Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Mar 20, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
hmmm

dont think the issue was it was inedible ? just infected could have just as easily been from a chicken although originated in a bat
Yes I don’t know, I thought it was from eating bats but I’m clueless, I know nothing!
Old 31 Mar 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Sorry Sandra I wasn't moaning at you, but even vegetarians die of the coronavirus. I think there is more chance of another Disneyworld up there where you don't need fast passes because everything is walk on
I hope so!
Old 31 Mar 20, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tigerfee View Post
That is not the God, I know
It's a shame God gets the blame for many of mankind's self made problems. Poverty and oppression in many countries come from thier power hungry leaders throughout history. sickness too, can be caused by the pollution we make and certain foods we eat. Yes there are many religious leaders that do not really know anything about God, but use religion as a tool to thier own devices. That is not true faith, again that comes down to power hungry people.
Just because we decide to not believe or ridicule do you seriously think that changes whether God exists or not. He is not our genie or servant to jump at our command. We stop the creator of the universes from being God with a denial like we do with a switch. It doesn't work like that.
We are not God that we can have the say over him.
One day we will all die and have to face God and he will ask us what we did with his son Jesus.
The one who shed his blood to die for sinful man because he loved us ( we definitely don't deserve it)
If we reject him here in Earth then we are plainly told that he will reject us in heaven.
And no matter how much we deny there is a God that won't help when we are facing him.
People fight with a loving God who want to comfort and care for us but one day we will face him as our judge.
Your beliefs have nothing to do with God's final say.
Don't waste the chance to come to him while u can.

I know I'll get grief for this but I don't care. I'm sick of hearing God slandered by a nation that should be on its knees asking for mercy. We have strayed so far from him, as this thread shows! and we were once considered a Christian nation! We threw away our heritage! no wonder this country is such a mess
The problem is that everyone believes the god they worship is the only one, so they can't all be right. Also within the same religion there are various interpretations to the extent that people even kill one another.

Edited at 03:24 PM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

It's a shame God gets the blame for many of mankind's self made problems. Poverty and oppression in many countries come from thier power hungry leaders throughout history. sickness too, can be caused by the pollution we make and certain foods we eat. Yes there are many religious leaders that do not really know anything about God, but use religion as a tool to thier own devices. That is not true faith, again that comes down to power hungry people.
Just because we decide to not believe or ridicule do you seriously think that changes whether God exists or not. He is not our genie or servant to jump at our command. We stop the creator of the universes from being God with a denial like we do with a switch. It doesn't work like that.
One day we will all die and have to face God and he will ask us what we did with his son Jesus.
The one who shed his blood to die for sinful man because he loved us ( we definitely don't deserve it)
If we reject him here in Earth then we are plainly told that he will reject us in heaven.
And no matter how much we deny there is a God that won't help when we are facing him.
People fight with a loving God who want to comfort and care for us but one day we will face him as our judge.

I know I'll get grief for this but I don't care. I'm sick of hearing God slandered by a nation that should be on its knees asking for mercy. We have strayed so far from him, as this thread shows! and we were once considered a Christian nation! We threw away our heritage! no wonder this country is such a mess
Good for you, I admire you for standing up for what you believe.

I also believe in the God of the bible and like you I also believe that one day we will give account for our actions, the only difference between us is that I am not a Christian.

I was brought up in a Christian home but was never baptised into the church as my father did not believe in infant baptism. He told us that when we were old enough to understand we could make our own minds up as to whether we wanted to be baptised or not, and I chose not to. I used to read the bible a lot as a child but also read 6 comics a week, played football, cricket, and did everything else that young children do, so I certainly was not indoctrinated. My father always told me to read and question things and not to follow his faith or any other faith blindly. Even though I believed in the faith that I was brought up in [still do] I chose not to follow it because I honestly believe that Christianity should be a way of life and not just to bring comfort [as some people use it for]. I do a lot of things that are contrary to what the bible teaches and this is why I didn't get baptised. I would find it hypocritical to tell people that I was a Christian while at the same time doing all the same things as non Christians. I am sure we have all met these types [not aimed at anyone on here but speaking in general].

