Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Unread 11 Dec 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Clairelovestate
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I didnt realise how moody my 12yr ds was until Monday when he came out of school so happy. He was a delight that evening, we had fun and laughed and didnt get all sensitive about it 🙄. He was back to his moody self yesterday though. I actually miss the non moody child more than I ever realised 😩
Clairelovestate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disneyland Paris!
Unread 11 Dec 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Mobile

My 15 yr old dd.is hard work.atm... think.eye rolling and hate yous ...
Lets try Bulgaria ..then Efteling again!
Unread 11 Dec 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

14 year old plenty of eye rolling tutting & sighing... odd weepy breakdown over what seems like nothing... but no i hate you(s)...

by all account my mrs was a nightmare teen so seems we have so far got off lightly with daughter no1
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Every time I come on this forum I'm more and more pleased I never had kids. I've never seen any threads by people complimenting their kids but loads moaning about them. Ah well you make your choice and have to live with it.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Third solo trip - POFQ and Polynesian!
Unread 11 Dec 19, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
Every time I come on this forum I'm more and more pleased I never had kids. I've never seen any threads by people complimenting their kids but loads moaning about them. Ah well you make your choice and have to live with it.
I'm not sure people need advice when their children are being good.
All children misbehave at some point but as a parent the joy they bring far outweighs the misery.

It's a bit like moaning about the bad bits about a Disney holiday 95% of the holiday is fantastic there might be 5% that is horrific.

People don't like to be too boastful but I see plenty of 'I'm proud of threads' on here.

OP all kids have their moments sometimes it is more frequent than usual. I find my kids get tired towards the end of a school term and their behaviour starts to deteriorate a little. Come the holidays they will be having fun and getting more rest though.

Edited at 09:37 PM.
3disneykids is online now Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
kellyreathomps
Gone all Goofy

Well let me be the first. My 10 year old has made my husband and I better people and she is the love of our lives. She has been a complete joy to raise and come the time of moody teenager I will grin and bear it as I am sure my parents did to me.
kellyreathomps is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
3 weeks, split stay!
Unread 11 Dec 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Clairelovestate
Very Serious Dibber

I really dont think you can judge. Im sure every parent has more good times than bad times with their children and Im sure are loved very much, and yes we probably did all choose to have them, however there is also nothing wrong with supporting each other if the children are going through a tough phase and giving each other tips on how to handle situations. Unfortunately there is no guide on how to raise children and helping each other out can be really useful and comforting.
Clairelovestate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disneyland Paris!
Unread 11 Dec 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Getting Excited

Mobile

I don't think any of us are moaning about our children, just reaching out to others who may be going through similar. Being a parent is the hardest job in the world and you never get a break from it and sometimes you just need the support of others to help when as a parent you are struggling.
I was not moaning about what my child is going through but more wondering how am I going to cope and support in the right way so as to continue to build our relationship and help them to continue to grow into a kind caring well adjusted member of society.

I know I am so blessed and lucky and more than happy to have 2 amazing children who blow my mind with their achievements.
lemon-squeeze is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