19 Davenport Lakes 2wk Aug22 BA Villa AOA 3wk
muzland is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List