Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Dec 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

UPDATED : Another bathroom thread... floor and wall colour advice

So we have chosen the furniture and tiles for our hotly anticipated bathroom which are these

The furniture looks browner than it actually is on this photo and is much more grey in real life (but a warm grey)

We are having the tiles along two walls and the other two walls will be painted (albeit there will be a big mirror on the biggest of the two walls) but I don't have a clue what paint colour to go for. I really don't want the bathroom to end up being 50 shades of grey but I don't want a bold colour either.

And then there's the floor! I fancy having wood effect of some sort as I would like to have some wooden shelves on the wall and and few other wood accessories but I'm not sure if it will go. I have been thinking about driftwood style so it brings through some grey like this:

All dibbers help and ideas much appreciated!l as always

Edited at 10:57 PM.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post

I’d keep it simple with an ivory / cream.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I love driftwood style flooring.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
shona
Apprentice Imagineer

We have a similar scheme and our walls are almost white but have a tinge of grey. We have wood effect Lino like grey wood and it all looks good together.
shona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

You could pick one of the shades out of the flooring for the paint.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
skb 123
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Loving your choices and would love to have details of those tiles.

I'd be tempted to go with a lavender shade for the 2 walls, which would look nice with the greys. I'm thinking of Dulux's Dusted Fondant, Gentle Lavender or Lavender Quartz.

Don't forget to post photos when complete.
skb 123 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
VIP Dibber

I'd go with that floor and white walls, especially if you're putting up wooden shelves.

Bolder floors are popular in bathrooms these days and simple white paint might make a nice, bright contrast to everything else and wouldn't compete. Also, it picks out the white in the flooring, the tiles and the basin.

Happy decorating!

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by skb 123 View Post

I'd be tempted to go with a lavender shade for the 2 walls, which would look nice with the greys. I'm thinking of Dulux's Dusted Fondant, Gentle Lavender or Lavender Quartz.

I was thinking along those lines too.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by skb 123 View Post

Forgot to say the tiles are from Easy Bathrooms. They have been amazing with their before and after sales service.
Old 15 Dec 19, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
I'd go with that floor and white walls, especially if you're putting up wooden shelves.

Bolder floors are popular in bathrooms these days and simple white paint might make a nice, bright contrast to everything else and wouldn't compete. Also, it picks out the white in the flooring, the tiles and the basin.

Happy decorating!
I do worry that white would be too harsh but I do get what you are saying. We would need to mist coat the new plaster anyway so maybe we could see what we think at that point and take it from there.