Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Mar 20, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
how long ago are we talking?

not that it matters still a bit medieval & i dont think you are that old...
It was 34 years ago, I was barely out of teens and DH had just turned 21, if I'd have been older I'd have told them all where to go

I did leave the place in a rage and told DH to be that I do not agree with any of it.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I did question this as a kid and my mums answer was God gives everyone freedom of choice! If you want to be a person who eats food not edible for humans and cause killer viruses or be a mad ba#tard who kills people that up to you. Live your life and be kind to others and if there’s a heaven you will end up there. But I’m not sure if this is true or not, I don’t preach and live with a family of non believers, let’s not have a discussion about religion MH cos I don’t have the answers. I ain’t perfect and had a child before I was married, he came to our wedding lol 😂
Nobody is perfect Sandra at the end of the day. Its often said the only one who was ended up being crucified.

As for choice, I'm reminded of this:

Edited at 02:42 PM.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
My Wife is Catholic and although I am nothing my Parents were Methodists.

We had to go and meet the Priest before he married us and he asked my Wife why she was marrying a leper.

Nice old Gent, I found him hilarious.
Goodness, that reminded me of when my DH and I were Best Man and bridesmaid respectively, the priest said "for the heathens amongst us" despite having given us permission to take these rolls. Had forgotten all about it!
Old 31 Mar 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
tigerfee
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I would love a god to get rid of the virus and all sicknesses and the cruelty of people and animals in the world. Unfortunately many believe a god created everything, so according to some religious people a god created the coronavirus (and then some even suggest it was part of its (the god's) bigger plan).

Some absolutely vile religious leaders in various countries have even been praising their so called god for killing innocent people with the coronavirus.
That is not the God, I know
It's a shame God gets the blame for many of mankind's self made problems. Poverty and oppression in many countries come from thier power hungry leaders throughout history. sickness too, can be caused by the pollution we make and certain foods we eat. Yes there are many religious leaders that do not really know anything about God, but use religion as a tool to thier own devices. That is not true faith, again that comes down to power hungry people.
Just because we decide to not believe or ridicule do you seriously think that changes whether God exists or not. He is not our genie or servant to jump at our command. We stop the creator of the universes from being God with a denial like we do with a switch. It doesn't work like that.
We are not God that we can have the say over him.
One day we will all die and have to face God and he will ask us what we did with his son Jesus.
The one who shed his blood to die for sinful man because he loved us ( we definitely don't deserve it)
If we reject him here in Earth then we are plainly told that he will reject us in heaven.
And no matter how much we deny there is a God that won't help when we are facing him.
People fight with a loving God who want to comfort and care for us but one day we will face him as our judge.
Your beliefs have nothing to do with God's final say.
Don't waste the chance to come to him while u can.

I know I'll get grief for this but I don't care. I'm sick of hearing God slandered by a nation that should be on its knees asking for mercy. We have strayed so far from him, as this thread shows! and we were once considered a Christian nation! We threw away our heritage! no wonder this country is such a mess
tigerfee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I did question this as a kid and my mums answer was God gives everyone freedom of choice! If you want to be a person who eats food not edible for humans and cause killer viruses or be a mad ba#tard who kills people that up to you. Live your life and be kind to others and if there’s a heaven you will end up there. But I’m not sure if this is true or not, I don’t preach and live with a family of non believers, let’s not have a discussion about religion MH cos I don’t have the answers. I ain’t perfect and had a child before I was married, he came to our wedding lol 😂
Sorry Sandra I wasn't moaning at you, but even vegetarians die of the coronavirus. I think there is more chance of another Disneyworld up there where you don't need fast passes because everything is walk on
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

hmmm

dont think the issue was it was inedible ? just infected could have just as easily been from a chicken although originated in a bat
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
It was 34 years ago, I was barely out of teens and DH had just turned 21, if I'd have been older I'd have told them all where to go

I did leave the place in a rage and told DH to be that I do not agree with any of it.
still 1986 was hardly the dark ages...

mental it was even up for discussion or insisted upon
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tigerfee View Post
It's a shame God gets the blame for many of mankind's self made problems. Poverty and oppression in many countries come from thier power hungry leaders throughout history. sickness too, can be caused by the pollution we make and certain foods we eat. Yes there are many religious leaders that do not really know anything about God, but use religion as a tool to thier own devices. That is not true faith, again that comes down to power hungry people.
Just because we decide to not believe or ridicule do you seriously think that changes whether God exists or not. He is not our genie or servant to jump at our command. We stop the creator of the universes from being God with a denial like we do with a switch. It doesn't work like that.
One day we will all die and have to face God and he will ask us what we did with his son Jesus.
The one who shed his blood to die for sinful man because he loved us ( we definitely don't deserve it)
If we reject him here in Earth then we are plainly told that he will reject us in heaven.
And no matter how much we deny there is a God that won't help when we are facing him.
People fight with a loving God who want to comfort and care for us but one day we will face him as our judge.

I know I'll get grief for this but I don't care. I'm sick of hearing God slandered by a nation that should be on its knees asking for mercy. We have strayed so far from him, as this thread shows! and we were once considered a Christian nation! We threw away our heritage! no wonder this country is such a mess
I respect and accept your beliefs and views totally. I’m sorry but I don’t believe we will face anyone when we expire. Our lives are mapped out already from the day we draw our first breath until the moment we draw our last breath.

There’s no salvation - it’s over.

I know that’s at odds with your beliefs but as I accept your beliefs - in the same vein please accept mine.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
How about the whole country gets on its knees and begs for mercy. Let’s see if that works. I’m guessing no.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

but what about all the other gods? are we ok to blame them ?