I believe that it is the duty of every Christian to share their faith with others but after that leave it up to the individual as to what they want to do, we all make our own choices. If someone wants to follow Jesus then they should be allowed to do so without people ridiculing them, and likewise if someone doesn't want to believe in God then they also should be allowed to do so without being ridiculed. If people want to believe in evolution that's their choice and likewise with religion.

None of what I have said in this post is aimed at anyone on these boards so whoever reads it please don't take it personal.

Once again tigerfee I admire you for standing up for what you believe. More and more Christians are saying nothing these days because they don't want to be ridiculed [especially in the younger generation] or for fear that they might offend. Never waiver from from your faith and never worry about what others think of you. It's your choice to follow Jesus the same as it's the non Christian's choice not to, and both should be respected.
Old 31 Mar 20, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

God is not being slandered TBH it’s usually the people representing god that do the harm

Abuse..
Telling people in poorer countries not to use condoms but get aids

People in the southern states in USA despising gay marriages,

God should be a personal thing not a national thing or someone you get on blended knees to. What god are you referring to, your God, or Mohammed or other religions, Sikhs, Mormons, Judaism, Hindus

There is not one god, god is an entity that individuals chose to follow. Your god exists to you, a Muslim, Jew or Hindi May beg to differ

You have a belief and that’s great, I have a faith, I don’t need to spread my faith far and wide, it’s my faith

Edited at 04:53 PM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

I have my plans - cremation then my ashes cast into the sea (from where we emerged) close to the house i was born in. As a carbon based life form , my carbon , as a finite product, will be reused ... no god, or religion will change that process.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
I respect and accept your beliefs and views totally. I’m sorry but I don’t believe we will face anyone when we expire. Our lives are mapped out already from the day we draw our first breath until the moment we draw our last breath.

There’s no salvation - it’s over.

I know that’s at odds with your beliefs but as I accept your beliefs - in the same vein please accept mine.
Whilst I respect anybody’s views on pretty much anything, mine are identical to yours.

In the words of the great Patti Smith from the song ‘Gloria’. (and she took a lot of flak for it at the time).

‘Jesus died for somebody’s sins, but not mine’.

I just try to treat everybody with kindness, dignity and respect, regardless of their beliefs or persuasions. If that is not good enough, then so be it.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 05:29 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

OP
I have said my prayers before sleep everyday for as long as i can remember.
I am not from a strict religious family (they do believe but didn’t go to church etc). I went to church as a young child with reception/ school and fell in love. The hymns, the church, the prayer. It gave me a sense of belonging and a warmth i can not put into words.
I joined the church choir snd attended church on my own (church was almost opposite our house and it was a small village)
My children have been taught about God & Jesus and pray when they are great full, sad etc but they do not pray every single night, nor does my husband. They only pray when they feel they want to or need too.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Whilst I respect anybody’s views on pretty much anything, mine are identical to yours.

In the words of the great Patti Smith from the song ‘Gloria’. (and she took a lot of flak for it at the time).

‘Jesus died for somebody’s sins, but not mine’.

I just try to treat everybody with kindness, dignity and respect, regardless of their beliefs or persuasions. If that is not good enough, then so be it.
That’s how it should be CFB for all of us...

“I just try to treat everybody with kindness, dignity and respect, regardless of their beliefs or persuasions. If that is not good enough, then so be it.”

I couldn’t agree more!
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I have no beliefs at all. That doesn't make me a good or a bad person.

My late Mum took enormous comfort from her religion and that was brilliant for her well being and also she gained from the support the Church and others who attended there emotionally gave her.

My view is to try and keep away from Political and Religious discussions as they can so easily degenerate into arguments.

To me there is no right or wrong and each person has to determine which road is the correct one for them to take. I never judge others for their beliefs or not as the case may be.
Live and let live.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List