Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Mar 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

I believe that it is quite a private and personal thing, I was never forced to do it but just did, laying in my bed not kneeling next to it. I still do, not every night but often. I don't go to church as when I did I met many 'unchristian' christians and also don't believe I have to. Religion is a personal thing, some people like to shout it from the roof tops others treat it privately.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

We were forced to say prayers when we stayed at my grandparents’ on a Saturday night. Used to take ages as there were so many. My kids are at a catholic school so they have to say a prayer in the morning but that’s it.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I have fond memories of being a young boy and singing songs in junior school like 'all things bright and beautiful' and onward christian soldiers. I had no idea there were religious songs back then, but I enjoyed singing them.

We have never asked our son to say prayers, and I am more likely to pray to Donald Duck than one of the 2,700 supernatural beings (known as gods) that people pray to.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I say a prayer every night asking God to make Corona F off, my kids don’t and never will! 🙏😊
Old 31 Mar 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I always had to say prayers at bedtime as a child and passed my childhood prayer on to my children. I used to say it with them as part of their bedtime routine until they were about 9/10 years old, then I would tell them to remember their prayers as I left the room and it was up to them if they did or not. It was:

In my little bed I lie
Heavenly Father hear me cry
Lord protect me through the night
Keep me safe ‘til morning light

It finished with God Bless Mum, Dad etc... (usually close family members) then Amen.

I wouldn’t imagine my children still do it (they’re 22 & 19) and I don’t think it’s likely they would pass it down to their children.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
No. No religion in our house. Nothing against anyone who does but I was forced to go to church every week by parents who were too scared not to go because of their over religious parents! I had to be an alter boy as well!
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

nope not in anyway religious in our house now or growing up

i do recall much to my daughter bewilderment having to bang out hymns at school & say the lords prayer every day
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

Every night everyone in our family, in every house, say their prayers . We are Irish Catholics and we will always have our religion if nothing else.
Prayers are said at night in bed, usually our bedtime prayer, and 2 other prayers. holy pictures and statues are dotted around the house, we attend, mass every week, and now we are unable to attend due to the virus we are following mass online. The children arent as interested in the online mass though so they don't watch as much.

In my area we are all religious in our own ways. There won't be very many houses here that you won't find a picture of the sacred heart, and very rare that you'll not have had the priest in to bless your house when you 1st moved in lol. Lots still ask the priest to bless their new car also.

We also light our holy candles every week, however during this hard time, holy candles are being lit every day with a quiet prayer being said.

It's very, much each to their own, but our religion is very important to us, and is never forced on any child. To us it's just the same as being taught and brought up with respect and manners, saying our prayers is just the same for us.
They're also the reason why we celebrate Christmas, Easter, St Patrick's day etc so its importand for us to teach the children why these are being celebrated and it's not just about presents and easter eggs etc.
Irishlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
madasahat
Imagineer

change

nope
orlando sun Villa 2011 2012 2013 villa velvet 2014 Killa villa 2015 orlando sun villa 2017 lake berkeley 2018 lake berkeley 2022

Edited at 01:37 PM. Reason: change
madasahat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Edited as poster removed comment

Edited at 01:45 PM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List