Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Jan 10, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Disney Wedding

HI,

I was interested in finding out about a Disney Wedding, I live in the UK, can anyone help with information about where to get started? My partner really wants to have the wedding in Disney but I dont know how easy it would be for us.

Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 10, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl87
Imagineer

Im probably committing a cardinal sin here, lol, but if you go over to DISBoards.com theres a huge wedding section filled with people planning Disney weddings or you can read reports of people who have already had their wedding
scottishgirl87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 10, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Allisonjane
Apprentice Imagineer

Disney have their own weddings website and there is lots of information on there, although i haven't looked at it recently.
The main factor is how many guests you will have as there are 2 different packages, can't remember what they all them but basically if you have less than about 20 guests you have a package where one price includes nearly everything, flowers, cake, photos, limo. If you are have a bigger wedding with more guests then everything is priced individually and it can get very expensive.
We got married in September 2007 and it was everything i dreamed of and more, my wedding planner was fantastic and made sure the day went exactly how i wanted. We only had 5 guest and i thought the package was very reasonable, compared to what you pay to get married here anyway.
Anymore questions, don't hesitate to ask.
1993, 1997, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004 all off site, 2007 Pop/AKL + Fairytale Wedding, 2008 Cypress Pointe, 2010 Disney Magic, 2010 OKW/Rolling Hills, 2011 Pop/CBR, 2013 POFQ/Bellavida, 2015 OKW/Windsor Hills/AKV, 2016 CBR, 2017 Cypress Pointe, 2018 OKW/Storey Lake, 2019 BlueTree Resort, 2019 Cypress Pointe/Tuscan Ridge, 2020 CSR, 2021 Formosa Gardens
Allisonjane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 10, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishgirl87 View Post
Im probably committing a cardinal sin here, lol, but if you go over to DISBoards.com theres a huge wedding section filled with people planning Disney weddings or you can read reports of people who have already had their wedding
I second this, its an extremely helpful part of the forum.

Me and DFi are hoping for a Disney wedding at the end of april 2012. We will have an Escape wedding as we plan to have less than 20 guests, it costs around $4750 booking through Disney and includes the Ceremony location, flowers, cake and ermm i can't think now but if you go to disneyweddings.disney.go/ you can read all your options, theres also the Wishes collection which is better for larger partys and has a minimum spend of $12,000.
I also recommend the Passporter Disney wedding guide, it's about $10 and a downloaded book but there lots of helpful info in it. If possible I have it on my computer so I can email it to you?
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 10, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald88
Imagineer

Hey there sam congrats on your engagement, hope this is of some use to you i just found a thread i posted a few months ago, please also see the link there may be some info in the thread that would be usefull for you! If you go onto the disney us website and order the wedding dvd its free its very useful, i would also recommend giving them a call.

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...57#post4214857

Hi There, first of all congratulations! You must be all excited!I got married at the pavilion last year and did it through disney, i thought the wedding co-ordinator was absoloutley brilliant and didn't know what i would do without her, everything was done for when i arrived and all i had to do was turn up on the day!She sorted everything out for us, our package was $5,000 when then dollar was $2 to the pound it was good value.

The package included the wedding co-ordinator, the location, the photographer, a harpist, champagne, the wedding cake (which was the best cake ever, i see another dibber has also commented on that) limo hire for 4 hours i think it was, all the flowers (additional items can be ordered) The pics were great we paid for 20 to be developed in a lovely leather album and we got a disc of all the pics which totalled over 300! You have the rights to the pics so you can do what you want with them. The recommend hair/make up etc if you do end up getting info via disney for your hair/make up def get lisa i cant remember her last name but she was fab, she does all the disney adverts, films etc really nice woman. They send you all the selections for your cake fillers, flowers etc.

We got our marriage license via the post, i think it cost us about $200 and i think you need to apply for this 2 months before hand and they will send the approved license to the wedding co-ordinator so you don't have to worry about that.

If you have any more q's i will try my best!

Good luck and congrats again!
macdonald88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 10, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl87
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sarah84 View Post
I second this, its an extremely helpful part of the forum.

Me and DFi are hoping for a Disney wedding at the end of april 2012. We will have an Escape wedding as we plan to have less than 20 guests, it costs around $4750 booking through Disney and includes the Ceremony location, flowers, cake and ermm i can't think now but if you go to disneyweddings.disney.go/ you can read all your options, theres also the Wishes collection which is better for larger partys and has a minimum spend of $12,000.
I also recommend the Passporter Disney wedding guide, it's about $10 and a downloaded book but there lots of helpful info in it. If possible I have it on my computer so I can email it to you?
Ahhh yes I have read your engagement trip report LOL (I have the same username over there as well).
scottishgirl87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 10, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
hi
i called disney weddingd
we got married at the wedding pavillion 2 years ago this january 28th it was beautiful

our disney wedding planner was great, had the reception at the living seas in epcot and dessert party at the uk pavillion,
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 10, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread