Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Mar 20, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

We've got flights that had a tight connection, so when they open up the airports, I've got 2 hours to do immigration, customs and medical examination !
We have yet to discuss what we will do if travel is allowed. If we are still banned, I'm expecting to get it back.
Any hope of 747's still being in service for next year is now gone !
Old 29 Mar 20, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
82lcm
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
So we’ve spent about £1000 already on deposits. £150 villa, £100 ATD for universal tickets and rest My Magic Holiday (flights, 21 day Disney tickets, car, five nights on site with ddp) £7000+ balance is due 30th April. Do we pay it and stress/hope/cross fingers we go on 6th August (3wks) or postpone to next year. I can’t postpone to later this year because I’m a teacher and needs to be August as it’s the longest break. It’s a lot of money to pay out with so much uncertainty and the fact my husband is on enforced shut down due to CV so has lost shift pay. We may end up having to find another villa. We can’t afford to lose the money we’ve paid. So will have to stick with MMH who do seem to have good customer service.

Children do not know we have booked it- we had planned our reveal for Easter. Cancelled it now though.

What would you do? A holiday is something to look forward to but I just can’t see it happening. If it gets cancelled at last minute my asd children will not cope.
Anxiety is do high. Am I stressing over nothing? I’m currently home ill so feeling a bit doom and gloom and fed up anyway.
Thanks
Did you see MMH now EAH’s live video over the weekend? They said if the holiday couldn’t go ahead then a refund is one of 3 options. I know that it will most likely cost more to rearrange your holiday but at least you know that they are offering a refund rather than just a credit note towards another holiday. We are booked through them too for August and I was worried about paying (I’m still chasing the deposit from Thomas Cook collapse through Virgin credit card) but I completely trust this company because of their honest updates.
ETA - I hope you are feeling better x

Edited at 11:31 PM.
82lcm is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 82lcm View Post
Did you see MMH now EAH’s live video over the weekend? They said if the holiday couldn’t go ahead then a refund is one of 3 options. I know that it will most likely cost more to rearrange your holiday but at least you know that they are offering a refund rather than just a credit note towards another holiday. We are booked through them too for August and I was worried about paying (I’m still chasing the deposit from Thomas Cook collapse through Virgin credit card) but I completely trust this company because of their honest updates.
This is us too- felt happier after watching Mattie’s live chat. We are going to keep our booking and if it’s clear we can’t travel will either get a refund or re-book for next year. At the minute it’s still good to have a bit of hope
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

What is MMH and EAH please?
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
82lcm
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Simon & Suzann View Post
What is MMH and EAH please?
My Magic Holiday is a travel company who have just changed their name to Ever After Holidays x
82lcm is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Minniesmiff
Excited about Disney

We are due to go with Virgin in August. Can't say that Branson asking the government for a bailout is endearing us to part with our £££s when the balance is due in May. We are worried they may have collapsed well before we fly- like BA they bring most revenue from Business travellers, and there aren't going to be many of those for a good few months yet. This was quite a costly trip compared to how we've done it previously and now we're at a stage where we're thinking we don't know what's going off in the world and that money might be better off in our own bank if rainy days are ahead. I'm also quite concerned how busy it's going to be in the parks as a backlog of visitors descend and also if social distancing rules will still need to be in place how that will work in the parks. If someone asked me what I wanted to do today it would definitely be loose our deposit as sad as that makes me.
Minniesmiff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Ever After Holidays
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Hey guys

Just to clarify, as I really don't like speculation (and i can only speak for us not other travel companies)

Customers who have been affected by the travel restrictions and cancelled dates have been offered one of 3 options.

1 - To have a full refund
2 - Change their dates to either 2020 or 2021
3 - keep monies on file as a credit to book another holiday.

Balances still need to be paid on bookings as the suppliers still take the money for the bookings. If its not paid it goes into cancellation. If the balance isn't paid you won't be able to claim all monies back if your dates are affected.

With regards to changing dates
2020 - we can retain your free dining if you want to arrive on or before 3rd October 2020 subject to availability
2021 - we can move your booking to 2020 but you will lose your Free dining. In the eventuality that an early booking offer becomes available we will be looking to honour this on your booking.

Any changes in dates, customers with affected dates or not, differences in costs will apply such as if hotels are more expensive etc. The small admin fees are worked into the cost of your new dates and we do not charge for our services, these amend fees go to suppliers involved.

If you are travelling ahead of FCO affected dates and flight bans you can still change your dates if you wish!

Like everyone else we want things to get back open as soon as possible! After the mess with Thomas Cook, then Flybe, were definitely being tested in this last 7 months but rest assured everything is in hand with us!

We have spoken to nearly every singe client now up to end of May to ask what they want to do (bar a couple which should be done by the end of the week), so we feel we have things in hand on our side to make sure everyone knows where they stand.

Can I please make a request if you have not booked with us, please call who your agent is, because we cannot help you. We have received many calls from people booked elsewhere and i understand other companies are dealing with things differently.

Were keeping things positive on our socials, no negativity! We are also doing a LIVE Disney quiz on weds on our Facebook page!

If you don't have Facebook it isn't a problem as its a public page, so you can still view the contents!

facebook.com/everafterholidays

Myself and the team are open as usual, all working from home!

Our number is FREE to call and were still able to make bookings up to 2021

Stay positive everyone we will all get through this

Mattie

Ever After Holidays
☎️0800 3277108
🌐ABTA & Atol Protected
www.everafterholidays.com

Edited at 12:03 PM.
Ever After Holidays is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

So we are a bit further forward than we were... spoke to Ocean Florida about our 5th August booking. We have 3 options...
1. We can wait it out and hope for a miracle(!) but they are giving us an extra month to pay the remaining balance.
2. We can change the date to a later date, for an amendment fee, and obviously pay any change in price.
3. Cancel and lose the deposit.

Unsure what to do? I’m impressed with them to be honest... at least they aren’t just telling us August is still too far away to make any changes. Going next year will definitely cost us more, so we may have to readjust our accommodation expectations a little. We have until mid May to decide so I think we might see what offers are released for dining and go from there... so back to the beginning I go... I feel like I’ve just gone down the long snake on a snakes and ladder board
Old 2 Apr 20, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Jagnew
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by eaglesrest View Post
If you don't pay then you lose £1000 and the opportunity of a holiday in Florida.

If you do pay, and the holiday can go ahead, then you get the holiday. If you pay and it can't go ahead then you should be refunded the full amount including the deposit.

Biggest risk is the TA going under - would your holiday insurance cover that?

Do you still want to go?

I'd 100% pay and hope the holiday goes ahead, but with the opportunity to get all my expenditure back if not.

People will have a different perspective on everything once the infection curve flattens and then starts to drop. We just don't know for sure when that will be yet.
If travel agent goes under ABTA will cover it if they are members.
Jagnew is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

We’re also booked DIY for August. Had to rebook our flights after TC and now this. Don’t think I’ll DIY again as it’s been a pain. I imagine we’ll just have to wait until we’re told we definitely won’t be going so then we can claim it back on insurance.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List