Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 11 Sep 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Zarch
Getting to know the DIBB

Zarch's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Fast pass confusion - 30 day rule

We are landing in Florida on Oct 19th and plan going to a park to get our magicbands on the 20th. We have UK 14-day Disney Ultimate Ticket (with memory maker) bought directly from Disney.

We are staying off site so only have 30 days priority.

So with regard 30 days prior on the app. Will I be able to start booking fast passes from Sept 20th?

Then once I've booked the first FP for the 20th Oct, will the rest of the 14 days open up on the app? ie, it knows that i'll be using my tickets from the 20th Oct and the subsequent 14 days?

Because at the moment, when I go in to the app I can only see upto the end of the next 30 days. (not that i've chosen anything in there... daren't touch anything!)

So does the first day you choose a FP become the first day of your 14 day ticket?

Hope that makes some sense?

Many thanks.
Zarch is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

You can only book 1 day at a time so your first booking day will be 30 days out for that park day, then the following day for next day of hol, so you are basically having to log on for 14 days. Not sure if that explanation clear
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

you are going to your first park on the 20th

this means you'll be able to make FP+ selections for that day on Sept 20th (only 30 days in september so that makes an easy calculation for the dates)

then for Oct 21st you'll be able to select FP+ on Sep 21st
for Oct 22nd, that will open on Sep 22nd

and so on.

regarding your question about the first day of your ticket. Your ticket starts when you enter a park for the first time. That's when the clock starts ticking on your 14 days

making FP+ reservation does not activate your ticket. You can make reservations for the 20th of september and not go to the park that day, it will not impact your tickets
but note that you can only hold up to 14 days worth of FP+

Edited at 08:15 AM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Mobile

Confused too now
When we stayed on site we could book the whole two weeks once fp opened 60 days before
Is it different with the 30 days out one? We are staying offsite and I will be getting 14 day ticket as we are there 8 days
Will the full two weeks not open then at 30 days out from the first day?
Old 12 Sep 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Confused too now
When we stayed on site we could book the whole two weeks once fp opened 60 days before
Is it different with the 30 days out one? We are staying offsite and I will be getting 14 day ticket as we are there 8 days
Will the full two weeks not open then at 30 days out from the first day?
no they won't
you have to log on and book your 3 FP+ every day for 14(or 8 ) days from the first day
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh that sucks
Old 12 Sep 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimers2018
Getting Excited

Mobile

That's the difference between staying onsite and off.
Firsttimers2018 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

This is going to feel weird for me as we plan to stay offsite for the first time in a long time 2020. We plan on staying ten days offsite but then rent dvc for a few days also after the ten days, so I’m really not sure how it will all work.
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Zarch
Getting to know the DIBB

Zarch's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
you are going to your first park on the 20th

this means you'll be able to make FP+ selections for that day on Sept 20th (only 30 days in september so that makes an easy calculation for the dates)

then for Oct 21st you'll be able to select FP+ on Sep 21st
for Oct 22nd, that will open on Sep 22nd

and so on.

regarding your question about the first day of your ticket. Your ticket starts when you enter a park for the first time. That's when the clock starts ticking on your 14 days

making FP+ reservation does not activate your ticket. You can make reservations for the 20th of september and not go to the park that day, it will not impact your tickets
but note that you can only hold up to 14 days worth of FP+
Fantastic, that all does make sense. Thank you very much.

So rather than one fastpass day entry on my calendar, i've now got 14 of them! LOL.

Playing it day by day might relieve some of the tension trying to book 14 days worth in one go!
Zarch is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Confused too now
Is it different with the 30 days out one?
Yes, it is different for people staying offsite. If you are staying offsite then you'll need to book one day at a time if you want to book 30 days beforehand. Whereas onsite guests can book all 14 days in one go.

Now, you could wait until 16 days before the start of your holiday and then book all 14 days of your holiday in one go. But most people don't like to do that - they like to book them ASAP.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List