Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Mar 20, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Richard Branson

As Virgin have asked their staff to take 8 weeks unpaid leave compared to Gary Neville paying his staff in full and handing his hotels over to the NHS ,Branson is getting a lot of stick on social media - things like he's worth £4 billion and it would cost him £38 million to pay his staff and his quote if you look after your staff they will look after your customers
Have peoples opinions on here changed and has it made you think about travelling with Virgin in the future
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Virgin are giving very, very poor customer service regarding refunds and balance payments many people will not book again with them.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

I was thinking about this last night. I used to really like Mr Branson, not anymore. I've never used virgin but always wanted to. We wont be using Virgin in the future.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

If I don't get a refund, I'm done with them.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Read the books on Branson, particularly the Michael Crick ones (who he sued for defamation and failed).

The image you may have may quickly disappear.
Old 20 Mar 20, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

This is probably a silly question but how much of 'Virgin' does Richard Branson own now? I understand that he set up Virgin but I'd presumed each of the companies ran independently - Money, Airways, Holidays, Galactic etc. he'd sold shares and had different levels of control (if any) in each of his enterprises. I doubt this question is as simple as it appears at first glance.

I think some companies are really stepping up to support their customers and staff, and others will have damaged their reputation irreparably, but I'd have to do some more research before making my decision on whether I'd use Virgin again.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

after this is all finished, i hope people remember those businesses who looked after their staff and did things the helped their community

people are keeping track, and i wouldnt be surprised if certain companies end up taking an even bigger hit because of the actions of their CEOs and management teams...

docs.google/spreadsheets...9P8/edit#gid=0
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

When times are hard it's good to see people step up to the plate, saw the neville story yesterday and thought good on him 👍, whether Branson owns a lot of the company still or not he could step up and do something instead of seemingly doing nothing, all I've seen on him is him preaching doom and gloom and asking for a handout last week, lots of minions are having their hours of work cut or worse losing their jobs, struggling to pay bills etc... Sticks in your throat a bit. His own actions might be what breaks the virgin empire cos people remember stuff like this
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I'm amazed anyone is surprised.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

… you only ever had to look at him... geek covered in beautiful girls, thinking they really loved him... if he had no money...… really...…?
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List