Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Sep 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Thanks Guys, I will admit that Sue's villa honestly looks well above average and we've stayed in quite a few over the years, so you might well be getting a request from us in the future (just don't throw all the outside furniture in the pool and leave me to drag it out).

Again no issues with using Andrex toilet rolls out there, but as previously mentioned we do the flushing in stages to avoid any blockages.

Mick, I left an answerphone message on my mobile saying I am unavailable until the 16th September. I have a few emails and texts to reply to, and I have booked a small job in for next Friday (one or two hours work) as I need time to adjust to UK time before committing myself😀.

Edited at 12:39 PM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Glad you are at home safe, Sea World is not a place we visit but went once in 2004. My kids refuse because dolphins shouldn’t be in tanks but swimming in the sea. The same with Discovery cove even though my dd wanted to swim with Dolphins when she was younger. My sil just went and photos all over Facebook of them swimming with dolphins, my kids were disgusted. They wouldn’t go to Bush Gardens for the Same reason, we were staying up at the Gulf coast and I wanted to go but they refused. We were in Florida for Hurricane Hermine and didn’t put any furniture in the pool! Now you have plenty of time to fix the sink!
Old 15 Sep 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Mick, I left an answerphone message on my mobile saying I am unavailable until the 16th September. I have a few emails and texts to reply to, and I have booked a small job in for next Friday (one or two hours work) as I need time to adjust to UK time before committing myself😀.
Mickey

Perhaps you should postpone returning to work until after 27 October when we're back to GMT giving you a bit more time to acclimatize to UK time. Don't want you rocking up at someone's house too early if you have one of those major jobs over 3 hours to do.

Mick
Old 15 Sep 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Mickey

Perhaps you should postpone returning to work until after 27 October when we're back to GMT giving you a bit more time to acclimatize to UK time. Don't want you rocking up at someone's house too early if you have one of those major jobs over 3 hours to do.

Mick

Mick, you make a very good point and I wish I had done as you suggested, rather than rush back to doing work without recovering from my trip.

I slept well last night and feel quite good today. The costa staff thought something had happened to me due to my absence, and it was nice getting my first fix this morning.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Thanks for the review and glad you had a good time. If you aren’t intending to return for a few years, where do you think you will go?
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Bouncing Tigger
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Good to hear about Millers as we’re going there on our next visit.

I agree with Mick, maybe cancel your job and rearrange for early November, although it’s then getting close to Christmas...

Quality Inn International Oct 97 & Sep 2002
Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando Nov 2006
Coco Key Hotel & Water Park Oct 2012
POR Oct 2017 30th anniversary trip
May 2019 POFQ
POFQ again 2022
The best of the best 2023
Bouncing Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
Thanks for the review and glad you had a good time. If you aren’t intending to return for a few years, where do you think you will go?
We plan to have some short trips around the UK, as we haven't seen much of it. Next May we have a week in mainland Spain in an area we used to go to, and that seems crazy cheap compared to Florida even flying BA with afternoon flights and booking a decent 2 bedroom duplex apartment for 2 of us.

We will book accommodation in the UK that we can cancel and reschedule at short notice should the weather be bad (as in lots of rain).
Old 15 Sep 19, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I agree about Seaworld. We were very unimpressed, and seemed to be running on a skeleton staff. Busch Gardens in contrast was brilliant, despite being owned by the same company.
I think Seaworld is suffering economically.
Old 15 Sep 19, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
We plan to have some short trips around the UK, as we haven't seen much of it. Next May we have a week in mainland Spain in an area we used to go to, and that seems crazy cheap compared to Florida even flying BA with afternoon flights and booking a decent 2 bedroom duplex apartment for 2 of us.

We will book accommodation in the UK that we can cancel and reschedule at short notice should the weather be bad (as in lots of rain).
We too have ‘rediscovered’ the UK- we often underestimate the beauty, culture and traditions we have on our doorstep. We’ve ‘maxed out’ our National Trust cards in the last two years.😂
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds like my report from May. It’s not that we didn’t enjoy or like it’s just not the same

Great queue times though.
Glad your back safely. Waiting for the first poll
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List