Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Trip Planning Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
Orlando Attractions
Unread 5 Dec 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by AtLast View Post
I'll look at some villas. We were thinking hotel because it seems more 'holiday-y' if you know what I mean. I'll run it past my mam but I want her to have a holiday too, I don't want her to end up cooking, cleaning and running around after everyone for 2 weeks. I'm not sure if she'd relax enough in a 'house' atmosphere.
Villas and condos are really nice and there is no way I cook on holiday . We take cereal and tea bags for breakfasts then have a lunch or evening meal out . For 4 of you offsite you can budget around $100 per meal if you dont have alcohol and just stick to the main and share starters ( portions are huge so easily done) .
If you havent booked onsite already with the free dining plan you would have to pay separately and that is expensive . The next uk offer will be in April 2020 for 2021. Why not show you dad some menus or YouTube videos so he knows what to expect ? Might soften the blow . Food reports on here are excellent as well. Perhaps if hes involved a little he may mellow . My dh didnt want to do America the first time we went but hes hooked.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , 1 night poly
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Return to Sicily :)
Unread 5 Dec 19, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Leave your Dad at home. Im a tightwad myself but wouldnt expect others to pay for me.
When he sees a beer at Disney, less than a pint, 8.99 PLUS tax and tip, hell give up drinking.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Coast2Coast incl Grand Cali+Copper Creek
Unread 5 Dec 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

I'll look at some villas. We were thinking hotel because it seems more 'holiday-y' if you know what I mean. I'll run it past my mam but I want her to have a holiday too, I don't want her to end up cooking, cleaning and running around after everyone for 2 weeks. I'm not sure if she'd relax enough in a 'house' atmosphere.
Try a Suite like a 3 bedroom (Staybridge Suites for example) Apartment cleaned each day, so like a hotel, Free breakfast every morning and I think 4 days a week they put on some evening food, not loads but more substantial than snacks
ziggyzag is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Orlando!
Unread 5 Dec 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
This is a tricky one for you. Villas are generally much better value for money than hotels (IMHO - but then I would say that wouldn't I?)

In this case the concern for your mam is a genuine one. Eating at the villa is a great way to save money and eat healthily, this is especially true for barbecue with good quality steak and seafood (from Walmart and Publix respectively) plus whole sweetcorn cobs and mushrooms... mmmm...

You are completely correct that this does put the onus on someone to cook it, which isn't what you want for this particular trip. Unless your mam refuses point blank to cook and sticks to it, then a villa may not work (I cannot believe I am typing this!)

Best of luck

Regards

Gary
Contemporary 5* Luxury villa on Highlands Reserve Championship golf course, 5-bed 3-bath, SW facing pool & spa, huge gas BBQ & open views over golf course. Safe 10 minute walk to Berry Town Center.

Click HERE to see our Dibb advert
Click HERE to read over 40 fantastic Dibb reviews

State License No: DWE6310701

Edited at 08:26 PM.
Tetrarch is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Pool Refurbishment Project
Unread 5 Dec 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
WDW365
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

We love a villa. And 2000 for two weeks is great value. 5 bedrooms. 4 bathrooms in amazing location and 5 minutes from Animal Kingdom. There we five adults and often collected chicken tender subs from Publix nearby for evening meal. Superb food and adding in plenty of drinks wed spend about $30 for the five of us. Sat round the table chatting our amazing day at the parks. We did eat as well but loved our nights in. Our tip when eating out was as much as spent on the nights in. And for flights we never rush and panic. We watch the prices going up and down and book when they hit about 400 each.
WDW365 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I know you want your dad there but I think it'll be best to leave him at home if he's not prepared to pay the same as the rest of you. The way you describe him nobody will enjoy the holiday and it will be a complete waste of money for you all.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Third solo trip - POFQ and Polynesian!
Unread 5 Dec 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
EatandPlay
Very Serious Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Staying offsite (eg a hotel on I-Drive or a villa etc) will save you a fortune in accommodations. Plus, offsite restaurants are generally less expensive too. And you'll have so many more options to choose from. Orlando doesn't haven't to burn a hole in the pocket if you don't want it to.
Visit our new website:https://eatandplaycard.com
EatandPlay is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Thanks guys. Lots to think about.

It's just the four of us and yes it has to be 2020 as in 2021 my brother will be married and I'll hopefully be a homeowner.

10,000 is for flights, accommodation and park tickets. Spending money will be extra.
For us, 4 adults, 10 grand would also include all food costs and spending money and we would still have plently left over on a 2 week trip.
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
APs in hand.. Back for Rise of the Resistance
Discount Florida Car Hire