Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Dec 19, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bashfulwhite
Getting Excited

Mobile Las Vegas advice please

My future husband and I are planning a week in Las Vegas without the kids. We aren't going on a massive budget but fir roughly the same price we can stay at circus circus, stratosphere, rio, flamingo, exvalibur or luxor. There's literally £50 of a difference between them.
Can anyone provide any positive feedback on any or anything to completely avoid.
I understand everyone's thoughts are different but it's difficult looking at reviews on line as you never know if they are genuine. Thanks
Bashfulwhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 19, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

You need to post this in the west coast forum or get a mod to move it.

Don't stay in Circus Circus for any reason, it's in desperate need of an update (well knocking down and rebuilding). Stratosphere is OK but a long way up the strip and most of the main strip is a long walk away. It's closer to Fremont Street.

Flamingo is the most central.and best choice of those.

Edited at 11:37 PM.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 19, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

Definitely rule out circus circus,it’s definitely seen better days,to put it politely.
I would also rule out the stratosphere,due to its location.Its too far down the strip in my opinion.
Out of the others listed,I think I would go for the Luxor,although I have stayed in none of the other ones you have listed.
If you’re on a budget,have you looked at any places to stay off the strip.Some of them can be good value for money & maybe worth a look.
Tracy s
Old 26 Dec 19, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Flamingo
Apprentice Imagineer

Flamingo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

Don't choose Circus Circus!
We've stayed at the Flaming twice (actually got married there) & would definitely stay again.
Position wise it's pretty much in the centre of The Strip with lots going on around it / in easy reach.
Have a wonderful time 😃
Flamingo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 19, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Go for flamingo, better hotel and better location.
Circus circus is a dive , Excalibur isn’t that nice and Luxor is far end of the strip and full of timeshare salesmen
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 19, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We stayed at Circus Circus in 2010 and whilst it was a bit further away than the main strip it was okay. We've been a few times since and that area is a bit dodgy now. I'd choose Flamingo or Luxor from your choices. The location of the Flamingo would swing it for me from your list.

How much more expensive are New York New York, MGM Grand, Caesars, Paris, Park MGM? If I was going again, I think the next level, or above, of hotels are so much nicer.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 19, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Luxor is a lovely hotel but at the end of the Strip (amazing bathrooms). Last time there we stayed at the Hilton its not on the strip, (which we wanted) but is on the overhead metro, which actually runs right to it, very convenient. If you book it, come to that any hotel there, and you notice a room price drop just ring them & they will honour the lower price ( I got a lower price twice doing that.) I too would avoid Circus Circus & also Escalabur (both very children orientated but worth a visit). Check out the shows that are on and book b4 you go. You can pick up tickets at Will Call desk. Also check out Pink Adventure Tours who are excellent & pick you up at your hotel. We used them to go out to the Grand Canyon with the add on of the helicopter down to the bottom of the canyon and boat trip. Special treat book a table for dinner in the Eiffel Tower, Paris Hotel, & watch the dancing fountains opposite at the Bellagio hotel from there.
Old 27 Dec 19, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Ems!
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
I’d probably go for flamingo due to location , next choice Luxor.

Definitely not circus circus (awful ) or strat ( v bad location !)
Old 27 Dec 19, 01:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

I’d go for the flamingo due to the location and it seems to be a nice hotel. DH has stayed at the stratosphere and would t stay there again. It was so poor that the entire party got their resort fee refunded. He liked Excalibur but that’s as they comp’d him his room due to his gambling. I wasn’t on either of those trips and have asked what he needed to lose for that.
Alices Aunt is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 19, 01:07 AM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I wouldn’t go fir the stratosphere - too far out in my opinion.