Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Mar 20, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

No. I booked them separately so not classed as one . At least I’ve got my flight refund on the way
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Aero
Helping Minnie

My experience of virgin is, they will do anything for you at all! Amazing customer service! Until you’ve booked then its a different story.
Aero is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
flossycandy
VIP Dibber

flossycandy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
That's not good. I've also got a hotel only booking with them and I thought that might be easier to get the money back for that. I've also got a car hire only booking that I'm not holding my breath about. Ours is for the end of April/beginning of May so I have got to sit tight for a couple of weeks. Hope they do the right thing by you.
flossycandy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve had a quick response saying that they’re waiting for new policy on refunds as the entrance to the USA date ban has been extended. Also they’ve received an email from my hotel saying they will refund . So impressed with Marco beach ocean resort for going to the trouble of contacting VH on my behalf and for offering a refund. Will keep you updated
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Final update. Virgin holidays have refunded my accommodation as a result of the email from the hotel. It will take while to come through but I’m relieved. If anyone is in the same predicament perhaps ask your hotel to intervene.
Old 31 Mar 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
English Tim
Excited about Disney

I should’ve thought that if the hotel is booked through Virgin then you have to claim the refund to the virgin being the agent.
Old 31 Mar 20, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

The refund is coming from virgin but only after the hotel intervened and emailed them to confirm all their facilities are closed until 30th April.
Old 31 Mar 20, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

Excellent customer service from that hotel Thats the type of business that will get people rebooking with them when this is over... So many companies are coming out well above others in all this, hopefully those with great customer service will be the ones to survive all this. Poeple have long memories and with social media now we all get to hear about the god and the bad! Glad all sorted for you
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

So glad you are now sorted.

Well done to the hotel

Shame on you Virgin!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

Sorry you've had such a nitemate, my experience with VH was the opposite tbh, I'd booked flights separately, but hotels, villa and car through them, we were supposed to be there right now. We were offered a full refund straight away, not received it yet but that's understandable.
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List