Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 5 Mar 20, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
wendy7654
VIP Dibber

Mobile Still planning to go

Hi all
We are due to go to DLP in just over 4 weeks, just wondering what pre-cautions are in place for anyone been recently and going, my sister who is coming with us for my DD’s 18th has stage 4 metastatic breast cancer in the bones, we saw consultant yesterday and he said it’s all about hand washing and cleanliness and to maybe wear gloves on rides and remove and cleanse after it.
We have had this booked since September and at the moment there’s no restrictions in place not to travel.
Just looking for some advices from anyone that’s just come back.
Thanks

Windwood Bay 2008/2009
DIBB Villa - Sandy Ridge 2010
Sandy Ridge Villa-2013
DIBB Villa - Westhaven July 2018

Hotel Elysee Val De Europe May 2015
Seqouia Lodge DLP Xmas/New Year 2015
Seqouia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2016
Sequoia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2017
Sequoia lodge May 2019- August 2022- Hopefully
wendy7654 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 20, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hope you all get there and make amazing memories!

In case of DLP closure ... make sure you have insurance sorted!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 20, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by wendy7654 View Post
Hi all
We are due to go to DLP in just over 4 weeks, just wondering what pre-cautions are in place for anyone been recently and going, my sister who is coming with us for my DD’s 18th has stage 4 metastatic breast cancer in the bones, we saw consultant yesterday and he said it’s all about hand washing and cleanliness and to maybe wear gloves on rides and remove and cleanse after it.
We have had this booked since September and at the moment there’s no restrictions in place not to travel.
Just looking for some advices from anyone that’s just come back.
Thanks
Sounds like perfect advice from the consultant. Keep an eye on the news, if it does become unsafe to travel, they will say so. I actually think if Disney thinks it's unsafe, they will close DLP.

Take hand sanitizer, but be aware (not something they're sharing publicly, which is quite naughty, in my opinion) that after 3 times of using it becomes ineffective, so make sure to do a thorough hand wash with soap and water regularly. Xx
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 20, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
We’re off there tomorrow - if there’s anything notable happening, I’ll post on here. My daughter’s friends are in a very difficult situation as they had a trip booked for Tokyo Disney starting tomorrow. However they’ve just cancelled since the park is closed. It’s been a terrible time for them.
Floridafan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 20, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Djtrax
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

We’re going on 1st April, hope they don’t take drastic action and shut the park down by then. Doesn’t seem to be affecting bookings, I wanted to book sequoia lodge for night before arrival at Disney hotel (Extending holiday), left it until last week, and it was fully booked - which it wasn’t the week before.
Djtrax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 20, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Djtrax View Post
We’re going on 1st April, hope they don’t take drastic action and shut the park down by then. Doesn’t seem to be affecting bookings, I wanted to book sequoia lodge for night before arrival at Disney hotel (Extending holiday), left it until last week, and it was fully booked - which it wasn’t the week before.
Have you tried looking at other websites? Often it's just that site's allocation of rooms that have sold out. X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Dar_Roberts
I want to go now!

Mobile

We’re here at the moment, staying at the Newport Bay. We’ve been here since Tuesday lunchtime and were carefully watching for any sign of closure before we travelled. Since we arrived I can honestly say that if we weren't reading the news online we would have no idea there was anything unusual going on, the only slight precaution I can see is there are bottles of hand sanitiser in a few places but no specific advice to use it, or any other guidelines posted re hygiene that I’ve seen. Not to say it won’t all be different by tomorrow of course but for now it feels very much business as usual here - and I think we can count the number of face masks we’ve seen on the fingers of one hand.

In some ways this is reassuringly normal in these strange times, in other ways it feels quite odd!
Dar_Roberts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 20, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Christina Dunn
Apprentice Imagineer

Christina Dunn's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We are going on the 23rd. Just praying everything will be okay. All ready besides packing so have got euros etc. Unless we are stopped by government advice to not travel, we cannot wait to go.

Christina Dunn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 20, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We go next Thursday keep watching for any changes. Its put a bit of a downer on our first trip.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 20, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
kirmat
Apprentice Imagineer

We are going on the 30th for my 50th birthday on April 2nd. I am not feeling optimistic that we will be able to travel as I think more restrictions will be in place by then. Have a loose plan b in place to lessen the disappointment if we don’t go. To be honest though if the governments feel by then that the safest thing to do is to restrict travel and or close the park then I will be happier to stay here and do something else to mark the occasion. I hope everyone stays well and gets to enjoy their holidays. 🙏
kirmat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List