Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Accommodation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info
Unread 5 Dec 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Not recently we stayed in 2016 when it had just had a refurb . Like yourself it was our dream hotel at WDW and we would have been disappointed if it hadnt lived up to its expectations. For us it was everything we expected and more.

It is a lot of money so you do expect the best.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disney Paris for a quick fix then Venice
Unread 5 Dec 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
The skyliner is fabulous so any hotel on that route would be amazing . 16 minutes from Hs to Epcot .
I cried in the lobby during our stay , not what I ever expected. The poly a few days later put the yacht to shame , it couldnt have been or felt more different.
I'm one of the ones who had issues with Beach Club in September. Disney have given me 5 free nights at a deluxe of my choice and the Poly is what I've chosen. I've reduced next year's POFQ stay from 12 nights to 7 and am spending the other 5 nights at the Poly I had a garden/woods view room at the BC (actually no garden, just a load of trees a few feet away though that didn't bother me) and I'll be in a lagoon view room at the Poly.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Third solo trip - POFQ and Polynesian!
Unread 5 Dec 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Danex
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to reply.

To answer a few questions, yes we have booked with free dining or I would probably be looking at the Swan/Dolphin instead.

Unfortunately another resort with skyliner access is not for us. My husband is deadly afraid of heights, we have done a cable car once while on a cruise which stopped at Madeira and it was horrible for him so I doubt we will even be on the skyliner at all.

Mexy02 that must have been so awful for you, Im so sorry things were so bad that it actually made you cry 😢
I would have loved the possibility of moving to the Poly but free dining wasnt offered at it for next year, and it possibly would have been too much of a stretch financially.

dx4100 thank you for all your points, I think your post really helped us make our mind up.

For now we are going to leave our reservation where it is at the Beach Club.
I think if we dont we will regret not trying it, as hopefully if something is wrong then that can be fixed when were there.
We just cant get away from the convenience of the location and at least if we dont like it then well know one way or the other.
Danex is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Beach Club Birthday Trip
Unread 5 Dec 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Danex
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by IANF View Post
I must say, weve stayed onsite many times (all moderates and once at WL which was amazing), we have 14 nights at BC for my 50th on Jan 2nd and weve never worried so much over a resort! Its cost a small fortune and seems to be so many issues with the resort! When weve stayed at POFQ/CS/POR before we knew what we were getting, now it seems with a garden view theres a 50/50 chance of a balcony (all rooms had them at WL) plus even if you do get lucky theres then another lottery as to if you get a decent view or are just looking at trees 20ft away!
Weve always wanted to stay here but seems like so many issues at the moment here!
I hope you have a wonderful holiday, not long to go now!

If you dont mind could you report back on the resort when you return?

Thank you and have a wonderful trip 😊
Danex is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Beach Club Birthday Trip
Unread 5 Dec 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DDD
Very Serious Dibber

DDD's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
We love the beach club. Weve been going for a few years now with our last visit this July.

Housekeeping was excellent and the room we had spotless. One day they didnt replenish toiletries but was sorted after a quick call to reception. Ive never had an issue, Im not saying some folks havent but if you think of the thousands and thousands of people staying Im sure in % terms its a very small amount.
Communal areas were clean. The only thing I would say was a bit of a pain was queues for soda machines first thing in morning and evening. (However this is because theres so much choice and people were slow in deciding if they wanted cherry or lime flavouring with their Coke Zero or Diet Coke!

The hotel is in a fabulous location, its an easy and enjoyable walk back from Hollywood studios at night if the boat is busy.

Keep looking forward to it...its fabulous!
DDD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Not sure how or when but were going!
Unread 5 Dec 19, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
IANF
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Danex View Post
I hope you have a wonderful holiday, not long to go now!

If you dont mind could you report back on the resort when you return?

Thank you and have a wonderful trip 😊
Of course, will report in while there👍🏻... mind you just watched the first reviews of SWROTR and would stay in a tent to ride this thing😀😀😀! Looks off the radar!

Touch wood it will be as magical as we hope at BC, weve requested a Courtyard view/full balcony/upper level room so well see what we get!
Hopefully the Wi-fi issue wont affect us as always had excellent Wi-fi at all other resorts and tbh you really rely on it with MDE. No good using data as we are all with BT mobile which has an awful roaming plan abroad (6 a day for 500m)
WILDERNESS LODGE 2009
CORONADO SPRINGS 2014
IANF is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 19, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
Imagineer

Claudette's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Danex View Post
Thanks for your reply.

Yes its so hard, as you say every hotel has good and bad bits and I dont expect it to be perfect.
Saying that, like you its cost us a lot of money, 6500 just for the hotel/tickets.
So with flights etc on top we are over 8k before we spend anything there and I dont want to feel that we have wasted that money.

Its such a hard decision!
I havent been to the Beach Club but we were at the Yacht Club this year and somebody mentioned it has shared management. It was an excellent hotel, no issues whatsoever, we both really liked it. I believe it is more recently refurbished than the BC though and I found the BC public areas less appealing (busier, nosier than YC) but I would be perfectly happy to try BC sometime if it comes up with the best deluxe deal.

Regarding the cost, yes it is a lot of money and I dont know that any of the Disney deluxe hotels are worth the cost per se. I consider a large part of that cost attributable to the benefits of being an onsite guest, rather than the cost of the hotel room itself.
Claudette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
NY & Disney 2020
Unread 6 Dec 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Spotter
Earning My Ears

We stayed in Beach Club for 12 nights last month so our experience is very recent. Weve stayed at AKL and WL in the last two years so have those for comparison.

I wouldnt hesitate to stay there again. We had no issues with the staff. Everyone was very pleasant although we didnt make any complaints so I cant comment on staff rectifying issues. Cleanliness, fixtures and fittings in our room were not an issue.

Was it absolutely perfect with unicorns and pixie dust? No. For our room the WiFi was temperamental at best. We have US coverage with our phone plans so no biggie but that could be an issue for someone else. We were facing Epcot (garden view) so a view of trees from the balcony (full size) which we had requested. Absolutely no issues for most of the time but we were there over a run Disney weekend so there was music blaring from 5.30 onwards. Far from ideal and it was annoying. We decided not to request a room change for the hassle factor and we were up early for HS one day anyway. My parents were staying that weekend in a room opposite, garden view but facing the lake and they didnt hear a thing from Epcot so different rooms can give different experiences at the same time.

We have never stayed at GF, Poly or Contemporary. Every time we look at the pricing they are easily 30-50% higher for the equivalent room which makes a massive difference over 12 days. Can you get a better hotel thats not Disney branded for the price? I would say so. But they generally dont offer the location and ease of access to so many Disney areas (Swan and Dolphin excluded). It was my wife, our 6 year old and me and just having a nice wander round the boardwalk after a day at a theme park is a lovely way to unwind. Plenty to see in the area with lots of options for eating.

A long rambling reply but I wouldnt hesitate to stay there again. We loved it.
Spotter is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Kenwood Travel