Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Mar 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

We have Nationwide cover. To me it reads if the provider has offered voucher and you decline if the trip then gets cancelled later then you wouldn't be covered for cancellation of flight not operating.
We have DIY holiday and I've made my peace that we may lose in excess of two grand.
I'm due to pay Disney balance in June but as we booked direct we can cancelled 8 days in advance.
The virgin holiday car hire, hotels and internal flight to New York I might not get back.
Our flight is a virgin reward flight that I can cancel 24 hours in advance and get taxes back. Fingers crossed they will still be operating.
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Jim
Very Serious Dibber

It doesn't help with accommodation but I'm sure I read somewhere that park tickets are being extended for use in 2021?
Big Jim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

We have the nationwide flex account travel insurance.
If you read the policy document under the cancellation section it’s states you must seek a refund or credit from the provider and they won’t cover if a refund/credit is offered.
I understand your frustration, we are in the same boat. Deposit only for a fly drive with BA who haven’t cancelled our May fights yet.
Don’t really want to pay anymore in the hope we will get it back if(when) the flight is cancelled, won’t be able to use a voucher. I’ve pretty much accepted we will lose the £300 deposit.

Page 21 of the policy document

”Any claim where compensation is available from your transport operator (forexampleduetoEUPassengerRights) unless you provide a document from them explaining why no compensation was given“

Edited at 03:39 PM.
LLamb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
BruTamUK
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Noodle500 View Post
We have Nationwide cover. To me it reads if the provider has offered voucher and you decline if the trip then gets cancelled later then you wouldn't be covered for cancellation of flight not operating.
We have DIY holiday and I've made my peace that we may lose in excess of two grand.
I'm due to pay Disney balance in June but as we booked direct we can cancelled 8 days in advance.
The virgin holiday car hire, hotels and internal flight to New York I might not get back.
Our flight is a virgin reward flight that I can cancel 24 hours in advance and get taxes back. Fingers crossed they will still be operating.
Hi, sorry I don't quite understand the way you see it.
If the provider offers a voucher and the "new" booking then gets cancelled then we wouldn't be covered for that booking?
What if we decline the voucher because we cannot use it in the required time frame? For example, Legoland say we need to use the voucher by christmas but we cannot take any leave from work by then so refuse the voucher as it's no use.
BruTamUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

We have insurance with nationwide too.
Flights are paid for in full with virgin and we can only go in the summer holidays as my husband is a teacher.
Its so stressful
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
BruTamUK
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
We have insurance with nationwide too.
Flights are paid for in full with virgin and we can only go in the summer holidays as my husband is a teacher.
Its so stressful
Agree, it is stressful.
I would be OK if each provider would give vouchers for use the following year but I can't see that happening. The fact that we need to wait until probably late June to find out what will happen takes away all the fun of planning and preparing. Then to add the factor of forking out another £7k before the holiday without any clarification on the insurance just make the whole holiday seem stressful.
BruTamUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BruTamUK View Post
If the provider offers a voucher and the "new" booking then gets cancelled then we wouldn't be covered for that booking?
What if we decline the voucher because we cannot use it in the required time frame? For example, Legoland say we need to use the voucher by christmas but we cannot take any leave from work by then so refuse the voucher as it's no use.
I don’t agree with them and I’m in the same position. It would be better if (BA in my case) wasn’t offering anything then I could claim from Nationwide.
All I’m saying is it shouldn’t be a surprise as it’s quite clear in the policy document.

Definitely stressful, I currently can’t cancel anything although I know we won’t be going. Then our universal annual passes run out in May (would of just got this holiday covered) so to go next we will either need to renew or buy more tickets.

Edited at 03:45 PM.
LLamb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

I think if the operator offers vouchers and you decline the offer and kept existing booking then that existing booking wouldn't be covered for end supplier failure.
Using vouchers would be new booking so wouldn't have corona virus cover. Looks like you can only keep the corona virus cover of you reschedule.
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
BruTamUK
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Noodle500 View Post
I think if the operator offers vouchers and you decline the offer and kept existing booking then that existing booking wouldn't be covered for end supplier failure.
Using vouchers would be new booking so wouldn't have corona virus cover. Looks like you can only keep the corona virus cover of you reschedule.
So basically we would be screwed!
If we refuse the vouchers as they are no use due to work/leave restrictions we wouldn't be able to claim anything through insurance for the original booking.
We would be praying the supplier will offer a refund instead (not likely for things like villa bookings when the T&C's recommend taking out insurance!).
What's the point having insurance when a unusable voucher voids any claim.
Old 30 Mar 20, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

So basically we would be screwed!
If we refuse the vouchers as they are no use due to work/leave restrictions we wouldn't be able to claim anything through insurance for the original booking.
We would be praying the supplier will offer a refund instead (not likely for things like villa bookings when the T&C's recommend taking out insurance!).
What's the point having insurance when a unusable voucher voids any claim.
You could ask (not sure if they would do it) for a letter stating they are unable to offer the voucher as in your case it would be unusable.
Nationwide will cover in this instance.