Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Mar 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

We are going in July 27 but not going to Disney.

I am going to wait until BA start offering date changes for our trip and rebook for 2021 if the virus problem is still here.

This holiday depends on things being ok in the UK and USA as we are doing a multi city trip

We have a decision to make around June 20 so 3 month away yet.

I would like to go this year but am happy to delay until 2021 if need be.

I may lose some money but even non refundable bookings are being helpful at the moment with date changes etc
Old 22 Mar 20, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

2021 is going to be a bumper year all going well and fingers and toes crossed

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 20, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Moving the holiday forward a year can be done if its tix and hotel only BUT if flights are involved, the cancellation terms are different.
Are you sure its £250 you'll lose?
Some have different conditions when a flight is booked.ie 2 sets of booking conditions. just double check that.

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 20, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have today changed our villa booking for the last 2 weeks in August next year, i'm gutted but at the same time, not willing to take this risk this year. The dibb owners of the villa have been brilliant. We have a BA fly drive booked, which needs paying by 10th July, i'm hoping that if the situation is still volatile then BA will allow us to change the dates, if not we will cancel and lose the £300 deposit and rebook when the time is right. We only have Disney tickets booked on a £10pp deposit at the moment, we haven't decided if we will do Disney next year, if we do then I will change them to 2021 tickets with Floridatix. This is why I book everything deposit only & don't pay till it's due.

I love Florida, and it will always be there, I would rather wait to go back when there is less uncertainty.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We have a California road trip booked for August 22nd and have paid for flights, 3/4 of the hotels and Disney/universal tickets. I won’t do anything with ours until we are forced to as I have too much invested in it now.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 20, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

MMH have booked flight, car, 21 day ticket, five nights Disney at Pofq with upgraded dining to ddp. It was free QS one. Two nights at universal.
Paid £700 approx deposit.
Due to pay another £7k+ on 30 April.

Villa is private booking, paid £150 deposit and due to pay balance in June.

ATD paid deposit of £100 for universal tickets and MNSSHP.

Not paid for airport transfers

Airport hotel was our Xmas present from our inlaws

Mmh say Disney amendment is £50, Virgin is £50 each so £200. That’s £250 in total for amendments.

Say we won’t lose deposit as suppliers are the same but prices have increased for flights and Disney and it might not even include free dining- we should know that before balance is due.

Original villa is nt free next August. New villas we’ve found are much more. Or dates are nt quite matching up. Tied to August.

My father in law says don’t pay another penny. Lose the deposit. He is quite rightly worried the travel industry is going to collapse after all this. My husband thinks pay and let insurance deal with it- I think that’s silly. He won’t discuss it.

I honestly don’t know what to do for the best. I’m in bed ill, more than likely with CV or just a chest infection- who knows! I’m fretting over that, over this. Keeping my children happy, safe and well. Not to mention educated. I’m a teacher, I’m due back week after next so stressing over that as well!

🤯 and breathe (if it was nt so painful I would!)

I think a Disney holiday for next year would be very much needed.

Anyone else feeling the stress?
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 20, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
I booked through virgin holidays in store February 2019 for this august. 14 nights. Paid the deposit but then have devided the remaining balance over the months left to this august and have been paying that off each month.
In total we have just paid £2563 and £900 left to pay by the 27th may. Considering going in and asking for refund on what we have paid out already, and move the deposit to next year. I am off now for 12 weeks, have no spleen and have diabetes. Hubby is self employed and governement are offering him no help. Universal credit said he learnt too much last year? So god knows how we are going to pay for our rent and council tax and of course feed ourselves...or not pay a penny until may and evaluate the situation then?
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif

Edited at 08:53 AM.
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 20, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We’ve got a booking for August. Everything booked separately on mostly deposit or refund basis. (Luckily)

Going to hold out till mid June when the Disney balance part is due.

I’m hoping for the best but I’m feeling it’s a 50/50 chance now.

Yesterday I moved our NYC trip from May to Oct. as to not incure a cancellation cost as I’d paid hotel in full. Also cancelled all associated parts like car park/lounge ect...

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 20, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

We're also booked in for Aug and paid out £1413 so far. I think we could ring BA, Disney, Premier Inn and DC to divert it all to Aug 21 no problem but think we will sit tight for now. Gatwick car parking is free to cancel. We have hotels down the coast either end of the holiday which may be harder to move dates on but not really a biggy (£165 plus lost AVIOS points). Very worse case scenario is we lose the money already paid out which is nothing in comparison to what is going on at this moment.

I personally think our holiday will still happen - half full kind of guy (if Disney, Universal, DC and all the Flights aren't running by then i'll be surprised as first chance they get they will open) but its down to personal choice then if people want to risk it and things will be just starting back up hopefully to run tidy again which as some have said already is that it'll take the edge off things.

Its tough times ahead as firstly we all need to get through this intact whilst also looking to the future for jobs, houses and bills paid, holidays etc etc.

Stay safe everyone.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 20, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
So I have just received this email from virgin.
Now I dont know what to do?
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List