Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Mar 20, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
pixie1994
Dancing with Tink'

Virgin flight advice

Hi all, I booked with virgin for May and paid £500. I’ve been looking to rebook for September/October and online found some dates that are around £150 extra than what I paid. When I messaged virgin the same dates are coming up at £250-£350 extra. Has anyone opted for the open ticket option? If so can you use it online or do you still have to call? My other option would be to buy new flights completely and just wait and see if virgin will give me a refund closer to May.

I really appreciate your advice!

Thank you
pixie1994 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 20, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

I would wait and see if the flight is cancelled, so that you may be able to get a refund. This would allow you to rebook as and when you decide. I would be reluctant to rebook at this stage, when there's so much uncertainty surrounding events and no real end in sight for travel disruption. There are also insurance implications if rebooking now, given that COVID-19 is now a known problem.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 20, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
pixie1994
Dancing with Tink'

Thank you for your advice, I didn’t even think about my travel insurance covering it! 🙈 It’s such a strange time at the moment. I suppose thing can change so quickly with what’s going on!
pixie1994 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 20, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Strange times indeed. I have to confess that until 2-3 weeks ago we still hoped we'd be going... now I'd embarrassed to say that out loud, it just sounds silly doesn't it? I think we were 'lucky' that the parks closed and travel was banned ahead of our departure, which meant the decision was just taken out of our hands. I know the uncertainty is frustrating, but I think the best thing now would be to wait and see what happens nearer the time.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 20, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
pixie1994
Dancing with Tink'

No not at all, i was exactly the same. It’s a rubbish feeling with a holiday like Disney with so many people saving for year or even more in advance. I just want mine to be cancelled or rearranged instead of having to wait until May. I booked all mine separately so every company is different (though completely understanding which is amazing) I’m just being so impatient with it and staying inside I think is making it worse 😂 🙈.
Old 26 Mar 20, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Yep, we've been counting down to (and saving for) our trip for the best part of the year. I've planned our trip in great detail, got some new t-shirts and just couldn't wait to go. We were scheduled to go this Sunday
I think you'll have no choice but to wait it out. I hope it works out for you, which I'm afraid at this stage probably means cancellation with full refund rather than actually going