Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Dec 19, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sw16
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Just a point wont putting not known at this address not just confuse the post office? They don't send post back to the sender unless there is an address on the back of the envelope
Old 13 Dec 19, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
BlueMacaw
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
I'm firmly with the OP here. I haven't spoken to my mother for several years and have no intention of ever doing so again. My sister can do no wrong, I can do no right, that's the way it's always been. Loads of people pointed it out to her but she wouldn't listen. The rest of my family aren't talking to me because of it. But I have peace of mind.
I’m also with the OP and agree with you, at the end of the day it is her life, no one can tell her whether or not to patch things up, however well intended it is.

Don’t get me wrong I totally appreciate that life is short and that some people have lost parents and have had to live with that grief, but as another poster pointed out, why should we have to tolerate abusive parents just because they are parents? Family isn’t always about blood.

My dad has never been a dad to me, we were close when I was younger, but as soon as he had a girlfriend when I was 12, he lost interest in me and focused on her children, it killed me inside and then I spent years chasing him, trying to rebuild a relationship but he wasn’t interested, he cut me out for good when I was 18 and it kills me, I dream about him quite often, it breaks me inside, but how can I go back to him knowing he isn’t interested, there’s too much water under the bridge and I won’t put myself through it again.

Edited at 11:21 PM.
BlueMacaw is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

OP. Sorry, I can see how much this has upset you.

I don't know how your mum got your address I am afraid. However, you mentioned the electoral roll. There are two. One which is accessible to all and can be sold off to people for marketing arrangements or to 192 or equivalent. The other is restricted. Your address isn't visible and your details not sold on.

There is normally an obscure tick box on the voters reg form so you can opt out of more public access. You can also phone up and ask to be withdrawn. Police etc can still see the restricted list.

May be a bit late for your mother, but may be useful for general information.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you for all your replies

I have calmed down a bit.

I don’t think I can send it back I might have binned the letter.

I’m just annoyed that I’m in my new house, new school all basically a fresh start without drama.

I thought my address would be private. I was obviously wrong.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 01:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by may View Post
If I'm honest I think it's a confusing thread. The OP asked how her address might have been accessed and was given a range of unsolicited opinions about whether she should be receptive to a parental attempt at reconciliation that may or may not be occurring. Someone who pointed out that this was problematic had her input referred to as 'pussyfooted' and a perfectly innocuous comment was pronounced to be ' personal' perhaps leading to a withdrawal from the Dibb? I think we may all be suffering from P E T , Post Electoral Tension and I'm prescribing myself an early night. 🙂
Personally I couldn't gives a doggy doos about the election. Have got more important (to me) things to worry about, like being in constant pain, hospital appointments, all sorts.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 01:54 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Personally I couldn't gives a doggy doos about the election. Have got more important (to me) things to worry about, like being in constant pain, hospital appointments, all sorts.
Andybear

Hope you feel much better soon.

Take care
Old 14 Dec 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
may
Apprentice Imagineer

may's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 10
Mobile

Andybear I was making a weak attempt at humour. Most of us regulars are aware of your health problems and the significant focus they must naturally be in your life. I hope you have a good Christmas x
may is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by may View Post
Andybear I was making a weak attempt at humour. Most of us regulars are aware of your health problems and the significant focus they must naturally be in your life. I hope you have a good Christmas x
Yes I thought it was just humour too.
Hopefully andybear will be ok.

This thread did go a bit random but it was very helpful for me too.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post

Yes sorry about that and my posts - sorry if I upset you (not my intention - I have now deleted them) and pleased you found the tread very helpful

Have a good weekend
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post

I hope you feel less worried now too. It’s sad that your mum and sister hasn’t been there for you, but as you state it’s not possible to rebuild a relationship with them, then I hope you can move on and just enjoy your lovely little girls and build your own wonderful family and enjoy Christmas and your life in your new home without stressing about your mum.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List