Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Mar 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Charter will not give deposit back, we are booked with them , and a colleague is from work, she has been told if we cancel we forfeit the 250 each deposit (750) for us and there is also their cancellation fee if 100 each and possibly any end supplier fees! I feel very uneasy about paying them another 8765 mid May, we booked all our package thru them

Edited at 08:43 PM.
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Karl01
Getting Excited

Mobile

If you want your money back you have to pay the balances when due and then claim off insurance or credit card if / when it is cancelled. Your problem will be if you pay everything and the flight restrictions have been lifted but the parks aren't open (or restricted in some way that you won't want to go).
Karl01 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Cookie8
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Will Charter Travel not transfer your hotel booking to a different date now instead of waiting?
Cookie8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We have not asked yet as they say they will contact us 2 weeks before bal is due, said same to my colleague whose bal is due end of April, I don’t personally want to go if there are major restrictions at the parks as our holiday is Disney and universal park based.
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Inky View Post
Charter will not give deposit back, we are booked with them , and a colleague is from work, she has been told if we cancel we forfeit the 250 each deposit (750) for us and there is also their cancellation fee if 100 each and possibly any end supplier fees! I feel very uneasy about paying them another 8765 mid May, we booked all our package thru them
If i remember Charter don't accept CC payment? Make sure your covered if u can if u do pay more out.
It was back transfer or some other method from memory and that's why we wouldn't book with them. We were worried about having no protection if something like this happened.

Hope it all comes ok for u. And all the others.
Feel so terrible for everyone and we're also booked for Aug. My mate was out there with his family and they all had to fly home a few days into the holiday.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishgirl1 View Post
I cant help I am afraid, we have a large balance to pay to Disney in April as well but we have paid our flights in full separately and if the flights go and we dont pay Disney we will be left trying to book alternative accomodation and tickets and no free dining. I am getting stressed about paying so much money out next month though.
Not sure when you are going but Disney has returned the whole amount of our bookings £9610 they are giving full refunds up until the 30th of June including the deposit. So if it's before that date you would be entitled to a full refund hope that helps you. We were due to go 24th April.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We paid deposit to charter on credit card, but yes they don’t accept balance on cc
Old 30 Mar 20, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by suehen View Post
Not sure when you are going but Disney has returned the whole amount of our bookings £9610 they are giving full refunds up until the 30th of June including the deposit. So if it's before that date you would be entitled to a full refund hope that helps you. We were due to go 24th April.
Good to know they returned the money. We paid flights direct with United though and they are not offering anything for June yet and even if they do it will be a voucher
scottishgirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
wendy7654
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We have decided to cancel and we were going 7 July, we have lost Villa deposit as expected and deposit for flights with Charter Travel, balances were due April so we took the hit and lost deposits instead of paying balances of £4000 for park tickets also. We did not have any dates for next year and the package charter travel offered for same time next year was £1200 more than this year. Therefore as I had no fixed date to transfer deposit to we decided to cancel outright.

I feel a lot better now, sad we are not going but there’s always next year.

Windwood Bay 2008/2009
DIBB Villa - Sandy Ridge 2010
Sandy Ridge Villa-2013
DIBB Villa - Westhaven July 2018

Hotel Elysee Val De Europe May 2015
Seqouia Lodge DLP Xmas/New Year 2015
Seqouia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2016
Sequoia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2017
Sequoia lodge May 2019- August 2022- Hopefully
wendy7654 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wendy7654 View Post
We have decided to cancel and we were going 7 July, we have lost Villa deposit as expected and deposit for flights with Charter Travel, balances were due April so we took the hit and lost deposits instead of paying balances of £4000 for park tickets also. We did not have any dates for next year and the package charter travel offered for same time next year was £1200 more than this year. Therefore as I had no fixed date to transfer deposit to we decided to cancel outright.

I feel a lot better now, sad we are not going but there’s always next year.
Sorry to hear, but i bet its a big weight off your shoulders and one thing less to stress about. Main thing is everyone getting through this then theres always next year and many more years of holidaying hopefully
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List