Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Oct 09, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Talking Disney Wedding...any advice please!

Hi all

We got engaged on our last trip to Disney (lovely!) and are planning on getting wed there in early October 2011...

Have been shopping around for quotes including DIY but Virgin seems to be coming out cheapest

We are hoping to stay at AKL for 21 nights (hopefully with free dining) and marry at Yacht Club with dinner at Yachtsmans Steakhouse

Can anyone give me any advice as a future Disney bride?

Also, struggling to think of something to do after the meal for about 16 adults and 3 toddlers...any ideas?

Thanks in advance x
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 09, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Jollymon
Imagineer

Jollymon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Have you been on the Disney Wedding Website? We considered this as well but it works out very expensive compared to other locations in the area.

Sorry not much advice to give
Jollymon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 09, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
we had a dessert party at epcot after our reception it was great, booked through disney weddings

oh and make sure if you book a disney videographer he shows up! ours didnt bother
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 09, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Oh no! Sorry to hear that. I think I'm just going to get my Dad to film it on his video camera if he just buys a camera...he's a bit of a tech-addict!
I know it is more expensive this way but it is the dream and still way cheaper than doing it at home...
Dessert party sounds good...any idea of cost? Is it to watch Illuminations? Is there any minimum number though? Good location for us given where the wedding is planned

Any more advice/comments welcome! Thanks
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 09, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Michaela
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi, Just wanted to say congratulation. Whilst i have no real advice i just wanted to say that we are getting married at the Disney Swan hotel Nov 2010 and we have booked through Virgin, they have been very helpful, and quick to respond to any queries that we have had. We too are thinking of having a desert party at Epcot. You can find prices etc on the disney website, i had a link but can't find it. sorry
Michaela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 09, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Congratulations!

We married at the Boardwalk hotel in 2007 which was lovely and the day couldn't have gone better.

We had our reception meal at Citrico's at the Grand Floridian and then surprised our guests by hiring pontoon boats to go around the lake and watch the fireworks as the water pageant went passed. It was a brilliant end to the day.

We also stayed at the AKL which was lovely.

What I would say though is that although the day went without a hitch and the Disney Wedding Co-ordinator and photographer were excellent I did feel that there was a slight lack in communication prior to the wedding. There was a couple of things we were unsure of and we did have to puch to have a pre-wedding meetting which I thought was standard.

I was all sorted out thought and Like I say the day was brilliant.

What ever you do Im sure it will be a day to remember.

Oh, and the wedding cake, the best I have ever tasted, it was amazing. Unfortunalty we left the leftovers on the window sill in the GF and forgot about it!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 09, 05:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Congratulations, we got married at the wedding pavilion in 2000. Disney wedding planners are just wonderful, they are so helpful. I did not like any flowers DIsney were offering so that just had me email the Disney Florist with what I wanted and they were perfect!

We had our meal arranged by the GF private dining, they arranged a meal for us on the shore of the seven seas lagoon in time for the fireworks, it was amazing
Jockey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 09, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by clairhal View Post
Congratulations!

We married at the Boardwalk hotel in 2007 which was lovely and the day couldn't have gone better.

We had our reception meal at Citrico's at the Grand Floridian and then surprised our guests by hiring pontoon boats to go around the lake and watch the fireworks as the water pageant went passed. It was a brilliant end to the day.

We also stayed at the AKL which was lovely.

What I would say though is that although the day went without a hitch and the Disney Wedding Co-ordinator and photographer were excellent I did feel that there was a slight lack in communication prior to the wedding. There was a couple of things we were unsure of and we did have to puch to have a pre-wedding meetting which I thought was standard.

I was all sorted out thought and Like I say the day was brilliant.

What ever you do Im sure it will be a day to remember.

Oh, and the wedding cake, the best I have ever tasted, it was amazing. Unfortunalty we left the leftovers on the window sill in the GF and forgot about it!
A friend of mine got married in the GF wedding pavillion then had the dessert party afterwards in Epcot, where they watched the fireworks. They had some communication issues (Disney had to move where they had the reception but forgot to mention it, and they had specifically asked for no characters, but they sent them as an apology for moving the venue, and they lost the music for the first dance and replaced it with something completely different). They still had a great day though, they were just happy to be getting married.

Congratulations to the OP!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 09, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thank you all... any other ideas, comments or suggestions welcome! Thanks
Old 15 Oct 09, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Congratulations.

I also recently got engaged on a trip to Disneyland California and we are now thinking of an Escape Disney wedding in April 2012 it would be 2011 but we have alot of saving to do as we are paying for DF family to be there.
So far i like SBP for the location and perhaps a private room at California grill for the evening reception, the napa room there has views of magic kingdom. We will have about 15 guests and I will probably book direct with Disney next years prices are $4750 i think for the package we are thinking of
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread