Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Accommodation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Jan 20, 06:27 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Prices do seem to fluctuate and get dearer the closer you get. We booked our room in October for this August. Cost £56 - it’s now £90, and I doubt it will come down.
Got the Florida bug May 2012 villa at Sandy Ridge; May 2013 villa at Lake Berkley; May 2014 villa at Lake Berkley; August 2015 villa at Lake Berkley; May 2016 villa at Lake Berkley; October 2016 New York; August 2017 villa at Chatham Park; July/Aug 2018 villa at Chatham Park; Aug 2019 OKW & villa at Lake Berkley; Aug 2020 Indian Creek
mason1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
We said no Disney!
Old 18 Jan 20, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Very rare to get it for £29 as it's in demand all the time.

It's a basic room but as long as it does what it needs to do I'm happy. I always look at other hotels and compare but if I am lucky enough to get a runway view again I will be happy though it may ge dark soon after I get there
Old 18 Jan 20, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarsar1973
Proud to wear my Ears

When i booked our trip for next month back in April last year, i booked the Premier Inn Gatwick North at the same time on a cancellable rate of £51 for a family room. I used booking.com instead of the PI website as well.
Booking as far in advance as possible helps.
Sarsar1973 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Our 3rd family WDW Holiday.
Old 18 Jan 20, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
discoclare
Excited about Disney

we paid about 70 pounds to stay there on December 22nd. We booked it on a whim (without any discount code) on December 21st to save us having to get up so early the next day.
discoclare is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Beach Club here we come!
Old 18 Jan 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
Imagineer

Claudette's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Sarsar1973 View Post
Booking as far in advance as possible helps.
Has never helped me. I looked for December 2020 more than a year in advance and yesterday and it was over £100 and £70 respectively. Never seen a good PI rate.
Claudette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
A long time to come...
Old 18 Jan 20, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
discoclare
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by discoclare View Post
we paid about 70 pounds to stay there on December 22nd. We booked it on a whim (without any discount code) on December 21st to save us having to get up so early the next day.
Should have added that was for a family room. Guess they are a bit dearer than a double? I just looked for a family room for same date this year 2020 and it's £62 on the PI website, so I didn't seem to get a good price by booking on the day! (which I thought might have been the case).
discoclare is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Beach Club here we come!
Old 18 Jan 20, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
dotb
Imagineer

We booked last July for this May - cost £44.50 on the saver rate.
Just checked and if I booked now it would be £69 on semi flex rate so not a huge difference.
Old 18 Jan 20, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
Imagineer

Claudette's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by dotb View Post
We booked last July for this May - cost £44.50 on the saver rate.
Just checked and if I booked now it would be £69 on semi flex rate so not a huge difference.
How do you get “saver rates”? I have never seen that option.
Claudette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
A long time to come...
Old 18 Jan 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
amandathepanda
Imagineer

They have changed the wording, now you have a choice of Flex or Non Flex.
Old 18 Jan 20, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

I have booked a semi flex with the hope the price drops with a non flex when we get closer to our stay. I will then book a non flex and cancel the semi flex if it works that way.
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
One last time - CANCELLED