Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Unread 24 Oct 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
VIP Dibber

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
We have gone back to old fashioned bars of soap not plastic containers but we do have them in both bathrooms and the kitchen.
I am equally surprised at how many come out of public toilets without washing their hands 🤮
We've gone back to bars of soap in an attempt to cut down our plastic as well. We have them at every sink in the house, luckily I've never been to a house that doesn't have some sort of soap by the bathroom sink.
Jaybeez is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
We have gone back to old fashioned bars of soap not plastic containers but we do have them in both bathrooms and the kitchen.
I am equally surprised at how many come out of public toilets without washing their hands 🤮
I sometimes sit opposite the toilet in costa (not my favourite seat but it's a 2 person table - I'm not inconsiderate taking up a 4 seat table), and not that I purposely monitor it, but so often I hear the toilet flush and people walk straight out (they have a heater drier that is loud and no hand towels).

We have liquid soap in the kitchen, and I never touch food without washing my hands. Even giving my dog fresh water or feeding her, I immediately wash my hands after.

Clearly not everyone washes their hands after using the loo, or when preparing food, which is not good.

Edited at 08:43 PM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Yuck ! The thing is in public places when people come out of the loo not having washed their hands, they touch door handles, hold the menu and pick up the salt pot if having a meal etc. They cant avoid passing germs on.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
Yuck ! The thing is in public places when people come out of the loo not having washed their hands, they touch door handles, hold the menu and pick up the salt pot if having a meal etc. They cant avoid passing germs on.
Exactly. I never touch the door handle of a public toilet for that reason.

Slightly different subject, but I popped into a suppliers today and they had a jar of bourbons on the counter for tradespeople to help themselve to, and I love bourbon biscuits but no way was I eating any when builders with dirty/unclean hands have had their mitts in the jar.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
BerkshireBugsy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I sometimes sit opposite the toilet in costa (not my favourite seat but it's a 2 person table - I'm not inconsiderate taking up a 4 seat table), and not that I purposely monitor it, but so often I hear the toilet flush and people walk straight out (they have a heater drier that is loud and no hand towels).

We have liquid soap in the kitchen, and I never touch food without washing my hands. Even giving my dog fresh water or feeding her, I immediately wash my hands after.

Clearly not everyone washes their hands after using the loo, or when preparing food, which is not good.
Is this your idea of an evenings entertainment sitting outside the loos in Costa ?

Sounds like fun !
Unread 24 Oct 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
Is this your idea of an evenings entertainment sitting outside the loos in Costa ?

Sounds like fun !
Lol, no it's my morning routine.
Unread 24 Oct 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
BerkshireBugsy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Lol, no it's my morning routine.
Have you ever thought about having a hand dryer sound effect file on your phone so when they come out without washing their hands you can kind of trigger their memory ?
Unread 24 Oct 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
Have you ever thought about having a hand dryer sound effect file on your phone so when they come out without washing their hands you can kind of trigger their memory ?
The problem is they need to wash their hands before using the drier