Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 28 Mar 20, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Just received this DVC 28 March Updated policy

Dear Members,

I know the last couple of weeks have been a challenge for all of us. As we navigate the rapidly changing COVID-19 environment, we continue to make decisions focused on the health and wellbeing of our Members, Guests and Cast Members. Today I want to share another update with you.

As a result of this unprecedented pandemic and in line with direction provided by health experts and government officials, Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort will remain closed until further notice. This closure affects all Disney Vacation Club properties, including Disney’s Vero Beach Resort, Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort and Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa.

During this temporary closure, it is our priority to continue providing you with helpful and efficient service, even as the majority of our Cast Members are working remotely, including those in Member Services and Member Accounting.

Until the decision is made as to when the resorts will reopen, all reservations scheduled for arrival during the closure time will be automatically cancelled by Disney Vacation Club on a week-by-week basis. Members do not need to cancel the reservation online or contact Member Services. In light of the unusual circumstances and to provide more flexibility, Disney Vacation Club established a temporary cancellation policy to supplement our existing cancellation rules. Details include:

Vacation Points returned due to a cancellation of a resort reservation will not be placed in a holding account and will be returned to the current Use Year. This applies to all reservations checking in within the next 30 days.
When a reservation involving Borrowed Points is cancelled, the Borrowed Points will be returned to the Use Year they were borrowed from. This applies to all reservations regardless of arrival date. Please allow up to 15 business days for this process to be completed.
The following existing cancellation rules continue to apply:

Reservation Points returned due to a cancellation of a Disney Collection Resort reservation will be returned as Reservation Points to the current Use Year.
Reservations made with points Banked from the previous Use Year will be returned as Banked Points to the current Use Year.
One-time use Points will be returned to the current Use Year as one-time use Points.
In addition, some Members may have questions about reservation cancellations involving Points that are set to expire soon. At this time, we are evaluating the banking and expiration policy and the use of certain Points impacted by the closures. As a part of our evaluation process, we need to be considerate of the impact any changes could have on future inventory availability for the Membership overall. A decision will be made when we better understand how long COVID-19 will impact our operations.

As we anticipate high call volume in the days ahead, we encourage you to use the Disney Vacation Club website for general information – and we ask that you contact Member Services only if you need assistance with an existing reservation. Any Member who would like to book a new Disney Vacation Club Resort reservation or modify an existing reservation may do so through the Member Online Booking Tool.

We realize that disruptions related to COVID-19 are altering your family’s vacation plans, and we thank you for your understanding during this unprecedented time. It is our commitment to stay focused on serving you with ongoing communication and updates.

We look forward to “welcoming you home” as soon as we can.
Old 28 Mar 20, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Just awaiting the banking of points rule, as my holiday is mostly with points from this year in my last 4 use year months which are not normally allowed to be banked
Old 28 Mar 20, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

I just posted this too.

wait and see what they come up with.

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
fmol196
Excited about Disney

I have some banked 2018 points which were part of my 14/3 reservation which was cancelled, which have gone back into my June 2019 use year. I am wondering if I should try to drop them into RCI or wait and see if Disney do anything to help. In the circumstances it does not matter that much if I lose them but would like to avoid if possible.
I cannot find out how to put them into RCI without the help of a cast member though and they don’t want to talk to you about anything apart from current reservations (understandable) . Can anyone advise if there is a way to do this without talking to a cast member? I don’t want to book a specific date or place at this point
Thanks
Old 28 Mar 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Imagineer

Mobile

I spoke to member services yesterday about a reservation they were happy to transfer me to someone who could help with a RCI deposit. Valid until December 2022, otherwise would have lost them.
Tillyfloss is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

In fairness the stance currently taken seems reasonable. It is reasonable that they don’t allow already banked points to be banked again, otherwise everyone would seriously struggle to get availability going forward. It is also reasonable that if you had borrowed points, they be put back- then the maximum load next year will be the points of next year (some of which I suspect will be banked anyway into 2022) and any banked from this year.

I anticipate when it does open this will still create large availability issues. I’m hoping DVD release some of their cash inventory and hotel rooms into the DVC pot. I know it’s been suggested they have to abide by timeshare laws, but I’d hope (if they did prevent that) they could be temporarily be relaxed.

Personally I’m aiming for December 2021 as likely international return date when I can go, assuming summer is not possible internationally, but just a guess.
Old 29 Mar 20, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

It would be great if they allowed the use year to be extended by the amount of time it’s been closed.

My points banked from last year to use this year will need to be done so by end Feb 2021, as my use year is March. If say WDW was closed 2 months and they extended my use year by the 2 months I would have until end of April 2021 which would be great.